2012 MLB Games

The Buscher

Hitting in 2K12 is pissing me off. If I'm not hitting a single or a home run, the ball is going straight to a field, every time. Meanwhile, opposing teams are getting bloop singles, liners through the gap and balls going far from where my outfielders are.

Stealing in 2K12, you just advance the runner with LT or L2, then hold it down and let go when you want them to steal. Then pick a direction on the left stick to influence a slide.

I am fucking terrible at batting in The Show. Stride? Too early or too late nearly every fucking time. Like 2 out of 50 will be good or perfect. I just can't manage it.

I can do the timing as it makes sense. You swing when the ball is near you. But the stride thing I just don't get. It seems impossible to stride as late as they want and still manage to time the swing as anything but late if you want to look at it. To do it right I'm basically swinging blind.

I'm not one to call out a cheating AI, but The Show may be the worst case of it. We swept the Tigers in the ALDS. Get to the ALCS and in our first three games, our incredibly good pitching staff gives up eleven, thirteen, and eleven runs. In each game, the White Sox have scored five runs in the first inning. It's not even giving us a realistic chance. What's the fun in playing all season (which I did) only to get cheated out of the playoffs. I may take some time away from this after we get swept out of the playoffs.

Why did you play all the regular season games but sim the ALCS?

My RttS pitcher is showing as being ranked 1/250, but my Astros are the second worst team in the league. I give up a lot of hits, but I generally don;'t concede more than 2 or 3 earned runs. The problem I'm having is that it feels like my entire defense is being played by retards, or clowns. Or retarded clowns, I guess. Whatever. I just can't believe that a professional team can have so many slow balls "eat them up" or that they can overthrow the man on first almost once per game. And there's silly bullshit like on a double play where I'm covering first, the second baseman will literally wait until my foot is on the bag to throw the ball, rather than leading me onto the base. Although that's not as bad as when I'm expected to cover as the first baseman was pulled off, but is still in a better position to guard the base and the second baseman STILL refuses to throw. Also, the number of times I've held a team scoreless or to one run and either a. the offense fails to muster a single run to help out or b. I'm subbed out in the 6th or 7th only to have the relievers shit the bed spectacularly is ridiculous.

I'm not expecting to win every game, or even make the playoffs every year, but it's just getting absurd. I tried to request a trade, but they either consider me too important a player for the club's future, or their asking price is too high and they don't get any interest. Is there anything I can do to improve the situation, or am I best off just starting again? Hell, I had one game where I struck out ten, held them to 2 runs (only one of which was earned due to a spectacular error by the second baseman - he fumbled a routine grounder before throwing it over the first baseman and into the stands) AND batted in two runs to give us a two run lead, and we still lost. What the fuck more can I do?

Guh. Up 3-0 against the Reds. In the 4th, 5th and 6th inning, there's an opportunity for a double play. Twice, the second baseman doesn't bother to throw the ball back to first (once was possibly because he was waiting for me to get over to the base, but I don't see why it does that when the first baseman is right fucking there and I'm slow as fuck because I'm a pitcher). The third time, he fumbles the throw from the first baseman, manages to get over in time anyway for the force, but then throws the ball so far over the first baseman's head, it had to have been a deliberate "fuck you for making me fumble your shitty throw" effort. Lost 6-3.

My RttS pitcher is showing as being ranked 1/250, but my Astros are the second worst team in the league. I give up a lot of hits, but I generally don;'t concede more than 2 or 3 earned runs. The problem I'm having is that it feels like my entire defense is being played by retards, or clowns. Or retarded clowns, I guess. Whatever. I just can't believe that a professional team can have so many slow balls "eat them up" or that they can overthrow the man on first almost once per game. And there's silly bullshit like on a double play where I'm covering first, the second baseman will literally wait until my foot is on the bag to throw the ball, rather than leading me onto the base. Although that's not as bad as when I'm expected to cover as the first baseman was pulled off, but is still in a better position to guard the base and the second baseman STILL refuses to throw.

The fielding AI is so much better in modern incarnations of The Show than it was in the 07/08 times, but it's still pretty brutal at times. The lack of leading throws is a huge issue and leads to way too many infield hits/fielder's choice calls that should be outs/DPs.

Back in The Show '09 I demanded a trade from Seattle and they refused so I started lobbing fastballs down the middle and hitting batters all the time until the figured I was shit and traded me. :shifty:

I remember in an old career I was a RP/CP who got drafted by the Brewers. They signed me for 2 years, never played me in the MLB, then I signed with the Blue Jays and after training camp, made the MLB roster. However, every single time I blew a save, they sent me down to AAA and brought up BJ Ryan to close instead. A few weeks of dominating in the minors and they'd bring me back up, presumably sending BJ Ryan down to the farm as well. This went on for TWO YEARS. I decided that even though I liked the Blue Jays that the situation was just rediculous and signed with the Yankees in the offseason. I found out that BJ Ryan had also left and the Blue Jays were stuck with a AA Closer trying to get MLB saves. They well and truly brought that one on themselves.

A lot different, if I understood it I'd explain it.

I use guess the pitch so I've started guessing fastball down everytime. That way I can tell if it's going to be a fastball and if it isn't but it is down I have a better idea of what breaking ball is coming. It's helped a little on that whole patience thing.

I'm doing Road to the Show as a pitcher and all of the sudden my minor league outfielders go from gold glovers to the Bad News Bears. Before, they would be running down fly balls in the gap and making diving catches on shallow hit balls. Over the past two or three games, all of these types of plays are now doubles and triples after they either make no effort on it or dive for the ball and then it goes all the way to the wall.