The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

You did?

I'm trying to think of the top players that have moved to the MLS...Henry, Beckham...erm. I'll get back to you.

He said talented and under 30, not top. Big difference.

Just this year Boyd, Salihi, Olman Vargas, Rafael Robayo, Miller Bolanos, Jaime Castrillon, Frank Songo'o, and Jairo Arrieta made the move over.

You did?

I'm trying to think of the top players that have moved to the MLS...Henry, Beckham...erm. I'll get back to you.

Just this year Boyd, Salihi, Olman Vargas, Rafael Robayo, Miller Bolanos, Jaime Castrillon, Frank Songo'o, and Jairo Arrieta made the move over.

I'd say fair enough but since you started that list with what I can only assume is Kris Boyd, then I can only say that the word 'talented' is being misused in the MLS.

You did?

I'd say fair enough but since you started that list with what I can only assume is Kris Boyd, then I can only say that the word 'talented' is being misused in the MLS.

Why troll the MLS! :-/

Who?

Football exists in the Western Hemisphere .... it's crazy, I know.

Erm, you know that the UK is part of that, right? I mean, maybe you were making a joke, but obviously it exists in the western hemisphere.

The question is still valid anyway. I'm not knocking the MLS which is clearly improving, but outside of Boyd (who isn't very good) that's a big list of 'who?'.

Unless Songo'o is the old Deportivo keeper, but I don't think it is.

I've heard of Vargas, Songo'o and Boyd, and that's it. Never seen any play, just know them through Fifa/FM. So, yeah, hardly setting the world alight with their 27-29 signing over in the MLS >_>.

I've heard of a few - Songo'o was a total nobody over here, he wasn't even good at Sheffield Wednesday. What has made any of the others stand-out as particularly 'talented'? Olman Vargas...one Costa Rican cap and a decent goalscoring record in Costa Rica. Boyd is the big one, because he came to the Championship and proceeded to prove over the course of a whole season that he really was not very good at all, and was another example of a player dominating the SPL and then getting shown up in England's second tier.

I wasn't 'trolling' or anything like that either, I genuinely don't see the talent that stands out in that list, and I cannot think of any really good imports to the MLS who are not in the twilight of their career.

Guest mr. potato head

Have to agree with everybody who's not HTTK here. MLS *is* getting better year by year, but it's a slow process and it's ridiculous to say any of those names are top-tier talent on a global scale.

• Like 1

Boyd isn't even that great in MLS. He's scored some goals but he's also totally vanished from matches and had some amazingly bad finishes.