EWB's Top 50 Video Games

ROC

Before I begin the list, here's a few of the high profile games that didn't make the list:

Splinter Cell

WCW vs. nWo: World Tour

Street Fighter 2

Streets of Rage

Doom 3

The Getaway

NCAA Football Series

etc.

Also, many of them on the bottom were tied and I had to make some tough cuts like a few of the ones below. Anyways, muse over a few of the ones not included while I prepare to post #50.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zelda_Cart.jpg

50. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)

In 1991, Nintendo released its first 16-bit Legend of Zelda game to massive acclaim from both game critics and by LOZ fans. The game's breathtaking graphics and immensive gameplay have kept fans playing for the past 13 years and will keep them playing for many more years.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B00002STPG.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

49. Suikoden (PS1)

During the Playstation era, two series' were supreme. The first was Final Fantasy. The second was Suikoden. Suikoden has been raved as being close to Final Fantasy in gameplay value, and while Suikoden's story isn't as strong as the FF series, it holds its own in RPG fans' eyes.

List so far:

49. Suikoden (PS1)

pc_cm0304.jpg

48. Championship Manager: Season 03-04 (PC)

While soccer (or football for the Europeans) has never capitalized here, one managing game has become a cult smash throughout the entire world. Championship Manager has become such a smash due to the bevy of options and many other features that soccer/football fans need. It has also proven the influence of the cult wretsling sims Promotion Wars and this board's signature game, Extreme Warfare Revenge.

List so far:

49. Suikoden (PS1)

B00002SVFV.01.PT01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

47. Super Metroid (SNES)

After the debacle of its Game Boy sequel, Metroid II, Nintendo and game-maker Intelligent Systems went to work to make Samus's foray into the 16-bit world more pleasant. What they came up with in 1994 was Super Metroid, a game that became as classic (or even more classic) than its NES original.

List so far:

47. Super Metroid (SNES)

49. Suikoden (PS1)

sensible_world_of_soc_disk.jpg

46. Sensible World of Soccer (AMIGA)

A bit surprising, yes, but this has gained another massive cult following among football/soccer/Amiga fans. With its addictive gameplay, the game has left a heartfelt place among its fans.

B0001UEHP8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

45. Fable (XBOX)

Despite the fact that it's not released yet, teh Kou hath convced me that this is still worth putting on the list. The game arrives Spetember 14th, and if youwant anybody to blame for this being on the list, blame Kou.....or me. :(

Spiderman%20-%20Venom%20-%20Maximum%20Carnage%20(BS).jpg

44. Spiderman vs. Venom: Maximum Carnage (GEN)

Another choice that you can blame on a user if you don't like it but in any case, this is a fun Genesis game (while it probably will be disputed as the best Spiderman game).

EDIT: I guarantee you that the next result will be far less disputed as to why it is on here.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

EarthBound.jpg

43. Earthbound (SNES)

Some big fans might be disputed about this place for Earthbound but many will be happy about this game's inclusion. This classic RPG has been noted as one of Nintendo's best on the SNES and has been a fan favorite for over 10 years. Now, Nintendo, where's that sequel?

Pirates.jpg

42. Pirates! (PC/C64)

If thereis anything to remember about this game, it's that it introduced a man who has become for the PC gaming world what Shigeru Miyamoto became for Nintendo. Let me say this, this isn't Sid's last appearance on this chart. Another of his classics is later on in the chart.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

After this one, I'll be finished posting games until tomorrow whenI havea feeling we'll get to #40-31.

image01.jpg

41. Snatcher (Sega CD)

A great yet underrated Konami work pre-Metal Gear Solid (but post-Metal Gear at the same time) made by MGS designer Hideo Kojima. One of the solid Konami games that still holds a good fan base today, and of course, this isn't the last Kojima game among the list.