The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

• Admin
Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has officially confirmed his interest in Lille and Belgium playmaker Eden Hazard.

The 21-year-old has been linked to host of English clubs, including Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham.

And Ferguson told French radio station RMC Sport: "I came to watch Lille play Lyon and followed Hazard of course, along with other players.

"He is a very good player who has many qualities. He is particularly fast over the first 10 yards."

Hazard became Ligue 1's youngest ever professional at the age of 16 and three months, and has scored 32 goals in 142 league games for Lille, including 16 in 33 matches this season.

He made his international debut at the age of 17 and has scored once in 26 caps.

So, the jostling for position has begun. Who do you want to your club to sign? Will it be a mass youth drive for stok's Chelsea, or an 'anybody willing to come permanently' for Matt's Leeds? And who do you believe have their card marked and should be moved on this summer? For example, 97% of Leeds' squad for Matt!

For me, this is a huge summer. With CL football looking unliklier every game we play and our manager seemingly destined to take over the England post, it is imperative that we get the right man early and back him in the transfer window. Friedel is a good old hand but on the wrong side of 40. Gomes doesn't seem to have a future with us and Cudicini is about 67 and has two floppy wrists. As with every window, we could probably do with an extra centre half with King, Gallas and Nelsen being injury-prone. Modric and/or Bale could leave so they need to be adequately replaced. And up front, if Adebayor is not an option, we NEED a proven goalscorer who is good for 20 goals a season. Could Leandro Daimao finally join? And generally, we need a few more squad players. For ages we needed to cut the dead wood but we did it far too drastically in January and are paying for it now. Having said that, Bentley, Giovani et al who aren't happy will probably go anyway. I think Bentley's contract may even be up.

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has officially confirmed his interest in Lille and Belgium playmaker Eden Hazard.

The 21-year-old has been linked to host of English clubs, including Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham.

And Ferguson told French radio station RMC Sport: "I came to watch Lille play Lyon and followed Hazard of course, along with other players.

"He is a very good player who has many qualities. He is particularly fast over the first 10 yards."

Hazard became Ligue 1's youngest ever professional at the age of 16 and three months, and has scored 32 goals in 142 league games for Lille, including 16 in 33 matches this season.

He made his international debut at the age of 17 and has scored once in 26 caps.

So, the jostling for position has begun. Who do you want to your club to sign? Will it be a mass youth drive for stok's Chelsea, or an 'anybody willing to come permanently' for Matt's Leeds? And who do you believe have their card marked and should be moved on this summer? For example, 97% of Leeds' squad for Matt!

You forget the "And just how much will Liverpool get mugged off in terms of overpaying for players from other Prem teams"

Eden Hazard to Spurs IF we get CL. That would be lovely.

Modric will go if we don't. Kyle Walker could get snapped up, in which case we shouldn't rush to get rid of Corluka....Or Kranjcar who could find himself getting more game time. Parker/Sandro will stay. Lennon will stay. BAE will stay. VdV would probably stay (I can see him returning to Ajax before too many years though).

Goalkeeper, centre back (in theory we SHOULDN'T need one but Dawson is busted, Gallas and King, while good backups, are too old to play game in game out....and I fear having Kaboul as the man leading the defensive line. Also, goalscorer.

Joe Cole wants to stay in Lillie. Hazard plays for Lillie. I wonder if they'd swap? :shifty:

One thing Liverpool need is another out and out striking option, since Bellamy is crocked and Kuyt is more of a wide man now. We need someone who'll give us something different up front, like goals. <_<

We need another centre back, preferably two, Mike Williamson is a liability.

And since we're going to be in Europe, another right back, another left back and a defensive midfielder to back up Tiote.

Paul Connolly, Patrick Kisnorbo, Alex Bruce, Andy O'Brien, THE Robbie Rogers, Michael Brown, Billy Paynter, Danny Pugh, Mikael Forssell, Ramon Nunez, Danny Webber, Leigh Bromby, Zac Thompson, Lloyd Sam, Paul Rachubka, Maik Taylor... Probably Davide Somma too.

That'd leave us with a squad of Lonergan, Clayton, Lees, Becchio, Snodgrass, McCormack, White and a couple of youngsters. The problem is, it's those 7 players that I most expect to leave and we'll probably replace them with more players like those above.

We need another centre back (1), preferably two, Mike Williamson is a liability.

And since we're going to be in Europe, another right back (2), another left back (3) and a defensive midfielder to back up Tiote (4).

1. James Perch

2. James Perch

3. James Perch

4. James Perch

All we need is a Perchy cloning machine and the leagues won.

• Like 1

I want Hazard and Martinez. Leighton Baines is a rumour I've heard too, think he'd fit in at United especially because Evra's performances have declined. Jordi Alba is someone I'd like to see for left-back too. I'd like to see another young defender come in as well with Rio and Vidic ageing, I really like Grant Hanley at Blackburn, I'd love to see him sign.

As for players out, I can see a few this summer. Berbatov seems certain to leave and wouldn't suprise me to see Owen move on. Anderson, Park and Macheda could make way for new players too. If we do get rid of three strikers I'd expect to sign one too, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar would be top of my list.

Should be an interesting transfer window as always for United, Fergie needs to buy and buy big this year else we might find ourselves struggling next season.

'arry will be off to manage England. Cause the FA think he is a triffic laad!

I think that without Harry or the champions league Spurs will hit a down turn next season. Out of all the top half teams Spurs and Liverpool will have the most interesting challenges for the summer.

Edit: I have read in the last week or so Jackson Martinez of Jaguares saying both Liverpool and Porto were interested in him. All I know of him is that I had seen him on FM.

I hope man utd spend 40 millions on a player who is rubbish and just scores own goals and he scores so many own goals that they get relegated and they go bust because they cannot sustain themselves on championship revenues and all the players lose their jobs and also the cafeteria ladies and then all their fans are like who cares we are norwich fans now (cause they are top) but then the fans are rounded up and shot for having no soul so they don't get off either. And even baddar.

• Like 6