Madden NFL 13

DYSI

Not being able to edit ratings or take edited rosters into the mode doesn't bother me. Sure I like to tweak a few guys here and there when they blow it on the default ratings with some guys, but not a huge deal.

What bothers me much more is that we cannot edit anything about the physical appearance of the players, numbers, etc. It bothers me because A) most of the rookies last year looked stupid...they seemingly all wore long sleeves, looked disproportionate, etc. Had an offensive lineman built like a wide receiver. and B) I fucking HATE seeing the Giants' retired numbers given out. I would actually scan my pre-season roster and alter the number for anybody wearing one of the Giants' 11 retired numbers...also I'd make sure nobody got #92 or #10 when Eli retired either.

Nitpicky on my part? Maybe. Certainly not gamebreaking. It's purely cosmetic - but I do like realism so it kinda sucks knowing I'll have to just pretend that the Giants decided to say fuck off to history.

Yeah it sounds pretty cool. Puts an extra focus on scouting as well, which I like. I love the idea of dynamic rookie stories as well leading up to the draft.

Apparently you CAN edit your created player's appearance and number at any time just like in the old game. AKA the exact same menu that no longer exists for anybody except your created player. Makes the lack of editing ability somewhat baffling as there's no way it would have been hard to include.

I imagine it has something to do synchronising rosters across an online franchise, or limiting opportunities to cheat. I'm not too fussed, but it's going to be weird seeing some schmuck rocking Payton's 34 or something. Perhaps they could have locked out retired jerseys for us.

I do hope there's a demo this year. As much fun as I can have with Madden 12, I have just as many games where I find myself shutting the game off at halftime when you see shit like awfully rated Kevin Kolb shredding my defense (with like 7 90+ rated players on it) for 15 straight completions, 2 TDs, and 2 90+ yard drives. Meanwhile their linebackers make mystical dives to stop my passes and pull off one handed INTs behind their backs.

I don't mind losing a fair game at all, but Madden has long had a history of having some games where you are given zero chance of winning and it pisses me off to no end. Once you reach that awkward phase when you find All Pro too easy but All Madden impossible, you lose all desire to play.

I do hope there's a demo this year. As much fun as I can have with Madden 12, I have just as many games wher!e I find myself shutting the game off at halftime when you see shit like awfully rated Kevin Kolb shredding my defense (with like 7 90+ rated players on it) for 15 straight completions, 2 TDs, and 2 90+ yard drives. Meanwhile their linebackers make mystical dives to stop my passes and pull off one handed INTs behind their backs.

I don't mind losing a fair game at all, but Madden has long had a history of having some games where you are given zero chance of winning and it pisses me off to no end. Once you reach that awkward phase when you find All Pro too easy but All Madden impossible, you lose all desire to play.

This...this a thousand times. I can play on All Star and stomp the computer but once I switch to All Madden I can't get a first down

I'm actually really excited for this year's game. It sounds like they've finally made changes that will keep me playing offline franchise for a lot longer, and keep me playing, and winning, the online franchise for even longer than that.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering how yawn-inducing most sports game achievement lists are, that's not bad. Certainly designed to get you into Connected careers, but I reckon that could be quite fun. I call tremendous bullshit on a Kinect achievement in a non Kinect-specific title though, fuck that noise.

Also:

Made Ya Look 10

Abort the play action and complete a pass for a TD (no SuperSim, OTP or co-op).

Made You Look is a daft name. The whole point of a play fake is to make you look, essentially faking the play fake isn't going to make much difference. Aborting it and running it in yourself would be more appropriate >_>

• 2 weeks later...

I'm extremely anxious for Madden. I've began planning out what I want to do as a Head Coach, Legendary Player (Barry Sanders), and Custom Player. Big Lions fan so that will be the team I use for all of these modes early on. If I get into an online league and they aren't available I will play as some other team though.

That looks amazing. Also, does anyone know if Connected Careers is going to be the same offline as it is online?

It's supoosed to be pretty much exactly the same.

Really psyched for this year, even though the new pass defense engine screams broken mechanic to me.