2012 NCAA College Football Thread

The problem with Oregon is that you kind of have to compare them to Bama. Oregon has more wins and games against ranked teams, but Bama has better wins.

If they came into this week ranked Bama-Oregon, then Auburn-Georgia is *probably* a little better of a win than Oregon State-UCLA. The computers might like them a little better, but I don't think the Coaches rank Oregon over Bama.

EDIT: Except Stanford is destroying UCLA so they never get to play another game after O-State

Not getting the chance to play in the Pac-12 title game ruins Oregon's chances. Notre Dame is dominating USC so far but the score is close, if the USC offense can find some rhythm against the Irish defense we're going to be looking at the game staying close all the way until the end.

Not getting the chance to play in the Pac-12 title game ruins Oregon's chances. Notre Dame is dominating USC so far but the score is close, if the USC offense can find some rhythm against the Irish defense we're going to be looking at the game staying close all the way until the end.

Yet, not playing in the SEC title game does dick all to ruin Florida's chances <_<

I'm actually not that burned if UGA gets into the NT game. However, I'd much rather USC pull this off and clusterfuck everyone ...

Well there we go. Defensive slugfest is booked for the national title game. Both teams will probably cross midfield this year though. But I'll be surprised if Bama or Georgia doesn't win. Notre Dame has a good chance if they can force turnovers, but they haven't faced a defense like the SEC teams bring to the table yet.

MAC Championship game could be for an automatic BCS berth and Oklahoma might get the last at large bid.

Don't see how the MAC title game is for an automatic BCS game. There won't be any slots left, see Oklahoma Stanford and/or Oregon.

... also, ND is in the national title game ... I just threw up in my mouth :puke:

MAC Championship game could be for an automatic BCS berth and Oklahoma might get the last at large bid.

Don't see how the MAC title game is for an automatic BCS game. There won't be any slots left, see Oklahoma Stanford and/or Oregon.

... also, ND is in the national title game ... I just threw up in my mouth :puke:

I've got.

Natl Championship - Notre Dame vs. Alabama

Fiesta - Oregon vs. Kansas State

Sugar - Florida vs. Oklahoma

Orange - Florida State vs. Rutgers

Rose - Nebraska vs. Stanford

The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,

B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls

The only teams ranked between 15th and 26th that didn't lose this week were Boise State, Kent State and Northern Illinois. The winner of Kent State/NIU has a decent shot of being in the top 16 and finishing higher than whoever the Big East ends up with.

I've got.

Rose - Nebraska vs. StanfordUCLA

*cough cough*

Bad night for a young Bruins team, but I wouldn't count out their chances next week. Stanford is a better team, but UCLA has a young team that can put up points in bunches, and Stanford does have a freshman QB. It wouldn't be the biggest upset this year. Even if it doesn't, a nice win in the Alamo (fuck the predictions, UCLA should be in the Holiday Bowl if they don't win next week) would mean a ten win season.

If UCLA does win next week, and goes to the Rose Bowl, which PAC 12 team gets the at-large bid? Stanford, or Oregon? Probably Oregon.

Yeah a 1-loss Oregon over a 3-loss Stanford team would have to get the at-large bid. My picks for conference winners went by who is currently ranked higher, not necessarily who I think will win the game. UCLA has a good chance against Stanford, we'll see. And you've got to give them a good chance in the Rose Bowl since they already beat the Huskers at the Rose Bowl this year.

as someone who was raised to be a PSU fan, I have to give Coach O'Brien alot of credit. When the accusations and sanctions came down, I don't think anyone wouldn't blamed him if he said "Ya know what..screw this, I'm out" But he stuck around...he decided to fight. He himself has shown alot of strength and determination during the season, and the team seemed to feed off that. I know he'll have a lot of success at PSU

I've got.

Rose - Nebraska vs. StanfordUCLA

*cough cough*

Bad night for a young Bruins team, but I wouldn't count out their chances next week. Stanford is a better team, but UCLA has a young team that can put up points in bunches, and Stanford does have a freshman QB. It wouldn't be the biggest upset this year. Even if it doesn't, a nice win in the Alamo (fuck the predictions, UCLA should be in the Holiday Bowl if they don't win next week) would mean a ten win season.

If UCLA does win next week, and goes to the Rose Bowl, which PAC 12 team gets the at-large bid? Stanford, or Oregon? Probably Oregon.

Um ... HANDLED .... at home. Not going back to Stanford and faring any better. That Freshman QB has shown to be just fine against better opposition (see win against Oregon).

I'd like to see them in the Alamo bowl honestly. A game against OKState would be fun. Plus, I could see it :)

A&M is currently projected for the Capital One Bowl .... but they should absolutely go to the Cotton and face Texas. Holy God that would be one fuck of a game. The Capital One Bowl as the first SEC Choice outside of the BCS. With the game being in Florida, I don't see how they wouldn't choose the "loser" of the SEC 10-1 trio in terms of who the BCS doesn't take. Of course, they know A&M is a money team, travels as well as anyone, and the whole Johnny football angle too .... but fuck, if UGA is the ultimate loser here how could they pass them up ? Or even LSU ? *sigh*

I'm still not seeing the MAC Champion having a shot at all for an at large. Kent is the higher of the two in the BCS, and they're 23rd. They're not jumping 7 slots with a win over NI. NI ain't jumping more than 7 with a win over Kent St. Quite a bit of shit has to go down for either Louisville (20th) or Rutgers (18th) to not get the Big East bid.

Um Blaze, ND isn't an at large selection ... they're in the National Title game. :/

NT = ND

Conference Champions (going just by rank/favored) = FSU/KState/Stanford/Rutgers/Bama/Nebraska

AT LARGE HOPEFULS with a real shot = Oregon/Clemson/Oklahoma/UF/UGA/LSU/Boise St