The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I have a bad feeling M'Vila will end up being the more expensive but less talented version of Etienne Capoue. Had the pleasure of seeing M'Vila play quite a bit as I watch quite a lot of Rennes games - and anyone who remembers the France/England friendly a while ago will have seen him dominate the entire centre of the park - but hopefully he can do well. I like M'Vila and he's a very talented player but already has a couple of blemishes on his record in terms of attitude to a degree, but maybe that's what Arsenal need ago. The feisty, angry central midfielder like Vieira was who wasn't a push over.

I look forward to seeing him in the flesh next season if he does/has indeed sign/signed for Arsenal.

Also just to clarify these Hazard quotes, I don't think what has been reported (that he said he'll be playing in blue next season) have actually been heard by anyone or said. I'm not sure if they are made up or not, after Lille beat Caen 3-0 the other night he was interviewed after the match and said "red or blue next season?" and he said "both, the strip I wear is red and the stadium is blue" (in reference to the stadium seats at the Stade Lille Metropole) - now I heard them but they were translated by the commentator, and whether or not it's them that have been taken out of context or something else I'm unsure. That said everyone I've heard speak about it seem convinced that it's Manchester City he's going to next season so it could still transpire that he is 'definitely' wearing blue next season. I'll have another dig around though and see if I can find the fellas who were saying they weren't sure anyone had actually heard him say the words being attributed to him.

Exactly. My love for Hazard would fall. :(

Pretty much like when Keisuke Honda was linked to Arsenal last year - I would have to have hated him which would have been a shame.

You fickle bastard!

I'd have expected City to strengthen defence, not attack considering who they have already. Should be an interesting transfer window if everyone starts pulling their fingers out.

I'm just thinking now about Liverpool and transfers.

I assume the Elm deal is done? There have been reports we want Clint Dempsey, Gaston Rameirez and Luuk De Jong.

Sadly, I can see Maxi out. Reports saying he wants to cancel his contract. There have been rumors on Kuyt too. I really hope we can keep Dirk at the least. Joe Cole has said a permanent move to France would be fine with him, and he'd take a pay cut. Aquiliani will probably go out on loan again unless anyone wants to buy him. Fabio Aurelio will almost certainly be gone.

A lot could depend on if Kenny Dalglish is manager this time next week as regards who goes, who stays and who comes in.

Ideally, I'd like rid of Downing (if the clubs ambitions are top four, Downing won't help us there), Joe Cole and probably want to cut the losses on Aquilani. As much as I want to see Alberto Aquilani Liverpool player work out, he's very injury prone. I'd probably cut Nathan Eccelston too from the reserves, I just don't see much good in him and I would bring Pacheco back to the club.

In my dreams, I would swap Cole for Eden Hazard. :shifty: But I like the sound of the people we're apparently interested in. I also like the idea of singing Junior Hoilet because he is obviously going to go somewhere in the summer.

Edit: Oh and on the kids names, my sister had to veto her boyfriend's suggestion of Xabi (after Xabi Alonso) for their baby's name.