2012 MLB Games

The Buscher

The sweeping curve is now a 12-6 curve, I have a much better handle of where it's going to end up.

This bit:

"Inside->inside->outside.

Down->down->up.

Inside low->inside high->outside low.

Down->up->down."

is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for, thank you. The other advice was useful too, I'd sort of picked up on some of it, good to have it reaffirmed though.

I know I've whinged about my troubles with hitting before. I started a second RttS as a shortstop (mistake, shortstop is boring <_<), and my average goes anywhere from .180-.230, not great at all. I'm always either stuck in the infield, or flying out, just can't get enough power. Frustratingly, with my 34-year-old pitcher with a World Series title under his belt, I'm batting .450 with 7 RBIs at the end of May 2020, best average on the side.

I've found it quite handy in tracking player movement. Although it is weird seeing the next three up on the broadcast widget and all 9 guys are wearing different hats, none of them for the team they currently play for :P

I became a free agent after winning the World Series with the Reds (I didn't have the best performance though). Got offered contracts with the Rangers ( who I refused since they quit on my at the beginning of my career by trading me to the Astros), Red Sox (was tempted to go as a Yankee fan and bring them down from the inside, but...ew), Reds and the Yankees. I would have gone to NY being a fan and all, but looking at their roster, they were a shell of their former selves and no real players I identified with, especially since Cano is with the Reds. So I re-upped with Cinci, and am currently 8-2 heading into June. Weirdly, though before I was getting a lot of losses or no decisions, lots of runs and a lot of strikeouts, I'm now averaging around 3 strikeouts a game and am getting smacked all over the park, but no more than a run or so a game, often off of 8+ hits, but I have as many wins now than I did all the previous season.

I just want a no hitter or perfect game before I retire :(

The worst experience I ever had with this game was throwing a perfect game actually. I threw a perfect game for 9 an 2/3 innings. I couldnt score 1 fucking run in 9 innings! Anyway my guy finished the 10th with a shutout but I had to pull him. I ended up winning in the 14th but I mean who really cares after that happens?

If your changeup sucks maybe. I use it as the go-home pitch for three of my starters (Pedro Martinez, Johan Santana, and Jeff Francis) because 90% of the time, the guy just stands there looking at it. If they do make contact it's usually late and for a soft ground out.

If your changeup sucks maybe. I use it as the go-home pitch for three of my starters (Pedro Martinez, Johan Santana, and Jeff Francis) because 90% of the time, the guy just stands there looking at it. If they do make contact it's usually late and for a soft ground out.

All my pitches are 99s across the board. But it's freaky how consistently I have 0-2 changes low and away mashed. I go with the curve instead.

Ever since I got the patch no RTTS will work anymore, even after I completely wiped my MLB data and tried starting a new RTTS after the patch was installed and it still won't work. Sadly that was the only mode I really enjoy and with no fix in sight it's probably getting traded in towards Black Ops 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, no one does randomly created rookies quite like 2K. Usually they're just named Bubbles or Catfish or Bubblegum. Today however, I've encountered Doug Wilson, the Arizona Diamondback's rookie right fielder. He's 27 years old, and 7'8

• Like 3

Is there a Mike Singletary in baseball? Because he retired with a dislocated ankle in my RttS a few seasons ago.

Running out of steam with my RttS. It's 2021, I missed 3 months with a broken arm, came back for the playoffs as a reliever. Had some close calls, got to the ALDS against the Yanks and kept getting put in in boring blowouts. I've no drive to play when we're down 10-0 in the 7th. Fed up of Detroit, I tested free agency, but no one interesting came calling, so I have to pick a team to be invited to spring training by (which seems odd, surely they would invite me). Storyline-wise, it'd be nice to go back to the Reds as that's where I won a World Series. I';d like to go back and try and help the Astros again, but they're SO bad, it's just not going to happen anytime soon. And I've stopped training entirely. I've racked up 5000 training points and my stats haven't regressed passed a point or two. I dunno, anyone have any ideas for making it fresh again?

Is there a Mike Singletary in baseball? Because he retired with a dislocated ankle in my RttS a few seasons ago.

Running out of steam with my RttS. It's 2021, I missed 3 months with a broken arm, came back for the playoffs as a reliever. Had some close calls, got to the ALDS against the Yanks and kept getting put in in boring blowouts. I've no drive to play when we're down 10-0 in the 7th. Fed up of Detroit, I tested free agency, but no one interesting came calling, so I have to pick a team to be invited to spring training by (which seems odd, surely they would invite me). Storyline-wise, it'd be nice to go back to the Reds as that's where I won a World Series. I';d like to go back and try and help the Astros again, but they're SO bad, it's just not going to happen anytime soon. And I've stopped training entirely. I've racked up 5000 training points and my stats haven't regressed passed a point or two. I dunno, anyone have any ideas for making it fresh again?

My RttS pitcher is in his second season with the Astros. Got out of AA in half a season. Managed to become a AAA starter fairly quickly. Broke my arm with two weeks left in my first season, so I missed that and all of the playoffs, where we got through the first round and were swept in the second. Management keeps telling me I have the skills to go to the majors, but there are never any open slots. Bastards.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, so I'm officially saying fuck off to The Show series. It's a beautiful game and all but at no point do I actually feel like I'm controlling what happens. If the CPU wants to get a runner on base, it will. They'll foul off 10 pitches with ease and find their way on one way or another. Your pitches will suddenly miss wildly even if you've nailed the pitching meter in the right spot every time. The comeback AI is so blatant. The developers and fanboys deny that it exists and just say "that's baseball" but a lot of what happens in this game defies all logic.

Even in games where I've benefited from it and made a comeback to win, I can't get totally into it because it feels forced. I'm an admittedly an impatient hitter and swing way too often at stuff, so when I'm punished for that I don't mind at all. But I've had inexplicable rallies and hit game-tying home runs in pitches out of the strike zone and the contact meter afterwards will say "really late" and stuff like that so I'm pretty much rewarded despite a terrible approach to the at-bat.

That being said, the second I get my desktop PC repaired I'm gonna try to see if I can re-download MVP 2005. The mods they have for the game are just amazing. I salute The Show for its presentation, but MVP 2005 is still the best baseball game ever, even 7 years later.

I really don't feel any comeback AI. What does happen is, if I get an early lead, I'll start throwing far too many fastballs, and I will too agressive looking for strikeouts. The key is to get ahead of the count, then throw a few pitches off the plate. If they need to catch up, they are usually swinging away. Slider away is good because if they can hit it, it will usually stay in the dirt.