Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

What a fucking awful performance it was . I remember a time where you could get into a game for £13 and see a fantastic game of football (Around 03/04) We wouldnt always get the 3 points but thats football . Martin Jol and the rest of the lads want success but in my eyes success has cost us in terms of entertaining football . In some points of last nights game it was like watching Liverpool under Houllier .

Yet i suppose im alone in wanting to see entertainment over success

Great news for Spurs today........

Tottenham duo Aaron Lennon and Michael Dawson have extended their contracts until 2010 and 2011 respectively.

Sporting director Damien Comolli told the Spurs website: "It's terrific. These are two young English players who have shown their ability early on.

"Both have the potential to go on to be full internationals and we're delighted they have underlined their commitment."

Lennon, 18, signed from Leeds in July 2005 while Dawson, 22, arrived from Nottingham Forest five months earlier.

Defender Dawson has started 26 times in the Premiership this term.

"I'm thrilled because this is a great club to be at," he said after agreeing to extend his contract.

"There is a fantastic team spirit and a real sense that the club is going places."

Lennon added: "I'm thoroughly enjoying my football at Spurs and it's a great squad that I really feel part of."

Wasn't there speculation this season that Man utd were interested in Lennon and were going to sign him?

Anyway this is good news. Both have been doing great and have really impressed me this season. Dawson should probably be in the England squad for the World Cup.

What a fucking awful performance it was . I remember a time where you could get into a game for £13 and see a fantastic game of football (Around 03/04) We wouldnt always get the 3 points but thats football . Martin Jol and the rest of the lads want success but in my eyes success has cost us in terms of entertaining football . In some points of last nights game it was like watching Liverpool under Houllier .

Yet i suppose im alone in wanting to see entertainment over success

Given Jonathon Woodgate is made of plastic and Sol Campbell's "fitness" problems, I'd say Dawson has a superb chance of going - if Sven would actually take a risk. He's miles better than Anton Ferdinand, probably behind Rio, Terry, King and Carragher in the list.

It depends on how many CBs Sven wants or whether Carragher goes as a RB. Personally, I'd rather not take Dawson and take a 5th striker instead - but he more than merits a place.

I'm not doubting him as a player, I just don't realistically see him going.

He's unproven at international level and to throw him into the world cup finals would be retarded even by Sven's standards. Sven will bring five strikers, permitting he doesn't have an unlikely change of heart over Wes Brown or any of the others you've mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...