Lucas to Make More Star Wars?

triplexpac

A little Jedi stopped by the inbox today with some information fans have to pray is actually happening. Rumors at best folks ... ones we love, but we have to remind you: rumors!

You didn't hear this from me, but you might be curious as to why everyone at ILM just signed NDA's (Non Disclosure Agreement) saying that they will not discuss Star Wars EP7, 8, or 9. Since they're not being made, why the NDA's? Of course, since when has the flannel one been consistent?

Souce: TheForce.net

Edited by triplexpac

Nah man, they'd have to get Hamill, Fisher and Ford back to do new episodes, and that can't be a bad thing. Just let Timothy Zahn to write the story, and Frank Darabont to write the screenplay and direct. Problem solved, kick ass movie made. Of course I'm of the opinion that the prequel films weren't really that bad.

I don't think they can pick one trilogy of the books to be made into episodes 7-8-9. They should just glance on some of the novels that aren't that important(like name the happenings)...

Knowing Lucas though, he probably isn't even aware of the novels. <_<

I have always the tought that if even more trilogys should be made, they should be about the first war between the Sith and the Jedi.

If 7 and 8 and 9 are made, it's, IMO, either going to be a 50% chance of shit or a 50% chance of greatness.

I think if does do them, it will all depend on the critical and boxoffice success of E3.

Edited by Mind Games 96

If they do get made, why does everyone assume them to be shit?

Okay, the two prequels were more on special effects instead of some decent characters and the biggest rip-off hype of a character (Darth Maul) ever. Hayden Christianson or whatever his name is can't act to save his life...and the fact that we know what's going to happen...

Perhaps with new movies set with new or interesting characters that we can actually care about and make them the focus rather than pushing the boundaries of special effects. The things about the old movies is that the characters of Luke, Han, Leia and Darth Vader were so cool. The first time we see Darth Vader is a moment you remember. The 'I am your father' is possibly one of cinema's best moments...why? The characters...they really drove and hammered home the story.

What do we have in the first two? Mesa Jar Jar Binks. Mesa smarter than people as theysa thick enough to makesa mesa in chargesa! Anakin which is unbelievable and Obi Wan (the one thing good about the films) quoting such shit lines as 'You'll be the death of me...'

We need interesting characters...and C-3PO and R2-D2.

Darth Maul could easily have been the coolest Star Wars film character of all-time. And yes, I'm even counting the wicked-cool Darth Vader... but, to steal a term from pro-wrestling, they hot-shotted the angle, and left us all with a bitter taste in our mouths.

That, plus the often atrocious acting and mediocre storylines is what is killing the Star Wars franchise. If you're going to make a character that people will connect with (good or bad), then you need to draw out that connection, not destroy it before anything happens. I mean, seriously, how much cooler would it have been for the end of Episode III to have Anakin murder Darth Maul, much like Palpatine was trying to get Luke to do to his father in ROTJ, and then face off with Obi-Wan?

It really seems to me like Lucas pulled the prequels out of his ass and said "Okay, I wrote some movies....let's do them."

Guest Vince Russo

If you listen carefully, you can actually hear Lucas unzip his pants as he gets ready to urinate away more of the Star Wars legacy. Why does he need to make more SW films ? Can't he leave well enough alone ? The original trilogy was superb on its own, and doesn't need adding to. Each successive SW film just further dilutes the legacy of the original trilogy.