The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Eden Hazard to Spurs IF we get CL. That would be lovely.

Modric will go if we don't. Kyle Walker could get snapped up, in which case we shouldn't rush to get rid of Corluka....Or Kranjcar who could find himself getting more game time. Parker/Sandro will stay. Lennon will stay. BAE will stay. VdV would probably stay (I can see him returning to Ajax before too many years though).

Goalkeeper, centre back (in theory we SHOULDN'T need one but Dawson is busted, Gallas and King, while good backups, are too old to play game in game out....and I fear having Kaboul as the man leading the defensive line. Also, goalscorer.

I really hope Corluka stays. I don't think Kyle Walker will leave but Corluka is a great back-up and can be slotted in at centre back when we have our inevitable injury crisis back there.

Get rid of Nelsen and Gallas, Kaboul has had his best ever season so I have no qualms about having two of him, Dawson and King starting at the back. Ideally get Bassong back for depth but we'll need at least one more centre back with the injury problems King and Dawson are bound to have. Preferably not another 30+ year old with injury problems. Happy with the LB position as it is.

I think it's time for Cudicini to retire. I'm fine with Friedel starting in goal for another year, he was one of our best players this season. Gomes is 30 now, so we need to decide whether he's the right player to replace Brad for the few years after he's gone or if we need someone else back there. Some youth in the first team back there would be nice to see.

The rest really depends on if we finish 4th or not. If we don't, we can expect to see Bale and/or Modric go and I can't see us holding on to Adebayor so we'd obviously have to revamp our attack somewhat.

The Rovers needs an absolutely massive overhaul. Most players will be heading out, starting with Diouf, Beye, Bamogo, Bagayoko, Plessis, Diatta and Robert. Some of whom we've never even seen for proof they exist. I'd expect most to leave, and a lot of lower league bargain players to come in and replace them.

Everton need to secure Pienaar's signing permanently I think, as well as bring in a top quality defender and a left winger, funds permitting. I'd say sell one of the existing lot to fund the money if needs be...Rodwell would be my pick.

The Rovers needs an absolutely massive overhaul. Most players will be heading out, starting with Diouf, Beye, Bamogo, Bagayoko, Plessis, Diatta and Robert. Some of whom we've never even seen for proof they exist. I'd expect most to leave, and a lot of lower league bargain players to come in and replace them.

Everton need to secure Pienaar's signing permanently I think, as well as bring in a top quality defender and a left winger, funds permitting. I'd say sell one of the existing lot to fund the money if needs be...Rodwell would be my pick.

Didn't know Donny had Plessis, how did he do? I mean he never really played for us but I remember his debut against Arsenal. That's about it. Some people seemed to think he had promise while others didn't.

Liverpool desperately need a striker that can actually, y'know, score. In a perfect world I'd bring in Cavani to partner with Suarez. Not sure that's likely, pretty sure I read that City were interested in him this year, so they would obviously win this hypothetical bidding war should it happen. I'd be perfectly happy with Darren Bent if Dalglish is still keen.

Last year I wanted Raul Albiol as a new centre back alongside Agger. I think that would be doable with him playing second fiddle to Pepe at Madrid, so I'll shoot for that again.

I think you're wishing real hard if you think Liverpool are going to buy a new striker that isn't really cheap. I blame the service more than the front men anyway, but how much do they really have to throw around after spunking all the Torres money?

Barca out of league race and champions league, MASS EXODUS!?!?!?

MESSI TO CITY!

You really think that's worse than Andy Carroll?

I don't think either of them are really the standard of player we want, unless we're happy to finish anywhere from 6th-11th or so every year?

I think you're wishing real hard if you think Liverpool are going to buy a new striker that isn't really cheap. I blame the service more than the front men anyway, but how much do they really have to throw around after spunking all the Torres money?

There's some money. Not City/Chelsea levels, but some. We're not spending £30m a so per season on loan repayment for starters, plus there's the added income from new kit/sponsorship deals as well.

The problem's going to be spending it properly. Apparently we're looking at Ever Banega, which would be a step in the right direction, but I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up spending £25m on Steven Fletcher and Lee Cattermole. Good, British lads with Premier League experience. Can't go wrong.

I would like to hope with Camoli gone it might change the transfer policy a bit. We really aren't going anywhere buying best of British mid table men. I'd look at Holiet on a free though.

I would like to hope with Camoli gone it might change the transfer policy a bit. We really aren't going anywhere buying best of British mid table men. I'd look at Holiet on a free though.

I think anyone going for Hoilett is in for a battle. Quality player, shouldn't have any problem securing a new club.

Not sure where Cattermole would fit in once Lucas is healthy, and I'd much rather Spearing and Adam remain as our backup. Banega could definitely be a step in the right direction though, if true.

Our foremost problem right now is a striker, and we need to spend to rectify that issue. Offload Carroll and bring in a proven top draw finisher.

We probably should invest in a new keeper. Doni and Jones were mistakes and recent events proved the necessity of having a reliable alternative to Reina.

Not sure where Cattermole would fit in once Lucas is healthy, and I'd much rather Spearing and Adam remain as our backup. Banega could definitely be a step in the right direction though, if true.

Amazed you think the owners of Liverpool are prepared to let a £20m asset go unused. Andy Carroll will never be prolific, but by god he should have a few goals behind him by now. I still never managed to wrap my head around turning Kuyt into a winger. We were after him at the same time Liverpool were.