Turtle Beaches with HDMI?!

Owen

Well, I just bought some Turtle Beach headphones for my Xbox 360, tried to plug them in but I could not as the HDMI cable was in the way, as this plug has a piece of plastic hanging down, covering the hdmi plug space, I am unable to plug both in at the same time. Is there a solution that I can use, without needing to buy any more equipment or anything... or is there some sort of cable that I require?!

use the scart lead instead of HDMI :/

I can't, that's being used for the turtle beaches too?!

EDIT:

thanks Summers! what's the name for that connector, I can't seem to find it anywhere online O.o

Edited by 0wen

If you ask for something along the lines of HDMI audio splitter, most game shops will know what you're on about. We sell hundreds of the bloody things.

ah okay, so how come this works and the other normal HDMI cable doesn't?! I don't really understand :P

I am trying to remember as we ran across this a lot when I worked at EB Games - I think it's the older generation 360s that didn't take this into account and that's why you can't plug in both at the same time. The newer model ones have a different placement.

Either that or it's the other way around.

Dragsy will know better.

Basically, the original video cable was bulky, so that you couldn't plug that in as well as HDMI (no need for two video outputs). I'm not sure if this was by design or just a happy coincidence for them the cables were around longer than HDMI consoles, but the HDMI ports could have been deliberately placed etc.

The audio splitter exists for things like headsets and some sound systems so that you can take the audio signal away from the HDMI, which usually handles both video and audio.

I think i've seen things where people pry off the plastic casing around the AV cable for the Xbox and that way it'd fit.

May be unrelated mind but might be worth looking up, could be a cheaper alternative than buying an extra thing. :shifty:

I think i've seen things where people pry off the plastic casing around the AV cable for the Xbox and that way it'd fit.

May be unrelated mind but might be worth looking up, could be a cheaper alternative than buying an extra thing. :shifty:

I've seen that somewhere, but I thought that was pretty risky and thought i'd be a good idea to look for alternatives first.. jeez, I'm running out of money D;

We do them for a fiver. Jesus.