NHL 13

Ruki

Dragsy, AD, Kurt... ASSEMBLE!

I have tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday off so we should all play.

You're very mean.

Last I remember you were all "NHL :angry: BIH"! Are you going to be the RD now that Dragsy decided to play forward?

Perhaps. Look forward to my inability to use any form of defence other than 'smash the fucker into the glass', of which I expect a 75% chance of being deked out, allowing the forward a free run at our goalie.

What's really annoying though is you spend more time 'simming to next shift' in BAP then playing for christ sake. Every whistle you get taken off the ice, regardless of whether you literally just stepped off the bench or not. It also loves to murder your +/- rating, and throw you out right as the other team is scoring a goal. I just love the hard work EA has put into this game.

I think the game literally tells you in your first game that you have to earn your ice time by playing the way that the team wants you to.

No shit, I'm not new to this series. I'm also the 1st line C, so it's not like I'm complaining about the minutes a 4th line C plays.

What I'm saying is you can get put onto the ice, take ONE STRIDE down the ice and a goalie happens to cover the puck. The ensuing faceoff, you're right back on the bench and simming to your next shift. Or, you win a face off to your D-Man in the offensive zone, he shoots, goalie covers, and you're back on the bench simming to your next shift.

Take your attitude and shove it. I'm playing first line center as well and I get a shit ton of ice time. Sometimes I get pulled off the ice a bit too soon - or so it feels, and I'm back simming to my next shift.. which averages to be about less than two minutes later. I've had zero problems with ice time. Fuck with the sliders to make your fatigue recover faster if you're not getting put out soon enough - that might work, I suppose. I don't know where the problem is coming from, I just don't see it.

I'll gladly shove my attitude as soon as you realize you gave me attitude first. Lucky you that it seems to be working fine for you, but how about I direct you to the tons of people on the EA forums having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM AS ME. Luckily they've fixed every shift starting with a faceoff, so hopefully they can do something about this too.

This is a weird Be A Pro thing - 1/3 of my shifts, I'm coming on ice as a replacement and the puck is sitting behind the other side's net and no one is making a move for it.

Oh, what's that, not working fine for you? Forgot to mention that was one of EA's other fuck ups with this game.

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

I'm not big into BAP, but I am a two way centre. Got drafted first by the Sens, and it looks like I have a spot on the big club after the preseason. The only annoying thing - they traded Alfredsson during the preseason. What the heck, Sens?

Wow, I'm guessing that Coach MacLean is trying to get fired. He has me on the first line between Michalek and Latendresse, and Spezza centering line two. What the heck?

Edited by Toe

What's really annoying though is you spend more time 'simming to next shift' in BAP then playing for christ sake. Every whistle you get taken off the ice, regardless of whether you literally just stepped off the bench or not. It also loves to murder your +/- rating, and throw you out right as the other team is scoring a goal. I just love the hard work EA has put into this game.

I think the game literally tells you in your first game that you have to earn your ice time by playing the way that the team wants you to.

No shit, I'm not new to this series. I'm also the 1st line C, so it's not like I'm complaining about the minutes a 4th line C plays.

What I'm saying is you can get put onto the ice, take ONE STRIDE down the ice and a goalie happens to cover the puck. The ensuing faceoff, you're right back on the bench and simming to your next shift. Or, you win a face off to your D-Man in the offensive zone, he shoots, goalie covers, and you're back on the bench simming to your next shift.

Take your attitude and shove it. I'm playing first line center as well and I get a shit ton of ice time. Sometimes I get pulled off the ice a bit too soon - or so it feels, and I'm back simming to my next shift.. which averages to be about less than two minutes later. I've had zero problems with ice time. Fuck with the sliders to make your fatigue recover faster if you're not getting put out soon enough - that might work, I suppose. I don't know where the problem is coming from, I just don't see it.

I'll gladly shove my attitude as soon as you realize you gave me attitude first. Lucky you that it seems to be working fine for you, but how about I direct you to the tons of people on the EA forums having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM AS ME. Luckily they've fixed every shift starting with a faceoff, so hopefully they can do something about this too.

This is a weird Be A Pro thing - 1/3 of my shifts, I'm coming on ice as a replacement and the puck is sitting behind the other side's net and no one is making a move for it.

Oh, what's that, not working fine for you? Forgot to mention that was one of EA's other fuck ups with this game.

What I have is a minor glitch.

What you have is a giant vagina that bleeds every time your precious time isn't spent scoring goals in a hockey video game.

• Like 4

My vagina bleeds when I don't score goals too.

Anyway...looks like my coach actually made a good call. After one period against Montreal, we are up 3-0. I've got two good assists already, and I think I have good chemistry with my line mates.

I love this game so much! The first sports game ever that I can create and play as me! The announcer still says "he" when I do stuff but I'll take it! :P

A couple Hockey questions though. I got offsides a couple times and my coach told me to watch it, but I dont understand what it is. Also I had a thing where it said we need to "work the halfboards during the power play". What the heck does that mean? I know what a power play is, but working the halfboards??

I love this game so much! The first sports game ever that I can create and play as me! The announcer still says "he" when I do stuff but I'll take it! :P

A couple Hockey questions though. I got offsides a couple times and my coach told me to watch it, but I dont understand what it is. Also I had a thing where it said we need to "work the halfboards during the power play". What the heck does that mean? I know what a power play is, but working the halfboards??

The half boards means the area near the face off dots along the boards. I play as a centre, all I do on most powerplays is win the draw then go to the front of the net for a screen or tip ins.

Offsides means you can't enter the offensive zone before the puck.