EWR 2012 Stats Update: July ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

I honestly don't know the best way to handle the 3-6 point overness boost the promotion gives to its workers once it moves up a level. I just think it's weird that you have TNA as a global promotion when virtually none of its main eventers (real ones, not the guys like Hardy, Kurt, Sting, Hogan, or RVD... but the world title contenders like Roode, Aries, Storm, AJ, Joe, etc.) are over enough to support that. While, yes, they do broadcast internationally and have a prime time TV show, they aren't exactly housing global talent. I don't think the promotion is bigger than its stars, considering guys like Christian and Matt Morgan have left TNA because they wanted to be bigger stars in WWE.

The same goes for RoH... they have a late night syndicated TV show and none of their superstars are over enough to even be a main eventer in a national promotion. So I don't see how they're national. I hate arguing with you, Bill, but I'm just trying to lay it out to express my view point. This will probably be the last time, though, as I know how annoying it can be to sift through repeated points and thoughts... but I tried to lay it out as plainly as possible.

Has TNA ran shows in Mexico, no. TNA has sent guys to Mexico off and on since 2004. Has TNA done full blown shows in Canada? Plus TNA rarely runs in the western USA and sticks to the south and maybe the north east. Not sure. DGUSA and ROH have done shows in Canada as well though I would NOT see them anymore than cult.

ROH does NOT have a national tv deal. They only show the shows on the MyNetworks, CWs and Fox local stations that they own similar to Scripts owning ABC 15 in Phoenix and Gannett owning NBC 12 in Phoenix. There are A LOT of ground in the US ROH does not run. I don't remember many west coast shows.

IMO CZW, PWG and PWS should be regional promotions. They rarely run out of the general area they promote in.

First off, I don't really consider you voicing your opinions as "arguing." As long as everyoen is respectful (and, for the most part, usually aeveryone on here is) I have no problems with people voicing their opinions.

Regarding TNA: Let me ask this... If we'e bumping them down to a National Promotion, what image would you give them? Keep in mind that AAA and CMLL are at 57 and 54 image Nationally. also, keep in mind that anytime two promotions are National or above are within 40 image of each other, they are "at war" with each other in the game.

So, that means, to have TNA as a National Promotion, without having them "at war" with AAA and CMLL, you'd have to put TNA at a 98 image on the National level... I don't think anyone would think it's realistic to have TNA be "at war" with the two Mexican promotions, either. Setting TNA at 98 (or higher) on Nation seems really silly, considering that, after 1-2 weeks of gameplay, they'll be right back where they are currently, at 10 Global. alo, keep in mind that 40 is the MINIMUM gap... IMO, the gap should be closer to 50, to prevent the promotions from simply going to war a week or so into a new game.

The obvious solution would be to drop the image of AAA and CMLL. But, how far? If we're using a gap of 50, you're gonna have to drop AAA and CMLL down a bit for it to even make sense to put TNA on the National level. Again, there's not much sense in starting TNA out in the mid to high 90's in image.

The point is, it's pretty simple to just say "lower TNA to National." But, simply doing that means that other things will need to be adjusted to accomodate for it. I look at EWR as sort of a puzzle, where one piece can and does directly affect other pieces.

I'm not against dropping TNA down, nor am I against dropping ROH to Cult, but keep in mind, doing those things will affect other areas of the game.

Like I said before, I'm keeping the discussion regarding overnesses open until the 25th. Both TNA and ROH are represented in those overmnesses. Once I make the overness adjustments, I'll run a test and see how dropping TNA to national and dropping ROH to Cult would affect the newly adjusted overnesses. Then, we can go from there.

But again, keep in mind, I'm gonna need specifics on where ROH and TNA should be, image-wise, if we're gonna drop them and they'll have to fit into the "puzzle" correctly. Dropping TNA to National will certainly affect AAA and CMLL's image as well.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

I'd say AAA and CMLL could be right past the 10 marker, or right below (ROH also gets booted down to Cult in this scenario) and we could follow Mancuerda's idea for TNA (I think he said 50-60)

Here's the rub, though...

AAA and CMLL are "at war" with each other IRL... So, to be "at war" in the game (as we woud want to do in the name of realism) they'd have to be over that 10 image in National. IMO, they should also be above that 10 image enough that neither of them drop below it too soon after the game starts.

Putting AAA at 27 and CMLL at 24 National (in effect, dropping them both 30 points) would allow us to put TNA at 77 national and still have a 50 point gap, to prevent them from being at war with the Mexican companies. 32/29/82 would also be a possibility... Any higher or lower than that probably creates issues pretty early into a new game...

-Bill

I'd say AAA and CMLL could be right past the 10 marker, or right below (ROH also gets booted down to Cult in this scenario) and we could follow Mancuerda's idea for TNA (I think he said 50-60)

AAA and CMLL are "at war" with each other IRL... So, to be "at war" in the game (as we woud want to do in the name of realism) they'd have to be over that 10 image in National. IMO, they should also be above that 10 image enough that neither of them drop below it too soon after the game starts.

Putting AAA at 27 and CMLL at 24 National (in effect, dropping them both 30 points) would allow us to put TNA at 77 national and still have a 50 point gap, to prevent them from being at war with the Mexican companies. 32/29/82 would also be a possibility... Any higher or lower than that probably creates issues pretty early into a new game...

-Bill

I think either one of those would work, how much do you want the buffer to be for the lower of the 2, 10 points above the 10? (IE: 20)

Bill, if I remember correctly, national promotions only go to war with each other if they're in the same COUNTRY. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think TNA would be at war with anyone if they're at, say, 60% national. That's a 40% increase before they get to Global, which would take several months at least in theory, or could take longer if it's a tougher market, a higher difficulty setting, or injuries/signings by other promotions take place.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm wrong, lol.

Guest Team 720

-Bill

The problem is for what it is I would say TNA and AAA and CMLL are fairly in the same spot in exposure in their nation. The two Mexico promotions and TNA have fairly close attendance. The problems with except for the fact TNA is American and not in a war with AAA/CMLL like they would be in the game. I guess we could have TNA higher (due to the international exposure) but the problem lies with the fact if it is in the 80's you have the level increase and then the overness boost to go with it. I think even 75 could do that. I would put TNA at 70% awareness for a National promotion, AAA and CMLL at 25 and 23.

For ROH I would put it at 75 for cult. I would lower DGUSA's exposure to 50 (it is not as big as ROH and I would not put it with in 25 spots of ROH). CHIKARA is fine at 37. After looking at PWG I think 8 cult would be fine. CZW and PWS should both be lowered to Regional I would put CZW at 85 and PWS at 65.

• Like 2

Bill, if I remember correctly, national promotions only go to war with each other if they're in the same COUNTRY. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think TNA would be at war with anyone if they're at, say, 60% national. That's a 40% increase before they get to Global, which would take several months at least in theory, or could take longer if it's a tougher market, a higher difficulty setting, or injuries/signings by other promotions take place.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm wrong, lol.

I just finished starting a new game to test, dang it!

-Bill

The problem is for what it is I would say TNA and AAA and CMLL are fairly in the same spot in exposure in their nation. The two Mexico promotions and TNA have fairly close attendance. The problems with except for the fact TNA is American and not in a war with AAA/CMLL like they would be in the game. I guess we could have TNA higher (due to the international exposure) but the problem lies with the fact if it is in the 80's you have the level increase and then the overness boost to go with it. I think even 75 could do that. I would put TNA at 70% awareness for a National promotion, AAA and CMLL at 25 and 23.

For ROH I would put it at 75 for cult. I would lower DGUSA's exposure to 50 (it is not as big as ROH and I would not put it with in 25 spots of ROH). CHIKARA is fine at 37. After looking at PWG I think 8 cult would be fine. CZW and PWS should both be lowered to Regional I would put CZW at 85 and PWS at 65.

Hear, hear.

Well, to an extent. We run into the 50 point warring difference issue Bill likes in this case. I think 45 difference would be good enough though as you posit. What about lowering 25 and 23 to 22 and 20 so it's 70/22/20? Would that work for you and Bill? 48 points between TNA and the higher of the 2, and 10 points between the buffer and the lower number. Something around these lines though is perfect.

I could also flip Chikara and DGUSA, but it's not something I'd be married to.

Edited by notatardis

Guest Team 720

-Bill

Hear, hear.

Well, to an extent. We run into the 50 point warring difference issue Bill likes in this case. I think 45 difference would be good enough though as you posit. What about lowering 25 and 23 to 22 and 20 so it's 70/22/20? Would that work for you and Bill? 48 points between TNA and the higher of the 2, and 10 points between the buffer and the lower number. Something around these lines though is perfect.

I am fine with both as CHIKARA does promote more often than DGUSA or EVOLVE. CHIKARA averages having a show on two weekends each month.

Couple more guys to add to ECWA:

Cole Calloway:

Full Name: Cole Calloway

Shortened Name: Calloway

Birth Month: November-December (Sagittarius)

Weight: Lightweight

Wage: 6000

Speaks: Yes

Nationality: American

Finishers: Hello Crossbody (Impact) Fairy Go Round Slam (Impact)

Relationships: N/A

Alter Egos: Cole Callaway

Brawl: 47

Speed: 55

Technical: 58

Stiffness: 35

Selling: 44

Over: 24

Charisma: 58

Attitude: 90

Behavior: 90

Disposition: Lower Midcard Face

Gimmick: Fun Babyface

Other: N/A

Ricky Martinez:

Full Name: Ricky Martinez

Shortened Name: Martinez

Birth Month: December

Wage: 5000

Nationality: American

Finishers: Boston Crab (Submission) x2

Alter Egos: N/A

Brawl: 54

Speed: 48

Technical: 56

Stiffness: 52

Selling: 56

Over: 8

Charisma: 55

Attitude: 90

Behavior: 90

Disposition: Heel Opener

Gimmick: Ravishing

Other: Tick SS Look. Add a tag team called "Magnum Modeling Agency" w/ Danny E. 3 exp. Active.

-Make Asylum's birth month February and raise his age to 32.

-I think the alter ego entries for Danny E and Dan McGuire are the same. Crossover the missing alter ego entries to Danny E and add Danny Eckos and Dan Delaney as well.

-Make Mr. Ooh La La the ECWA Mid Atlantic Champion.

-Bill

Hear, hear.

I am fine with both as CHIKARA does promote more often than DGUSA or EVOLVE. CHIKARA averages having a show on two weekends each month.

The reason I suggested the 50 point buffer is because, at 40, they'd be going to "war" pretty much right off the bat. Giving them an extra 10 points ensures that it'll at least take a little while for the Mexican promotions to "catch up" and go to war with TNA. Also, with TNA gaining image (assuming they do) during that time, it should help extend the amount of time it takes to get the Mexican promotions within striking distance.

I'm fine with the above numbers. But again, I'm not going to make any sort of changes until the 25th and I get a chance to apply the overness ladder changes. after that's done, I'll run a test and see who all in TNA the change would affect.

In order to counter the level increase/overness boost when (and if) TNA goes to Global in the game, we'd likely reduce the entire TNA roster's overness by a set number. If the overness boost is between 3 and 6, I'm thinking dropping all of the overnesses by 5 would be a happy medium. The one exception to the overness drop for TNA would be Hulk Hogan. Reason being, he's gonna probably end up in the high 90's anyway... With the overness boost, he's probably gonna hit 100 and it's not like the boost would put him over the 100 mark.

Long story short, Hogan is gonna be close enough to 100 that the boost isn't going to really effect him, regardless.

Finally, I can't guarantee that any of ths is gonna get done this month. If I have time after applying the overness changes, we'll try to get it done, but if not, it'll have to wait until the September Update.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

I was thinking 5 myself, and we have to hit ROH's roster too I think. There might be a couple of guys in TNA who avoid the hit, Hogan being one of them, maybe Sting, but I haven't looked in depth enough yet.

Like I said, not even going to worry about drops until I get the new overnesses entered into the game. That won't be until Wednesday at the earliest.

The only reason I mentioned not dropping Hogan was due to the fact that he's going to be within a few points of 100 and the boost won't push anyone over 100, so he wouldn't be getting the full boost anyway.

In reality, though, if we're gonna drop everyone in TNA's overness by 5, it's probably best to drop Hogan's as well, so everything is consistent.

Any promotion being dropped from one size to a lower size would have everyone on their roster's overness dropped by 5 as well. The only reason I wouldn't do a drop is if it dropped them out of the overness needed for their card position. I really don't forsee that happening too often, if at all.

-Bill

it would be nice if thiswrestler could be added at the next update:

Noam Dar:

Full Name: Noam Dar

Shortened Name: Noam Dar

Infos: 175 cm (5' 9")& 77 kg (169 lbs)

Birth Month: 28.07.1993 (Tel Aviv, Israel)

Nationality: Israel

Finishers: ?

Brawl: 51

Speed: 70

Technical: 73

Stiffness: 32

Selling: 44

Over: 25

Charisma: 55