EWB Minecraft Battle Royale (The Thread!)

Katsuya

I think there's definitely some kinks that need to be worked out, but this WAS kind of a beta type thing.

Main problems I found:

• We need a stock of food or to eliminate hunger somehow.
  • Maybe we should all start with at least a wooden sword? Have the chest at start stocked with lever, sword and a random item depending on where you start? Maybe a map too?
  • Some chests weren't stocked at all, some had crap. Need to make sure they've all got at least ONE thing worth having. Maybe two if the thing isn't a great help.
  • We're going to have to make chests with boats restocked. Maybe also remember to take a few boats with you, guys.
  • The Volcano needs a clear path up. I spent most of the game trying to climb it only to give up because I wasn't enjoying it thanks to that. I know we added some adventure type bits, like jump puzzles, but that wasn't really too fun.

I think it could be a hell of a lot of fun if we sort all this out though. People need to keep in mind that it's a different map than BR, so the game probably isn't going to be the same. I can see these games ending a lot quicker and with a few deaths at the start. I almost kind of wish we could set these games up so we have multiple lives and keep items at death.

Everytime I've been there it's diamonds in one and axe in the other. I know you go straight for that area because I've killed you near the start there a couple times. I haven't really had a chance to go there lately and see the loot, cause, you know, it's raided.

Oh stop moaning Kirkland. If it was really as big a problem as you made out, Kats would win every time. Which he doesn't. If it was random then it'd be as easy as finding it in the chest near school and win straight away.

I'm just a bit miffed that he's gotten me with it twice. Plus this round I was working a strategy of staying in tree lines so he couldn't just murder me with the bow, then when we get TP'ed I still find a way to dodge the arrows and he pulls out a freaking diamond sword when everyone I killed had stone swords.

It's just the luck of the draw and pecking order, man. Kats would've gotten better stuff from each person he killed, plus whatever he found himself. It sucks sometimes, but you can't win every time.

Well now that's just my mad skills, man! :P I've also been IN pretty much every game, so I've got a pretty good idea of where to go. I'm actually following the same pattern every game that no one seems to do. Which is odd, because it seems a really obvious one.

and break trees when you're not supposed to.

There are scripts to turn off block breaking and set exceptions for what blocks/items can be broken. Might be apt to add something like that to the maps if we're going to have Ruki around :P

There are scripts to turn off block breaking and set exceptions for what blocks/items can be broken. Might be apt to add something like that to the maps if we're going to have Ruki around :P

The rules say you need a axe for trees, shovel for dirt, etc...but it still lets you break stuff without!

Also, if people don't want me lighting things on fire, don't let me have flint and steel.

You can still break things otherwise but you're trusted not to. Also, in the map Flint and Steel is meant to light OTHER PLAYERS on fire.

I'm calling it now, Ruki will be the first one suspended from the server for breaking rules.

This sounds far less fun that I thought it would be. the last page is just Kirkland moaning about what a bunch of cheats you all are. You would think that in a real life situation people might set crap on fire and destroy things in a battle royal situation. I personally wouldn't as I am stupid and would end up setting myself on fire, but I might create a hidey hole by 'modifying' terrain.

Yes but we can't have people setting things on fire or else we can't reuse the map. And allowing people to dig hidey holes would be no fun because they could just hide all game and refuse to come out.

ADG has to completely reload the map and there has to be many separate backups so the items won't be in the exact same place every time. The way it is now he or the admin at the time can just type a single command that restocks all the chests with new loot and we can play again and again as long as no one has fucked the map up.

You can still break things otherwise but you're trusted not to. Also, in the map Flint and Steel is meant to light OTHER PLAYERS on fire.

I'm calling it now, Ruki will be the first one suspended from the server for breaking rules.

No one told me the breaking things was on a 'honor system' basis. :/

As for the Flint and Steel, yeah...no >_>

Are you guys doing one tonight? I have tomorrow off work so I can make my 8am start :D

And Quom, I had ADG whitelist another account I have (my babymama's). If you want and are able to make it on at that time, I could pm you the password and you could have a go at it.