Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Admin

Five of our players have been named in the England squad for the international friendly against Argentina in Geneva on Saturday.

Paul Robinson, Ledley King, Jermaine Jenas and Jermain Defoe retain their places in Sven Goran Eriksson's group, while there is also a recall for Michael Carrick who was forced out of the World Cup double header last month through injury.

The call-ups mean eight of our players will be on England duty next week, with Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone and Aaron Lennon part of the Under 21 squad for the crucial European Championship play-off against France - the first leg at White Hart Lane on Friday, kick-off 7.30pm.

Jenas, Robbo, and King were obvious choices, IMO. I have not rated Defor that much this year though, and well done Carrick.

I think Defoe is a certain choice for atleast the bench nowadays for England , slightly suprised with Jenas getting in , he hasnt done much this year and with SWP and Becks ( who has been fantastic this year for Real) on the right , i think hes a waste of time going to sit on the bench .

Nice too see the U 21 guys there too , im going to that game Friday night and if you watch the game and hear alot of booing coming from the Paxton when Clichey gets the ball i can garun-damn-tee its me :D

Such an unlucky result. Deserved at least a point. Twice hit the woodwork and Defoe twice wrongly ruled offside. It was a good effort. Still unconvinced about Davids on the left though.

I didn't see the match, but according to bbc.co.uk/sport, Bolton deserved the victory.

Well the Bolton goal stemmed from a hand ball and Defoe had a perfectly good goal disallowed so the draw wasn't the "fair" result but would have been the right one. I'm just pissed off it takes a goal against s before we play like that. Eventuallly you'll face someone negative enough to prevent the comeback, oh wait, we did....