Madden NFL 13

DYSI

• 3 weeks later...

This might end up being a daft question but I've reached the first stage of the Offseason - resigning players, and I'm stumped on something.

In the My Actions I've offered new deals to all the players out of contract who are available to offer new deals. But I look on my Salaries screen and see that was as well as these 10/11 players all on 1 year left of the contract I've got a heap more. Most of them actually starters too. Why aren't these players available for me to re-sign in the My Actions menu?

I might just be misunderstanding some part of the game but I wanted to make sure before I advanced and found I am now down 10 more players than I thought I would be.

An oversight, then. It isn't even just my FA pick-ups. It's established players I've had since the start on 3/4 year deals too. Hopefully I'll be able to get them back in free agency.

Did they request negotiation throughout the season? It may be you declined to negotiate and as such they became unavailable.

False alarm, I was being stupid. It just listed at the end of the season all the players out of contract and all those with 1 actual year left as the same >_<

And I managed to re-sign the one pre-season pick-up who I couldn't enter negotiations with. So all is good!

• 3 weeks later...

Another gripe with the off-season is that as I had to accept a new contract inbetween the Super Bowl and the start of the off-season I totally missed the Re-signing stage and lost all my out of contract players. Bit stupid. Also find it odd how no other team bids to take you on despite having achieved considerable success so far. I think I'll just make a new character at the end of next season.

Also, Kurt Warner is coming back...in 2015. It may say he's 40 in the game but he would be about 43 and I find it a bit daft. Though he is looking likely to sign for the Niners which would add an interesting dynamic in my division with his old teams.