Gears of War

Benji

Microsoft and Epic Games will debut a new Gears of War title at E3 next week. The sequel -- which was not identified by name in Game Informer's cover story reveal -- appears to be set on Sera, star COG soldiers, and a mysterious man in handcuffs.

We don't know anyone like that, do we?

The background of the debut imagery features familiar flying enemies as well, indicating the Locusts are indeed returning. The Gears universe has a rich history, which you can read all about in our Gears of War Wiki, so there's plenty to speculate about here.

Is this a prequel, perhaps during the Pendulum Wars leading into Marcus Fenix's inevitable arrest? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to tune into IGN for Microsoft's E3 press conference Monday, June 4 at 9:30am PDT.

First image...

Game-Informer-cover.jpg

Source: IGN, who took it from Game Informer

THE GEARDAMN LADS!

Did we ever actually have a GoW3 thread? I think we just used the 360 thread.

No, but my GoW2 thread was wonderful.

shifty.gif

I'm waiting for Ellis' annual E3 thread.

It's coming!

Also, I want to do Gears 3 Insane but after my game glitched, my save progress screwed up so I can't play insane. :( I need to complete it again to unlock that. Boo.

Did we ever actually have a GoW3 thread? I think we just used the 360 thread.

No, but my GoW2 thread was wonderful.

shifty.gif

I'm waiting for Ellis' annual E3 thread.

It's coming!

Also, I want to do Gears 3 Insane but after my game glitched, my save progress screwed up so I can't play insane. :( I need to complete it again to unlock that. Boo.

Can't you do it, so long as the host has unlocked it?

I assume no caus everyone sets their own difficulty.

To be fair, with the time it usually takes EWB events like this to go from the 'Let's play this!' stage to actually playing it stage, I can probably grind out a casual arcade run with lots of cheats turned on. I assume a casual arcade run will unlock Insane...

EDIT: I am reading that on Arcade it's down to whatever the host is using so that might work.

Does anyone have any good mutators unlocked? That would probably help us alot, not entirely sure if you can still get the cheevs with them on.

And if we get someone pointing out collectibles along the way, that'd be good too. :shifty: