The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Lucas Moura to PSG in January. Gives PSG to free up a non-EU slot before then. 43m euros is the word on the street/twitter.

Makes sense actually, doesn't the Brazilian league start in January/February and have a summer break for international tournaments?

EDIT: Rafael appears JUST when I need him for Brazilian knowledge :D

Lucas Moura to PSG in January. Gives PSG to free up a non-EU slot before then. 43m euros is the word on the street/twitter.

Makes sense actually, doesn't the Brazilian league start in January/February and have a summer break for international tournaments?

EDIT: Rafael appears JUST when I need him for Brazilian knowledge :D

Summer break only for World Cups, Brazilian Championship is currently happening and I'm not giving a f*ck because of the Olympics. And yes, the season starts in January.

Still can't see this RVP to united deal happening.

Fergie has said he expects a big season from Hernandez so I assume he'll get games.

It's starting to look like City and United are playing chicken and trying to get the other club to buy him so that it has a habit of destabilizing their seasons. Both teams have pretty much all they need to do well this season and adding too many players at once will just destroy the team spirit that is the backbone of United and is starting to be embedded into City players.

Evra has been the weak link for a while now and with Fabio out on loan we'll need another left back I know there's a lot of clamoring for the youth but if Fergie didn't throw the likes of Pogba in then he won't be putting in Robbie Brady or Tyler Blacket our young full-backs.

The midfield still lacks in steel, Hargreaves was the perfect solution but that went down the crapper. For me these are the two areas that have to be invested in and I am hoping this RVP saga is just a smokescreen, the theory above about both teams trying to bait each other into signing him sounds plausible to me

The midfield needs steel and some invention.

Our goals were almost exclusively created down the flanks last season, and it cost us in games where the wide players were stifled (Wigan with their wing backs), Kagawa may provide some of it but we could use another one just in case.

• Admin

What a stupidly insane sum of money for Moura. Bonkers.

Elsewhere, Victor Moses is seemingly Chelsea-bound after Wigan agreed to lower their asking price slightly. And at Blackburn, Steve Kean has said that Rovers are closing in on a deal for Colin Kazim-Richards from Galatasaray, Jordan Slew is to join League One side Oldham on loan for six months. Sporting Lisbon midfielder Diogo Rosado could also wrap up a move to the Championship club in the coming days.

£35m for an unproven player like Moura is ridiculous, like Andy Carroll levels of ridiculous.

Also, despite selling Snodgrass for £3m last week, we don't have the money to make any more transfers apparently.

• Admin
Liverpool have made a £15m bid for Swansea's Joe Allen, triggering a release clause in the Welshman's contract.

The 22-year-old midfielder held talks with Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins on Wednesday and will meet with manager Brian Laudrup on Thursday.

Liverpool are now confident they can proceed quickly to complete the move.

Allen would be manager Brendan Rodgers' second signing since moving to Anfield, after the purchase of Fabio Borini.

The two clubs opened negotiations over a deal for Allen last month, but the Anfield club's opening bid was rejected.

Liverpool manager Rodgers offered around £12m plus Jonjo Shelvey on loan, but that deal was turned down by Swansea chairman Jenkins.

Rodgers and Allen worked closely during the manager's time in south Wales.

Although the new Liverpool manager has a written agreement with Swansea not to return to his former club to try to sign any of their players for the next 12 months, the Welsh club can waive that clause if a deal is deemed to be in the best interests of the club.

Rodgers admitted Allen was a target in July, saying: "He is a very talented player, which everyone knows."

Allen returned to training at Swansea for the first time on Wednesday following his involvement in the Olympic football tournament with Team GB.

£35m for an unproven player like Moura is ridiculous, like Andy Carroll levels of ridiculous.

Also, despite selling Snodgrass for £3m last week, we don't have the money to make any more transfers apparently.

Bates probably wants to renovate the car park or something.

Bates probably wants to renovate the car park or something.

He's supposed to be fucking off sometime soon :angry:

I'm actually happy that City haven't made any signings so far. If we keep ticking over and winning things with the team (or near enough) that we have and keep our finances tidy, it would be quite the "fuck you" to Platini and those other blokes at UEFA.

That being said, another centre back wouldn't go amiss.

I think Lescott is absolutely fine, but younger back up that isn't Savic wouldn't be too bad. The main area I'd be looking at would be a CDM for when Yaya goes or say you lose him or Nige. I like Barry and Milner and everything, but a bit more squad depth at the back of midfield for the big games wouldn't be too shabby.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

Liverpool have made a £15m bid for Swansea's Joe Allen, triggering a release clause in the Wales international's contract.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Also, that article refers to Swansea's manager as 'Brian Laudrup'.

Sky Sports News did that too earlier, I assume they'll have changed it now.

I have heard the Mark Davies to Swansea deal is going ahead too. So I guess the Allen deal is gonna happen. I hope he is worth that release because that may be Liverpool done spending. Assuming Carroll or Agger don't go in big money moves.

I'm actually happy that City haven't made any signings so far. If we keep ticking over and winning things with the team (or near enough) that we have and keep our finances tidy, it would be quite the "fuck you" to Platini and those other blokes at UEFA.

That being said, another centre back wouldn't go amiss.

I'm not completely convinced that not signing anyone would keep Citys finances 'tidy', regardless of trophies won.

I think City are being sensible not splashing the cash indiscriminately like before, they have a very good squad and have a lot of deadwood they need to shift.

Ade, Santa Cruz, Bridge (I know they've loaned him out but I doubt Brighton are paying his full wage), and Michael Johnson are certs to go I imagine.

In terms of strengthening, I guess a CB that isn't Savic would be good for when the ACoN rolls round and Toure is unavailable as back up.

• Admin

Adam!!

Doncaster Rovers have signed former Cardiff City defender Paul Quinn on a one-year deal. The former Motherwell player follows the arrivals of defender Rob Jones, midfielders David Cotterill and David Syers and forward Robbie Blake.