The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Wasn't the Meireles transfer more a case of him asking to go when Chelsea showed interest in him? I mean sure the transfer request could have been denied but I'm almost certain he was the one that wanted to go rather than being forced out.

Aquilani, fitness aside, should have been given a chance this year. I think he's been a missed opportunity.

• Admin

Someone mentioned Hoilett on a free.

If he moves to an English club, it won't be a free due to his age and the rules regarding compensation for training a player now. I think I remember reading we'd get around £3 - £4 million for him under the rules, due to the length of time he's been with us, and thats the reason he wasn't sold in Jan - why accept a silly low bid of £7 million and go down, when he just might keep you up, and you'll still get £3 million or so for him in the summer.

Still, he will be off. Along with most of the others I imagine. N'Zonzi, Dann (no loss, been useless) Givet (massive loss, fuck you Kean), probably Martin Olsson, Formica, don't think Rochina's too happy, god knows what happened to Vukcevic, Salgado & Grella (finally) will be out the door, sure lots of clubs will be in for Yakubu....then we'll buy no-one because Venkys are clueless

Robinson

Orr

Grant Hanley

?????? one of the youth team? Raheem Hanley maybe?

Josh Morris / Adam Henley

Dunn

Pedersen

Petrovic

Lowe

Marcus Olsson

Goodwillie

Thats a terrifying vision of our 1st eleven in the Championship next year

Wasn't the Meireles transfer more a case of him asking to go when Chelsea showed interest in him? I mean sure the transfer request could have been denied but I'm almost certain he was the one that wanted to go rather than being forced out.

Aquilani, fitness aside, should have been given a chance this year. I think he's been a missed opportunity.

There was some issue with Meireles' wages. He took a fairly low wage to join us (£30k a week, apparently), but was 'promised' by Purslow we'd give him a proper contract at the end of the season once the club had been sold. FSG didn't really want to give him a pay rise though, they were trying to cut an already massively inflated wage budget as it was. Then once Chelsea showed an interest Meireles decided to put in the transfer request - I think if we'd have given him a new contract he'd still be here.

Hearing a lot more rumors about Kuyt going back to Feyenoord, he's before in interviews to both Feyenoord and LFC media said he wants to go back eventually, looks like it could be happening this summer. I'd be all for it.

What would stop Hoilett just seeing out his contract and becoming a free agent? Surely a team who isn't paying £3million in compensation would be happier to whack an extra £10,000-£15,000 on a contract, or at least give a big signing on fee.

What would stop Hoilett just seeing out his contract and becoming a free agent? Surely a team who isn't paying £3million in compensation would be happier to whack an extra £10,000-£15,000 on a contract, or at least give a big signing on fee.

He's under 24 so they have to pay compensation if he's out of contract.

I get that........but if his contact runs out on......30th June, say. Then, legally he isn't a Blackburn player, hasn't signed anything, and just becomes a free agent.

Then on the 15th July, Fulham could snap him up for free......no? Since he isn't legally anything to do with Blackburn at all anymore.

I get that........but if his contact runs out on......30th June, say. Then, legally he isn't a Blackburn player, hasn't signed anything, and just becomes a free agent.

Then on the 15th July, Fulham could snap him up for free......no? Since he isn't legally anything to do with Blackburn at all anymore.

No they have to pay compensation. I'm not sure how/why it works but they definitely do.

No they have to pay compensation. I'm not sure how/why it works but they definitely do.

I assumed that only worked for pre-contract agreement deals. But then again, I guess that would just lead to more players sitting out their contracts until they were free agents.

Cheers.

Yeah if he takes up employment wiht another football club, Blackburn will be entitled to compensation as long as he's under 23.

Hearing a lot more rumors about Kuyt going back to Feyenoord, he's before in interviews to both Feyenoord and LFC media said he wants to go back eventually, looks like it could be happening this summer. I'd be all for it.

I'm surprised that he wasn't sold during the January Transfer window, especially after it turned out that he told the truth about Suarez which contributed towards the 8 match ban. Then again, I suppose he was one of two striker they had during that period anyway (and the more prolific goalscorer)

• Like 1

Yeah if he takes up employment wiht another football club, Blackburn will be entitled to compensation as long as he's under 23.

Actually, the compensation rule only exists in the league that the player is in. If say, Ajax decide they want to sign the player then they can sign him without paying any compensation but if Liverpool want to buy him then they'd have to pay £3m.

I THINK that's how it goes, I seem to remember a situation happening with Joe Ledley, which is why he eventually ended up going to Celtic.

Actually, the compensation rule only exists in the league that the player is in. If say, Ajax decide they want to sign the player then they can sign him without paying any compensation but if Liverpool want to buy him then they'd have to pay £3m.

I THINK that's how it goes, I seem to remember a situation happening with Joe Ledley, which is why he eventually ended up going to Celtic.

That's true. You also only get compensation if you offer him a deal worth more than his existing one (it may have to be a certain percentage more, but I'm not sure on that)

That's true. You also only get compensation if you offer him a deal worth more than his existing one (it may have to be a certain percentage more, but I'm not sure on that)

Yeah that's why Dan Gosling fucked Everton off so effectively! :w00t:

• Like 1

The club that trains them has to be compensated. I think it came about as some sort of preservation, to stop big clubs taking all the talent. It's a good thing really, especially for small clubs like Crewe who have had a great youth system.

Has anyone heard any more rumours of Mobido Maiga coming to Newcastle or has that ship long since sailed?

• Like 1

Neil Warnock of Leeds who said El-Hadji Diouf was running his mouth after breaking Jamie Mackie's leg. And El-Hadji Diouf who said Warnock was 'a nobody' and shit and said he will see him face-to-face and tell him what he thinks?

Them two? Class. :D