The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Some rumours here, as PSG might offload Mamadou Sakho if Thiago Silva's move is complete, with Newcastle and Arsenal interested in the 22-year-old defender. Arsenal are also interested in Sevilla striker Álvaro Negredo. Milan is ready to offer 7M pounds for Kolarov, since the player wants to leave City.

And, as far as ESPN's blog goes, Emre is now joining Spanish side Atletico Madrid.

Also talks that Ibra and Silva is pretty much a done deal to PSG, which would be mental really. I don't believe it what so ever right now, certainly not the Silva part, though they're quoting in the region of 60 million. It'll take a massive offer to be taking Silva away, interested to see if this is more nonsense or actually true.

Even without them PSG are looking awesome for next season. If they got these two, it'd take the team that further step, could be a big force in the CL next season.

I already decided I'd watch French football next season, but Ibra and Thiago at PSG just makes me salivate. Although depends who you've got, because Pato and Robinho are enough to make up for the lack of pace and the lethargic style with which Ibra plays, but I don't know PSG well enough to comment.

Haven't seen much of Thiago Silva myself but he's supposedly one of the top centre backs in the world so that's another player they'll have trouble replacing. All about the money, though. PSG should walk the French league next season. They're gonna ruin the awesomeness of Ligue 1 having a different winner every season :(

For the past four seasons Ligue Un has been great fun! The seven in a row for Lyon sort of disproves the theory but as of late it's been great. Mind you even if PSG do walk this season it'll still be five different winners for five consecutive years.

And Zlatan will be back to having won a league title and he'll have yet another league title to his burgeoning collection which currently stands at 7, and would be 9 if not for things out of his control. Across 4 different countries too. He has an absurd collection of trophies.

Fulham hope to use Liverpool's interest in Clint Dempsey to drive an audacious swap deal for Andy Carroll, which would feature a cash adjustment, as they also completed the free transfer of Hugo Rodallega from Wigan Athletic.

Dempsey, who scored 23 goals in all competitions last season, has 12 months to run on his Fulham contract and he is keen to move to a bigger club. Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, appears prepared to let Carroll go and the striker has also attracted the interest of West Ham United and Newcastle United, his former club.

Fulham would have to give Liverpool around £9m on top of Dempsey, but the deal for Rodallega, who has signed a three-year contract, has strengthened their options following the departures of Andy Johnson and Pavel Pogrebnyak.

http://www.guardian....ol-andy-carroll

Could work...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND It's done, ladies and gentleman! Ibra and Thiago Silva are signed by PSG. Can understand why Ibra was sold, but why Silva? They lost Nesta, now they lose him, who the hell is going to be in the Milan back 4 next year? Mezbah and Abate? ffs.