Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Sporting Director Damien Comolli rounds up the latest news on the playing staff at the Club.

Damien reports that Hossam Ghaly is currently training with his first club Al Ahly NSC.

"We have given Hossam permission to train with his former club Al Ahly in Egypt as he prepares for the national teams Arabic Cup campaign as well as the African Cup of Nations tournament in January," said Damien.

Following a great deal of interest from supporters, Damien went on to report that young forward Radwan Hamed is making steady progress.

"His recovery has been positive. He was at the training ground again this week for further physio treatment and catching up with his team-mates."

Meanwhile, Lee Barnard, currently on loan with Crewe Alexandra, has been back at Spurs Lodge receiving treatment for an ankle injury sustained seven games into the three-month arrangement.

Ben Alnwick has been recalled from his loan spell with Luton Town in order to provide cover during Paul Robinson's recent injury absence.

Phil Ifil remains on loan at Southampton having made eight appearances for the Championship side, while Charlie Daniels has so far clocked up 16 appearances and netted twice since signing on loan with Leyton Orient in August.

Jamie O'Hara is also picking up league experience at Millwall and has currently made 13 appearances for the South London club, scoring once.

"Lee started very well and scored the goals that we all know he is capable of. Crewe were very happy with him, it is just a shame that he suffered an injury.

"Ben was also performing well and I had the opportunity to see him in Luton's 1-1 draw against Doncaster last month. He had a good game but we were forced to call him back due to injuries.

"Charlie is playing well and has been scoring goals, including the winner against Oldham. They are pleased with his performances.

"I saw Phil play against Wolves last week, and he was part of a back-four that kept a clean sheet. He has been playing regularly since he joined Southampton and looked good, despite missing out at the weekend.

"Jamie had a tough start at Millwall, who have changed managers recently. He is settled now and putting in some good performances. Clive Allen went to see him play recently and he was very pleased with what he saw."

Why won't Ghaly just fuck off already....

He has to be the first to go under Ramos in January.

Me too... I would say good luck, but... ;) Predictions? I hope we can get a draw, but with the mini-resurgence of Spurs under Ramos I think we could get beat. Hopefully after this international break some of Bellamy, McCartney, Mullins, Parker, Zamora or Ashton will be ready, there's only so much Carlton Cole can do...

• 2 weeks later...

Unlucky to lose, really. But that defense has to be shored up. I can see why Ramos went for the 4-3-3 - he's obviously decided to just shove them all up there.

I don't honestly understand how such technically skilled players can not at least attempt a tackle. I mean, Birmingham were poor at the back, but you can kind of expect that. It's hard to believe, really.

• 2 weeks later...

An excellent victory, and we keep the fantastic lack of 0-0 record alive for another week, though if we end our 0-0 run against the gooners I won't mind too much :P

Ten games now since Juande took over which leaves us with the following stats:

Won 6, Drawn 3, Lost 1.

Goals for: 19, Goals against: 9. (LESS THAN A GOAL A GAME AGAINST)

Clean sheets: 4.

True, you can chuck in a number of games we SHOULD have won but still that's more than we could have hoped for in some respects.

We're entering a trickier run again but hopefully we can keep some momentum and close the gap from 12th to 11th over the next few games.

Man City away in the Carling Cup. - cup games are harder to call but we DID beat them recently....

Arsenal away in the league. - draw if we're lucky but probably lose grawr.

Fulham home in the league. - win

Reading home in the league. - win

Villa away in the league. - draw

Reading home in the FA Cup. - win

Chelsea away in the league. - lose

Sunderland home in the league. - win

So my prediction leading up to the tricky away game at Everton on 30th January is: 3 wins, a draw and 2 losses in the league which will keep us 12th but closer to 11th....Through to the FA Cup 4th round and maybe through to the Carling Cup semis if we keep rolling on this week.

Oh, and just looked at fixtures, and while we've got a depressing February (Man U AND Chelsea), our March/April is a set of fixtures which could see us hammer up the league:

Birmingham away, West Ham home, Man City away, Pompey home, Newcastle home, Blackburn away, Middlesbrough home, Wigan away, Bolton home....Nothing too frightening there, especially as I believe Man City won't be able to keep up the pace all season (same as Everton's youngsters)

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMySanta

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Fab performance versus Fulham :)

Anyway, the private hire car I used tonight - the driver took Comolli on a long drive.

He said that Berbatov is 'an unhappy fucker' and have received a couple of bids. And that Juande has already found the CB he wants to sign.

Sure it's a driver passing on information, but he was driving a nice Mercedes and was clearly of high intellect.