Wayne Rooney

Guest PlagueUK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PlagueUK

Plus they showed Moyes in the crowd at Old Trafford.

Maybe there to discuss the move?

I reckon they'll either up the bid or a player or two will be going in the opposite direction to Everton.

Guest PlagueUK

True, but if they really want him they might offload a young reserve striker or something.

I'm a bit shocked really cause Gill has been denying all week that they wouldn't make an offer, due to it being bad business for the club to invest so much in a player. Specially seeing as though they are extending Old Trafford.

I think it's just an attempt to make Newcastle have to spend more money on him. Although Rooney is a very talented player I think Manchester United have a strong enough attack as it is and dont need him same for Newcastle as well. I mean great as Rooney is could you see the guy start ahead of van Nistelrooy, Saha, Smith, Kluivert, Shearer or Bellamy?

Guest PlagueUK

Yeah but if Utd want to Challenge for the title and Europe they will need him as a fourth striker. Plus just think how much he'll develop at Utd.

PLus Sir Alex has has to come in now form the intrest from Newcastle. They were going to wait till January and try and get a cut price for the lad. But obviously if Newcastle keep putting in firm bids, Everton won't be able to refuse. As well As Man U.

If Rooney goes to Man Utd, it'll be £20million plus Diego Forlan. They've been trying to offload him for a while.

He needs to stay at Everton. If he goes to Man Utd, he'll get burned out and completely mess himself up and then there will be another promising player fucked over. If he goes to Newcastle, he'll get a big head and get burned out and mess up and again, fucked over.

Everton would be dumb to sell him willingly. Although Rooney probably wants to go as it is. Stupid muppet. If I was David Moyles, I would have loaned him to a lower league club for a season or two when he was younger to help him appreciate everything more.

Bristol Rovers would have been a great choice :shifty:

Forlan has already gone, to Levante if memory serves. I doubt Moyes would want Bellion, and now Butt has gone and Solskaer (sp?) is injured, Man Utd don't have that many players we would realistically get for Rooney. Moyes has said if he doesn't get the offer he wants for Rooney, then he will stay, and see out his contract. That offer is probably around £25 - 27 million, so it's still some way off from United, and even if Newcastle did meet the value, I can't see Rooney wanting to go there. As I type, they are 1 - 1 with Norwich, and until they get at least 2 centre backs, they won't move forward.

I expect Rooney to leave, but not now. January would be better for Everton, as Moyes would have more time to spend whatever money is received wisely, and the reaction his move may be less, as Everton fans would have had time to accept it, as there are a few who still think he will never leave.

Forlan has already gone, to Levante if memory serves.  I doubt Moyes would want Bellion, and now Butt has gone and Solskaer (sp?) is injured, Man Utd don't have that many players we would realistically get for Rooney.  Moyes has said if he doesn't get the offer he wants for Rooney, then he will stay, and see out his contract.  That offer is probably around £25 - 27 million, so it's still some way off from United, and even if Newcastle did meet the value, I can't see Rooney wanting to go there.  As I type, they are 1 - 1 with Norwich, and until they get at least 2 centre backs, they won't move forward.

I expect Rooney to leave, but not now.  January would be better for Everton, as Moyes would have more time to spend whatever money is received wisely, and the reaction his move may be less, as Everton fans would have had time to accept it, as there are a few who still think he will never leave.

I hope to god he doesn't come to Newcastle. We're already over loaded with strikers (Shearer/Bellamy/Kluivert are all in first team contention, and Bellamy is playing the best out of the lot and they can hardly drop Shearer, there'd be uproar amongst the fans) and we've got Chopra and Ameobi who I don't see ready for the first team yet (Even though Ameobi improved leaps and bounds after playing some of last season).

Newcastle need centre backs, Aaron Hughes is alright and a solid defender, but Andy O'Brien is the biggest sack of shite i've ever seen, tonight he gave Norwich the draw, not only did he play them onside once, he played them onside twice. Once from the cross and once from the rebound. For fucks sake.

[/stops hijacking threads by rambling about something completely different]

We definately do not need Rooney. I dont particularly want him either. I mean Smith is awesome at the moment and he can't be left out and you don't leave out Van Nistelrooy so Rooney will spend his time on the bench keeping Saha out who'll then want to leave. So no, we'll pass on that one.

I agree with Whisper. We don't need him. Smith's on top form, so is Bellion. Saha is coming back and if we are stuck we can play Scholes or Giggs up front or even Ronaldo.

OBTW Forlan has gone to Villareal by the way not Levante.

That offer is probably around £25 - 27 million, so it's still some way off from United, and even if Newcastle did meet the value, I can't see Rooney wanting to go there.  As I type, they are 1 - 1 with Norwich, and until they get at least 2 centre backs, they won't move forward.