EWB's Top 50 Video Games

ROC

Well put, ROC.

SMB3: I told you people! Without a doubt, the best Mario game ever.

Halo: The single player sucks more than Britney at a male dancer convention, but agreeing with several people prior, the multiplayer is one of the best on the XBOX console, aside from Project Gotham.

Goldeneye: A good game. but not #1 material. Not by a long shot ...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goldeneye is more overated than what Halo is and that's saying a lot.

You sir, know nothing of video gaming. It was Goldeneye that made it possible for FPS to be marketable on console systems, looking back on it now, it sucks. But looking back on Halo now. It also stinks the big one, the feel wore off fast. Halo has one too many fan boys.

I don't agree Goldeneye should be there, but meh. Better than Gaylo (ok that was bad) Halo being there.

It's one example of how FFVII>Goldeneye, even to this day.

Listen to lord Bluesman, For he speaks the truth.

Hell, E.T for Atari > Goldeneye

Okay, Kou, now we're getting carried away...

E.T. for Atari <<<< *

When the game's designer freely admits, "Yes, it was the worst game of all time," then it's safe to say it may have been the worst game of all time.

For me, FPS=Flaming Piece of Shit in most cases, BUT...I enjoyed the hell out of Goldeneye as well as the Medal of Honor series. Can I make a case for either being the greatest game ever? Not hardly, but still, they had some kind of context and point to them, unlike HalfUnrealDoomLifeQuake.

And yes, FF7 is ridiculously overrated, due to its use of the Janet Leigh Maneuver (killing off the female lead extremely early on--see Psycho). I have yet to play an FF that compared to FF4, or FF2 as it was known over here. Using a frying pan as a weapon and flying a ship with a Fat Chocobo in the back=class. :thumbsup: Never did figure out how they got the Chocobo in there, though.

Chrono Trigger should have been number one and it wasn't even on the goddamn list! Total blasphemy! It was the last great game Square ever made. And where the hell was Shadowrun?

Edited by Zero

I cry deeply at the US/Nintento swerve on the whole proceedings.

Pro Evo is widely regarded as the best sports sim ever.

MGS and MGS2 are the most lovingly created games.

Sensi World OWNSSSSSSSSS

In fact the only games I care for are:

Mortal Kombat

Resident Evil

Championship Manager

Sensi World Of Soccer

Pro Evo 3

Metal Gear Solid

GTA 3

MGS2

FFVII

Vice City

As always I agree totally with Kou on this matter of Halo and Goldeneye

I agree that maybe Goldeneye shouldn't have been #1 (although I probably would've put it in the Top 5). However, the fact that Fable (a game that NOBODY HAS PLAYED YET) beat A Link to the Past and Super Metroid is beyond a travesty. Beyond.