• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ff6_jap.jpg

25. Final Fantasy III/VI (SNES/PS1)

In 1994, Squaresoft released its second Final Fantasy game on the SNES. Like many of the FF games, it immediately gained a place in many gamers' hearts. With the same unique gameplay and story as in the other FF games at the time, the game immediately became a top pick for many game critics. The game series has continued on since then, but Square revisited FFIII/VI for its Final Fantasy Anthology game that came out on PS1 in 1999.

Sonic%20The%20Hedgehog%202%20(BS).jpg

24. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (GEN)

As possibly, hands down, the best Sonic game, STH2 has been a game of experiences. It was my first video game, my first discovery of a cheat code, and my first game that I beat. This game's classicness has remained after a dozen years and its gameplay truly will bring you back to 1992.

B00004VXAZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

23. Civilization II (PC)

As a near perfect depiction of the histroical events in world history, or even as a great emperical building game, Civilization II has all that the history buff and evil dictator ( :D ) will ever need in terms of gameplay. With extra scenario mods, the game featured even more life, and to this day (8 years after its release) CivFanatics.com has made scenarios even after the recent release of Civilization III. With the extra features, Civ II, like the original, has continued to live in many computer CD drives.

EDIT: Forgot #24.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B00002STGL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

22. Perfect Dark (N64)

In 2000, Rare had very tough shoes to fill when they released the spin-off to Goldeneye. They did, in the forms of Perfect Dark. PD kept the same gaming dynamic that made Goldeneye great, like its awesome multiplayer mode, while adding new things like improved graphics and more weapons. Rare even took the time to nod to Goldeneye by allowing players to be able to unlock the old guns from GE. After 4 years, PD fans are still waiting anxiously about any news involved with a sequel (or as the buzz seems to be, a prequel).

B00000DMB3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

21. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

Considered by many to be the best Zelda game, and by even more to be the best N64 game, Ocarina of Time has certainly gained acceptance by Zelda fans. The more amazing thing, though, is how much casual fans who didn't know anything about the series got into the game. That casual appeal helped it become one of the biggest games in the 5 year history of the Nintendo 64 and many fans have continued playing it to this day. OoT was re-released on the Gamecube as part of a Zelda classic set in 2003.

mkcoverPCBOX.jpg

20. Mortal Kombat (Arcade/GEN/SNES)

As yet another controversial firestorm, Mortal Kombat became another overnight sensation when it was released in consoles in 1992. The game also proved a solid fighting game and a great multiplayer game to play in the arcades. Its release spawned many games and 2 (albeit sucky) movies. With a new game AND a new movie on the way in 2005, MK has continued to roll on.

Sonic%20The%20Hedgehog%202%20(BS).jpg

24. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (GEN)

As possibly, hands down, the best Sonic game, STH2 has been a game of experiences. It was my first video game, my first discovery of a cheat code, and my first game that I beat. This game's classicness has remained after a dozen years and its gameplay truly will bring you back to 1992.

FF7 was overrated. As a special source (PSM cough) reminds me:

Cloud is a little nancy boy with spiky hair who's dialouge is 47 percent "..." and 53 percent whining. Does everyone forget he lies about his past and embelishes his life story by taking credit for things his dead friend did? It's the big sword, right?

Sephiroth didn't really do anything amazing, as he a) walks through fire, B) kills Aeris and c) sits in a crater for the rest of the game. There's really better villians out there. I think it's his realyl big sword also.

----------

I'll also disagree with Perfect Dark, I mean it was a fun game when I played it, but damn. Over the games that went before it? That boy ain't right.