Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

That was one of the biggest mistakes i've ever seen from a linesman. In Portugal something similar happened a few months ago, but the ball nearly crossed the line (it isn't even possible to figure out if it really crossed after checking replays and pictures), and even though, everyone wanted to crucify the linesman. If that happened here there would be about 10 people arrested for corruption :P , but well...

as for what summers said, "The ref was far away. And the linesman was hardly in the best position. ",

that may be an excuse to the ref but not to the linesman. He is supposed to be allways well placed and expect this kind of moves when the goalie is outside of the area. then again, if you were just saying that was the reason why he didn't see it, that was probably it.

as for people saying man utd played awful, from an unbiased point of view since i'm not even english, i would have to say that's ridiculous. The only team who really tried to win was Man Utd. Tottenham were not playing to win, but not to lose (as you can see from the celebrations in the end despite the goal being dissalowed). tottenham have a great goalie IMO. That was my opinion before the match, and that is my opinion afterwards (great saves to a heinze free kick and a shot by alan smith come to mind).

To finish i would like to thank the English FA (or whoever arranges the league schedule) for being the only league not to stop on the holiday season :thumbsup:

Spurs played a typical continental away game. Keep it tight and try and pick up the points on the break. That said they played poorly. Rohan Rickets let the team down on the right wing. In the end a draw is probably a fair result even if in the end Spurs had the game won.

Keep going lads and don't forget to "park the bus" against Chelsea.

What's all the fuss about Everton eh?!

I don't get it...

1-0

5-2

:lol:

Come on other teams, Everton ain't that good...

I did my head when seeing the disallowed goal...Ludicrous..

Decent enough cup draw, away at West Brom is okay...

Typical Arsenal get an easy tie...

I am tipping Tottenham for a good cup this year, they are a quality outfit, i rated Santini pretty good and was shocked when he made his departure but i have always had faith in Jol what a guy

• 2 weeks later...

Not in a nasty way, but I really think Tottenham fans get delusions of how good they are. Fair enough, you should have beaten Palace, but generally, you are going to have dips in form, as you (irrelevant of the quality of your players) just seem to play really mediocre from time to time.

Not in a nasty way, but I really think Tottenham fans get delusions of how good they are. Fair enough, you should have beaten Palace, but generally, you are going to have dips in form, as you (irrelevant of the quality of your players) just seem to play really mediocre from time to time.

Its more a feeling that we should do well because we, in comparison to other clubs, spend a fair bit of money. But it is strange how, no matter what team or manager, Tottenham seem to continually do well for a bit then let it slip. As a club, we seem unwilling to take the next step to the top 6.

Yeah, I guess so. But Tottenham fans expect too much from a once big team, who just aren't cutting it this last decade.

The club is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with Roma and Mido for the highly-rated striker to join us on an 18-month loan, subject to the completion of formalities over the next couple of days.

The club is also delighted to announce that it has likewise agreed terms with Mounir El Hamdaoui and Excelsior Rotterdam for the striker to join us on a three-and-a-half year contract, also subject to the completion of formalities. El Hamdaoui formerly represented Holland at Under-21 level and recently pledged his international future to Morocco.

Please see the website tomorrow for more information on these players and comment from Sporting Director Frank Arnesen and Head Coach Martin Jol.

Reading in the paper, take it for what it's worth, that Tottenham are closing in on Michael Dawson (3-4million), Andy Reid (3million), Tom Huddlestone (1million) and Wayne Routledge (2.2million).

Fuck me that's a lot of money. Aparently, Huddlestone will stay at Derby untill the end of the season. I'm excited about Dawson and Routledge, Reid not so much and I haven't seen much of Huddlestone.