Madden NFL 13

DYSI

Sounds good so far, the passing game seemed off this year. The fact that you couldn't connect with a deep ball without being sacked or succeed in play action without being hit really sucked. Jim Nantz and Phill Simms seem like a plus though, never really liked Cris Collinsworth on here or TV.

Interesting blurb on the EA Sports site "A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality." Wonder what that could be.

I'm stoked for Madden 13 and NCAA 13, they've doubled the dev teams this year and brought in a lot of guys from EA Vancouver who have worked on FIFA over the last few years turning it from shit to a solid 9/10 game.

The June 4th video diary thing will be very interesting, loads of hype from insiders who usually shit all over Madden so looks like it'll be something good too.

I'm stoked for Madden 13 and NCAA 13, they've doubled the dev teams this year and brought in a lot of guys from EA Vancouver who have worked on FIFA over the last few years turning it from shit to a solid 9/10 game.

The June 4th video diary thing will be very interesting, loads of hype from insiders who usually shit all over Madden so looks like it'll be something good too.

Never really bought/played NCAA until last year and I was really satisfied with the overall gameplay. The passing is getting revamped too and the dynasty looks to be improved. Not sure why Barry Sanders is on the cover with Robert Griffin III though.

the main problems I had with 12, was the awful play action mechanics (you almost always got sacked), awful kick return blocking 90% of the time, and the jet pack linebackers/corners knowing where the ball is every time. so it's good they are addressing the passing game.

fuck yeah to Collinsworth finally being gone. the only announcer I HATE. I'll miss Gus Johnson though.

I was hoping for something else to make it stand out from all the other Maddens. Or at least some improvements to Online Franchises.

oh they still need to do something to discourage the fucktards online going for it on every 4th down.

the main problems I had with 12, was the awful play action mechanics (you almost always got sacked), awful kick return blocking 90% of the time, and the jet pack linebackers/corners knowing where the ball is every time. so it's good they are addressing the passing game.

fuck yeah to Collinsworth finally being gone. the only announcer I HATE. I'll miss Gus Johnson though.

I was hoping for something else to make it stand out from all the other Maddens. Or at least some improvements to Online Franchises.

oh they still need to do something to discourage the fucktards online going for it on every 4th down.

The defensive stuff sounds really cool if it actually works, and I've been calling for proper pass trajectories for years. I really hope they revamp the kick return blocking too - and I'd like to be able to set my coverage teams in the depth chart too. I don't want Urlacher and co. running down kicks.

They promised last year that '13 was the one for online franchise, but I'd have thought they'd have mentioned it already if that were the case. Disappointing.

Interesting blurb on the EA Sports site "A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality." Wonder what that could be.

EA hype.

Really, they hype the shit out of the game every year and most times the change is minimal.

I read on Wikipedia that defenders won't be able "expect" or be psychic with passes coming their way so they won't just swat balls that they weren't even looking at. That could be it.

Neither receivers nor defensive backs react to a ball unless they are expecting it (like in the case of a quick slant for receivers) or they have their heads turned and are looking at it. This should hopefully do away with the psychic defensive backs from past Madden games.

I read on Wikipedia that defenders won't be able "expect" or be psychic with passes coming their way so they won't just swat balls that they weren't even looking at. That could be it.

Neither receivers nor defensive backs react to a ball unless they are expecting it (like in the case of a quick slant for receivers) or they have their heads turned and are looking at it. This should hopefully do away with the psychic defensive backs from past Madden games.

Already been announced so it's not that.

The "monumental change" will be announced on June 4th.

The defensive stuff sounds really cool if it actually works, and I've been calling for proper pass trajectories for years. I really hope they revamp the kick return blocking too - and I'd like to be able to set my coverage teams in the depth chart too. I don't want Urlacher and co. running down kicks.

They promised last year that '13 was the one for online franchise, but I'd have thought they'd have mentioned it already if that were the case. Disappointing.

They've said return blockers will stick to lanes now so that should be sorted.

And online franchuse stuff will more than likely be in the June 4th stuff too.

The new main menu:

madden13menu.jpg

Looks really nice, reminds me a little of the NBA2K games.

That's been brought up in one of the dev diary videos already. I'm more inclined to believe this is legit (rather than just being PR spiel) as either last year or the year before they did a blog around Super Bowl time which had a video of the engine calculating vision cones and line of sight type stuff. If I remember rightly, they said at the time they weren't sure that it'd be ready for that year's edition.

The new main menu:

madden13menu.jpg

Looks really nice, reminds me a little of the NBA2K games.

That looks sweet. Probably doesn't matter to most but I like the new look of the ticker at the bottom. Not just poorly formatted text in the one colour making it difficult to read at times. I like it.

I'm happy with news of a new passing system. As a Madden (and NFL) nOOb last tear I found the passing in Madden 12 really difficult to get a hang of. Not that I want it to be easier per-se in Madden 13, just more intuitive. Should help if they are eliminating 'psychic' cornerbacks too.

And the presentation looks real nice this year, both in the menu screens and in the match-day 'TV' coverage.

Very much looking forward to a demo.

They've changed the "scorebug" too. There were a lot of complaints about it looking cartoony and unrealistic after the first couple of trailers hit, so they've changed it to make it more like a proper TV graphic. It's encouraging that they've listened to the community, even if it is just a minor detail, at least they're most likely aware of the criticism they get.

So according to Michael Young, the creative director for Madden 13 Tebowing will be in

• Like 2