Madden NFL 13

DYSI

Can somebody please tell me how to better defend running plays :bang:

I've conceded at least 20 points in 5/6 games so far in CC, I'm getting murdered on the running game nearly every time. Some bloody ridiculous runs are getting through for extremely long TDs.

That said I just beat the Bills 47-35 at home to go 4-2 for the season. Doubt I'd have won that one if not for Larry Fitzgerald though.

If you want to be aggressive, you can use the left trigger to guess run, or even which side the run is going (hint: check which side the TE/FB is lined up on, although watch for the opponent to use counters to, uh, counter this). Or you can show blitz to bring everyone closer to the line. Generally your base package is going to be better at stopping the run as the average corner/nickel back is dogshit at tackling. You have to be careful blitzing a run though, you don't want to blitz the wrong side or over pursue. Possibly try shifting your line and/or linebackers. Pinch them to the middle to guard against inside runs, or crash left or right if you think you know which side they're running.

Usually have no problems vs the run. If it's outside runs keep defenders on the sides. Usually linebackers. Watch the pattern if they are continually going up the mid then be ready with inside linebackers and d-lineman. Always make sure you check how many wide outs they send before picking your play. If it's 1-2 there's a better chance of a run, and you can keep more guys inside. If it's 3 wide outs or more it could still be a draw. Draws usually are effective on 2nd or 3rd and long so watch for it.

I'm generally not too concerned when I give up a big gain or two, I usually claw some of it back with a few stops in the backfield. On average, I probably give up no more than 2-3 yards a carry. It's passing offense that fucks me off, because I'm pretty sure

I know what I'm supposed to do, I just seem to get in my won way and give up stuff I shouldn't.

Oh that reminds me, in that defeat to the Rams earlier I had the stupidest moment on offence in the first half. Skelton took the snap and I took one step back, so one of my halfbacks then decided to just stick his arm out and shove me sideways, causing me to get sacked as he shoved me right into a tackle. It was ridiculous, cost me a good few yards and a down and I was soon on the backfoot again.

Ok I think I found something really wrong with Madden 13.

I tried to fake a 30 yard field goal, but when my players got set up to ''kick'' it, all the opposition players went to set up in a nickel formation instead of a field goal defense...

That didn't happen once, but that happens every time when I try to fake a kick regardless of distance. Whatsupwiththat?

Just finished my season with 10-6 record and qualified for the Wildcard bid against... Drew Brees and the Saints.

They took an early 0-14 lead when I tossed a pick on my first drive and they recovered a fumble for touchdown. But the very next kick I brought it back 7-14 when Patterson took home his first Kickoff return.

I couldn't break their run defense all game and I only got like 30 yards total in four quarters, and passing was hit and miss too. But the good thing was that the Saints had the same problems as me, Brees had lots of completions but I held them to field goals and Larry was on fire on the flank catching my shit passes and saving my bacon four quarters long.

The game was close for four quarters long but in the end Drew Brees threw his sole pick of the game into Toler's hands and he ran it home for a 3 point lead and a 32-29 win! Jesus that was one ugly ass game, but a win is a win...

Now I am in the Divisional(?) game versus the Green Bay Packers, it certainly isn't getting any easier on me :/

Ok I think I found something really wrong with Madden 13.

I tried to fake a 30 yard field goal, but when my players got set up to ''kick'' it, all the opposition players went to set up in a nickel formation instead of a field goal defense...

That didn't happen once, but that happens every time when I try to fake a kick regardless of distance. Whatsupwiththat?

I don't think I've ever tried to fake a field goal so I wouldn't have noticed. But something similar happens if you choose any of the punt block plays. They ALWAYS audible out to max protect.

I have so much fun with the rookie classes on this game, it's more fun to build a team with players you draft yourself then to use an existing team. I wish you could still choose a game in week 17 and sim the entire season in one go, I hate having to sim each week separately. I just drafted a guy named Furious Foster and he's a FS who is going to end careers by removing heads from WRs going over the middle.