The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

They bought Michu. He scored 15 goals in La Liga last year and was only £2mil. I think he'll probably be bargain of the season. Will most probably play in the Sigurdsson position I think. Just 26 years old too which just shows the value you can get abroad whilst someone British and halfway decent will go for £10-15mil minimum.

From the brief clips I've seen of Anita, it obvious he's right footed. Why does everywhere on the internet say defensive midfielder/left back, has he exclusively played left fullback for a reason? Don't need another right-footed left back, need a proper left sided one.

Anita has played LB for a good while at Ajax because Ajax didn't have a left back. Anita wasn't playing at the time, so they just tried him out as a LB and he was okay (even made the Dutch squad once or twice as a LB). But it was eventually clear that he's much better as a midfielder (his real position), because a right footed LB just doesn't work well. Last season De Boer put him in the defensive mid position and mainly because of him Ajax started winning everything and they became champions. I suppose you can compare him to Nigel de Jong, same position, but less brutal, slightly better on the ball going forward, smaller, bigger ass :pervert:

I hope he's not deployed there at Newcastle anyway, much rather he play in midfield, depending on what formation we play.

Also, is there a PremierLeague.com fantasy league this year on EWB? Can't remember if anybody posted a league name or password.

I hope he's not deployed there at Newcastle anyway, much rather he play in midfield, depending on what formation we play.

Also, is there a PremierLeague.com fantasy league this year on EWB? Can't remember if anybody posted a league name or password.

I don't think anyone has done one. I was tempted to run a Premier League Fantasy Factory, similar to the Battle Factory in Pokemon where you pick 3 players (Def/GK, Mid, FW) and every gameweek you get to sub one out, if there is interest in something like that.

Daniel Agger has came out and said that he has absolutely no intention of leaving Liverpool and his whole "I will never play for another English team" from after the Torres saga is still as true as it was then, apparently.

We've also turned our attention to Christian Tello, presumably because we won't match the asking price for Clint Dempsey.

Is it a new system? Or was it just for the community shield?

It seems to me like playing Clichy/kolarov and zabaleta/Richards in a more attacking position is robbing two attacking slots from more attacking players

Edited by If_You_Wanna_Be_The_Man

Daniel Agger has came out and said that he has absolutely no intention of leaving Liverpool and his whole "I will never play for another English team" from after the Torres saga is still as true as it was then, apparently.

We've also turned our attention to Christian Tello, presumably because we won't match the asking price for Clint Dempsey.

The Tello interest has been around for a while I think. At least a week. Apparently Ian Ayre has gone out to Barcelona to negotiate a deal.

Also we're in for Nuri Sahin (who is being reported as getting encouraged to go to Anfield by Xabi Alonso much like Bellamy did to Joe Allen). The Alonso/Mourhino/Liverpool/Rodgers connections.

Have a poorly translated version of this article from Guillem Balagué.

The Liverpool Brendan Rodgers has decided that the shortest path to victory is going through a lot of passes. The Chelsea B exentrenador, Reading, Watford and Swansea came to Liverpool with a clear philosophy and inexperienced, but he has thrown into the ring without shyness. What the ring is not a cheap imitation: the mirror is Barcelona, the national team, the Spanish. Pepe Reina is playing more ball this preseason that Dalglish was full. If you want more tracks throw a glance at midfield intended Rodgers: Joe Allen (Swansea's new signing), Lucas Leiva and Nuri Sahin, all shorter and stumps.

Sahin said no to the opportunity to be part of the transfer of Modric and takes some weeks now hear it from Xabi Alonso the benefits of a special club where he could play regularly. Apparently, Xabi work is paying off and Sahin seems convinced. A year at Anfield will give confidence (and pace) of scarce. Ian Ayre, executive director of English club, is in Spain because he and Rodgers believes that Sahin (and perhaps Tello) is more than possible.

All shorter and stumps. Remember that. It's important.

I don't think anyone has done one. I was tempted to run a Premier League Fantasy Factory, similar to the Battle Factory in Pokemon where you pick 3 players (Def/GK, Mid, FW) and every gameweek you get to sub one out, if there is interest in something like that.

Name - EWB

Code - 79114-35757

Is it a new system? Or was it just for the community shield?

It seems to me like playing Clichy/kolarov and zabaleta/Richards in a more attacking position is robbing two attacking slots from more attacking players

We've gone the same way through most of prerseason aswell. Which is why i think mancini is so kean on bringing in another technically decent defender, agger/martinez/de rossi/and now apparently pique.

Sky Sports reporting Spurs had a 12.6 mil offer for Gaston Ramirez accepted, but the deal fell through cos they offered too small of a wage. Also reported a big Hugo Lloris was rejected this summer.

It's getting scary that approaching the first game of the season, Spurs only have Defoe and Kane as strikers. Wouldn't be surprised to see two more come in before the end of the transfer window and maybe Defoe departing.