The Hunger Games

Ruki

So, I just got back from the early screening of this movie and....holy shit.

I loved it from beginning to end, it may feel a little rushed in the beginning, but they don't leave out any important things.

Prim crying at the beginning was sad

:( And oh my god, Rue's death? That was harsh. But done so well.

Also, the characters of Clove, Cato and Foxface were great! I liked them a lot more now than I did in the book. I was still sad to see Foxface go (still glad we don't know her name/haven't heard her talk. Adds to the mystery), and Clove was such an awesome bitch character.

And the costume design for the Capitol? Amazing!

The only problem I had with the movie were the action scenes, they were too shaky an out of focus. Is it because the actors are portraying children, and didn't want to have kids murder one another on film?

I have a question I've been meaning to ask someone that likes this. What is it about?I never heard of it till the movie buzz started and the commercial I saw doesn't explain it well.

• Like 1

I have a question I've been meaning to ask someone that likes this. What is it about?I never heard of it till the movie buzz started and the commercial I saw doesn't explain it well.

74ish years ago there was a rebellion between the 13 districts and the capitol. The capitol won, and district 13 was destroyed.

As punishment, each year the districts must send one boy and one girl to fight in The Hunger Games. 24 in, 1 out. The winning district will receive food and such for a year.

There you go, super short summary!

• Like 1

Sounds interesting. I'll get the E-Book for my Nook to check it out. Don't like seeing a movie based on a book if I haven't read the book.

It isn't censored, but it's toned down for a 12A rating. And yeah, Ruki, the scenes are shaky and close ups 'cause of the rating.. that's why they removed some blood, too.

The film was really good though. I liked it a lot. I wanna see it again already. They made a few changes, most of them I would have made too, but even the ones I didn't like so much I understood.

Very good adaptation, very good film.

It isn't censored, but it's toned down for a 12A rating. And yeah, Ruki, the scenes are shaky and close ups 'cause of the rating.. that's why they removed some blood, too.

The film was really good though. I liked it a lot. I wanna see it again already. They made a few changes, most of them I would have made too, but even the ones I didn't like so much I understood.

Understandable...still lame. Maybe they'll have an uncensored DVD version :shifty:

Also? Unless I am mistaken....

Wasn't Clove's death in the book a lot more gruesome? Like...didn't Thresh bash her brains in with a rock?

And book spoiler...I think it was the first book, but I could be mistaken.

Wasn't Peeta supposed to lose his leg to the Mutts? Or was that later on? I don't blame them for dropping that, if it was supposed to be in this one.

Understandable...still lame. Maybe they'll have an uncensored DVD version :shifty:

Also? Unless I am mistaken....

Wasn't Clove's death in the book a lot more gruesome? Like...didn't Thresh bash her brains in with a rock?

And book spoiler...I think it was the first book, but I could be mistaken.

Wasn't Peeta supposed to lose his leg to the Mutts? Or was that later on? I don't blame them for dropping that, if it was supposed to be in this one.

Clove and Cato's death were meant to be more gruesome, yeah..

and yeah, Peeta's leg gets fucked in the book and because of that it has to be removed and replaced.

Agreed.. and so was Cinna. I was worried about both to certain degrees, but they were fantastic. So was Seneca Crane!

Cinna and Crane were wonderful! And Caesar!

And Foxface. Never forget about Foxface.

Edit: Holy shit...the girl who played Foxface? Born in 1994. Clove? 1997!

Agreed.. and so was Cinna. I was worried about both to certain degrees, but they were fantastic. So was Seneca Crane!

Cinna and Crane were wonderful! And Caesar!

And Foxface. Never forget about Foxface.

Edit: Holy shit...the girl who played Foxface? Born in 1994. Clove? 1997!

Pervert

Probably gonna end up seeing this with my girlfriend at some point as she is obsessed with the books. I haven't read any of them and don't know anything about it beyond Donald Sutherland being in it. What should I expect?

Probably gonna end up seeing this with my girlfriend at some point as she is obsessed with the books. I haven't read any of them and don't know anything about it beyond Donald Sutherland being in it. What should I expect?

A tale of young love blossoming in the kitchen. It's heart-warming.

• Like 2