Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

"Northern Justice" is what Ned calls his fists.

You don't want to know what "Southern Justice" is.

17 minutes ago, Fly Eagles Fly said:

That reminds me: In my watcher game, Tyrion is ruling the Westerlands, and Tyrion's son/heir Tion is also a genius dwarf. SUCK ON THAT TYWIN.

That's not exactly rare :shifty: . 

I don't often find myself disturbed at things I find myself thinking but I found myself asking "what's the fastest and easiest way to get rid of an unwanted infant since I can't kill him"?

6 minutes ago, SeanDMan said:

I don't often find myself disturbed at things I find myself thinking but I found myself asking "what's the fastest and easiest way to get rid of an unwanted infant since I can't kill him"?

Relocate your capital to a county near a plague zone, fire your physician, and then send your important courtiers to other counties, while you lead troops the hell away. 

45 minutes ago, SeanDMan said:

I don't know what this has to do with the game.

17 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I don't know what this has to do with the game.

1. Gavelkind inheritance divides your realm so excess kids is problematic.

2. I've never had to get rid of an extra son but when I went to kill him I was told that you can't plot to kill your own child.

3. Mick's suggestion wouldn't work since he was born while I had cancer and slow fever.

4. I couldn't tell if you were joking or if you couldn't tell if I was joking. -_-

I wonder if someone ever, like, heckled a comedian and the comedian fires back and then they ended up falling in love.

I'd say fucking but I am positive that has happened.

Not that, like, I want to fuck you or anything.

...I mean not that I wouldn't fuck you, per se.

...so what are you doing later?

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, HarshMillennium said:

Getting into this game and enjoying it. I've got a basic grasp on the mechanics but FFS! The levy rates are very low compared to other regions, cash isn't exactly coming quick and so many damn factions/usurping vassals. HOW DO YOU DO WELL IN THIS GAME?!?

I follow the real world examples:

Image result for i lie i cheat i steal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HarshMillennium said:

Getting into this game and enjoying it. I've got a basic grasp on the mechanics but FFS! The levy rates are very low compared to other regions, cash isn't exactly coming quick and so many damn factions/usurping vassals. HOW DO YOU DO WELL IN THIS GAME?!?

My golden rules:

1. Periodically provoke your more troublesome vassals into rebelling.
    1a: This means wait for them to commit an imprisionable offense, usually is some sort of plot. This also means never check the auto-end plots box in the Intrigue panel. 
    1b: If you've got Way of Life, take the Intrigue focus and spy on them. Eventually you'll either catch them plotting or get an opportunity to make it look like they were :shifty:
    1c: Alternatively, bury them under either bigger vassals or non-aggression pacts.
  2. Cash flow issues? Improve your holdings. Yes, it seems counterintuitive to spend money in order to make money, but it works. Cities and the castle town upgrade for your castles, build as your economy tech allows. If you've got the Sons of Abraham DLC and are playing as either a Christian/Muslim/Zoroastrian, you can (and really should) take out that 300 gold loan from the Jews. A -10 opinion penalty from your temple vassals and have to pay 350 to end it, but it should help fund the first upgrade or two to get the ball rolling.
  3. Build up your castles to increase your levies. Also, I usually educate my heirs with a focus on the Martial stat. Higher it gets, the more levies you can call from your holdings.
  4. Hey I won the County of Derp in a war? Find an unlanded content male in your court and hand it to him. They get priority in landing in my system.
  • Thanks 1