The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

That's the only position I could see being replaced, although they have to have a certain amount of English players registered in their team of 25 don't they? I assume that's why Johnson still hasn't been loaned out >_>.

Yeah, centre half. Right back if they want to improve there. A central midfielder that isn't really attack-minded. I imagine that they'll be looking for another striker too, don't think Dzeko will play too much, Tevez could be on his way out and Balotelli's likely to spend half the season watching from the stands if he sticks around.

Saying that, with the exception of centre back, the only players they are going to bring in are going to be amongst the best in the world because otherwise they're not really improving.

Well all the buzz yesterday was that Dzeko was off to Bayern Munich. Which would then mean whats happening to Gomez as they play a one up front formation and I can't see either Dzeko or Gomez enticed by the idea of warming the bench like Pizarro will be.

It'd be a shame if Dzeko went because he's a great player, that said I'm more likely to see him play more in the Bundesliga than the Premier League so it'd be a good move for him in terms of playing time you'd assume.

Edited by IAceI

Yeah, centre half. Right back if they want to improve there. A central midfielder that isn't really attack-minded. I imagine that they'll be looking for another striker too, don't think Dzeko will play too much, Tevez could be on his way out and Balotelli's likely to spend half the season watching from the stands if he sticks around.

Saying that, with the exception of centre back, the only players they are going to bring in are going to be amongst the best in the world because otherwise they're not really improving.

I was thinking they might want to replace Barry, guy is 31 (i think?) now and isn't the best option back there for a club like City, although I rate him more than a lot seem to. Yan M'Vila is the best option that comes to mind, can't imagine Arsenal would be able to compete with City if both clubs went for him. He's young, very strong and very good defensively. Ease him into the squad as Barry gets phased out and he could be an amazing addition.

Yeah I heard the Bayern rumours about Dzeko (which confused me because Gomez is much more prolific). I like Dzeko and when he's good, he's very good, but he is far too inconsistent and despite the great early season he just didn't really do a whole lot until the last game of the season >_>. I'd like for Tevez to go too, if only to save Mancini the headache of having to manage him (although if he's fine with it, I'd happily see Tevez play for City since he's an outstanding player and he and Aguero have great chemistry together). Not sure who could come in though. Llorente came to mind but I remember reading that he is very happy at Bilbao?

Clearly City need a strong and vocal centre back who will compete with Joleon Lescott (30 in August) to play alongside Kompany. I think they need another leader in the team because if Kompany gets injured again they could be in trouble. And they definitely need back-up for Yaya Toure. He's an absolute force and they struggle when he's not playing. He's no spring chicken either so maybe a young-ish guy who can charge with the ball 40 yards and scare the shit out of defences. Probably another creative midfielder to take the pressure off of Silva as well, he was so burnt out by Feburary/March time.

Chelsea (probably inaccurately) linked with Moussa Dembele for about £10m.

Perhaps it is the club's ambition to collect every Belgian footballer together in one place. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

Chelsea (probably inaccurately) linked with Moussa Dembele for about £10m.

Perhaps it is the club's ambition to collect every Belgian footballer together in one place. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

Good luck getting Kompany <_<

• Admin
Jussi Jaaskelainen is set to end his 15-year stay at Bolton Wanderers.

BBC Radio Manchester has learned the veteran goalkeeper is set to reject an offer to remain with the Trotters, for whom he has played 529 games.

Adam Bogdan was preferred to Jaaskelainen for the second half of last season, the Finn's last appearance coming against Wolves on 31 December.

West Ham, managed by former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce, have been strongly linked with a move for the 37-year-old.

Finland international Jaaskelainen moved to England from VPS Vaasa in 1997 and, following Bolton's promotion to the top flight in 2001, became one of the most highly-rated goalkeepers in the Premier League.

Bolton allowed 15 players to leave following their relegation from the Premier League earlier this month.

He should be good enough for a Prem team to pick up, if not, the Championship for sure. Would hate for him to just shuffle off to the MLS...