Wayne Rooney

Guest PlagueUK

Im abit confused aswell, i heard on Sky Sports News today that Newcastle are believed to have made an offer worth £23.5M.

Why is Man Utd bidding for him, they have Bellion who is good plus RVN, Saha and Alan Smith plus Scholes and Giggs could play there if they were desperate

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some people are forgetting that Rooney is 18 years old. He has lots and lots of time to improve. There isn't the need to play him from the start at a team like Man Utd. Someone like Alex Ferguson will be able to nuture Rooney and make him an even better player. Need I mention the batch of Utd youngsters that have gone on to make the Utd squad of today? Look at what they have achieved, if Ferguson can do the same with Rooney he will be world class. At Newcaslte too he will be able to progress alongside experienced strikers like Sherear and Kluivert. Plus at Newcastle they will need a replacement for Sherear soon and lets be honest here, when was the last time Ameobi or Chopra scored 4 goals in a European Championships? They will be good players too but Rooney is something special.

Guest Red Devil

Everton have officialy rejected both Man U's 20 million bid and Newcastle's 23.5 million bid.

As a Man Utd fan i'd love to see Rooney come here, he will turn into a great player under the tutelage of Fergie and he might not even play in strike. The role that Eric Cantona used to play for us can be filled perfectly by Rooney and he'll probably be brought into the game like Ronaldo was last season and it'll take him a few years to get his spot in the team and when Ruud retires which will be in 2008, that's when he said, Rooney will be hitting his peak and ready to take over as United's main hitman.

It'll also give us 4 strikers like we had in 99 with 4 world class strikers. Hopefully we get him before the deadline.

Guest PlagueUK

This will go past the deadline, neither team will up to the 30 everton want, however it'll start again in january when they hope Rooney will have played well up till then and they think they'll gte the 30 million for him.

Wayne wants to go to Man United, it's only a matter of time really.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foo...rem/3592494.stm

Rooney demands transfer

Career statistics: Wayne Rooney

Everton's Wayne Rooney has handed in a transfer request as Newcastle and Manchester United fight out a £25m battle for his signature.

Manchester United are expected to make an increased bid on Friday after Newcastle had a £23.5m offer rejected.

Everton insisted Rooney make his request to leave Goodison Park formal before sanctioning his departure.

And reports on Merseyside are suggesting Rooney now favours Newcastle ahead of an Old Trafford switch.

The 18-year-old England striker said: "I hope Everton's fans will understand my decision."

"This has been one of the hardest decisions of my life but I feel the time is now right for me to move forward with my career.

"The Euros were a fantastic experience for me. It made me realise I could play at the highest level.

"To do that I need to be with a club that is playing in Europe every year. I hope the Everton fans can come to understand my decision and I hope the transfer fee Everton Football Club receive will help the club move forward.

"The Everton fans have always been fantastic in their support of me. I hope they respect my decision and I also hope that some day in the future I could be welcomed back to watch the team I have supported since boyhood."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson earlier revealed his desire to land Rooney and believes he remains in pole position ahead of Newcastle.

But Newcastle remain confident, and it is understood that a move to St James' Park appeals strongly to Rooney, although Ferguson can be expected to conduct a fierce fight to land him.

"We have made our intentions clear we would like the boy," said Ferguson.

Rooney scored four goals for England at Euro 2004 as he emerged as one of the stars of the tournament before he suffered the foot injury in the quarter-final to Portugal from which he is still recovering.

Ferguson added on MUTV: "Rooney's a fabulous player - he showed that at Euro 2004 - and is a young player."

"He's not the finished article yet, but we've got experience of bringing young players to the club and bringing them on."

But it has also been reported that Newcastle are willing to go as high as £28m to land England's star of Euro 2004.

Rooney has so far refused to sign a new five-year contract worth £50,000-a-week and it is now increasingly likely Everton will have to sell their prize asset.

But Everton chairman Bill Kenwright insists a decision is down to manager David Moyes.

"Whatever happens with the sale, if it happens, it will be down to the manager," he said. "It's the manager's final decision."

He added: "I would love him to be at Everton when he's a granddad. I can't tell you if he will be at Everton next week.

"We don't need to sell Wayne Rooney, we do not need to sell him."

Newcastle boss Sir Bobby Robson admitted he was in the dark over his club's bid.

But he came under fire from Everton manager David Moyes, who insisted Rooney was worth much more than Chelsea's £24m star Didier Drogba

------------------------------------------

It was also on SKy Sports news. I think he will have moved club by Sunday, probablly to Manchester United also.

What an idiot. He's just lost everyone's respect.

This has been one of the hardest decisions of my life but I feel the time is now right for me to move forward with my career.

Shit, you're 18 years old! The time is right my ass! It's ALL about money for him. If he had ANY sense of loyalty to Everton, he would be there for at least 2 more years. My respect for this stupid boy just went way down.

I hate that bastard. Fergie you're off your rocker if you sell Bellion. 2 goals in 2 games fro christ's sake. What has Rooney done score a couple of goals and he's suddenly worth 30m. Then he goes and spends his money on hookers. That's the kind of publicity we don't need right now. Also we've got 4 strikers already.

RVD, Smith, Saha, Bellion.

The papers say Bellion will go with the cash to Everton, but I still don't see it happening. Bellion has really started going somewhere as of late for United and they don't need to throw away a half decent player who is getting better and better by the minute. I don't care as it wont effect me, but seriously Ferguson needs to say fuck Rooney the over rated piece of crap. United were pure amazing with Cole and Yorke years back and they never cost that much and they were never rated so greatly, so that proves you don't need over rated guys to win trophies. Stick to Nistelrooy and Smith instead of making United slip even further than they are now.

I hate that bastard. Fergie you're off your rocker if you sell Bellion. 2 goals in 2 games fro christ's sake. What has Rooney done score a couple of goals and he's suddenly worth 30m. Then he goes and spends his money on hookers. That's the kind of publicity we don't need right now. Also we've got 4 strikers already.

RVD, Smith, Saha, Bellion.

Shay Given has come out and said he'd prefer Newcastle to focus on signing a centre back because their ranks a very thin.

Gotta agree. Neither team *really* need the little brat, but he'd be best to move to Man Utd for obvious reasons.

But Bellion has only begun to kick it up a notch recently. Compared to what Rooney has shown for a while, form is on Wayne's side. Saying that though, Rooney is a cockjockey. Not because he's leaving Everton, but because he's so concerned for his "career". What happened to people playing for the love of the sport? Shaun Wright-Phillips - perfect example. He plays for the love of playing. He just signed with Man City for another 4 years just so he can be assured of playing in a good system he enjoys. That is what's lost on the players of today (god I sound old :shifty: ) - they are more concerned with their careers than doing what they love.

Still, I'd rather see Rooney go to Newcastle. At Man Utd he'll get a big ego. And one ugly twat is enough - at Man Utd you'd have Rooney, Gary Neville AND Phil Neville. It's enough to blind you.

Plus Robson would be a better influence. Fergueson's an arrogant cunt. And he's losing it. And... uh....

I suppose hating Man Utd wouldn't be much of an argument, would it?

Ah fuck it - Man Utd suck. Everton should loan Rooney to Bristol Rovers :shifty:

Still, I'd rather see Rooney go to Newcastle. At Man Utd he'll get a big ego. And one ugly twat is enough - at Man Utd you'd have Rooney, Gary Neville AND Phil Neville. It's enough to blind you.

Plus Robson would be a better influence. Fergueson's an arrogant cunt. And he's losing it. And... uh....

I suppose hating Man Utd wouldn't be much of an argument, would it?

Ah fuck it - Man Utd suck. Everton should loan Rooney to Bristol Rovers :shifty: