NHL 13

Ruki

Ok so like I said I played a HUT game and got dominated pretty much. This was on Pro difficulty. Then I played my first game of Be a Star or whatever it's called on Rookie difficulty and we won 15-0. Is that just because CHL is easier? Or is Rookie probably too easy and I should just play the other one even though it was frustrating?

That is Dragsy defence 101! We will be a perfect pairing.

Or it would be if you'd figure out it's your OWN zone you're supposed to be defending.

But yeah, I'm hopping on in a sec to set the team up. I had already started, but got pissed off and ragequit when I found they hadn't touched ANY of the team creation options.

Ok so like I said I played a HUT game and got dominated pretty much. This was on Pro difficulty. Then I played my first game of Be a Star or whatever it's called on Rookie difficulty and we won 15-0. Is that just because CHL is easier? Or is Rookie probably too easy and I should just play the other one even though it was frustrating?

If its anything like the last game it might be worth playing in Pro and experimenting with the slider settings.

What I have is a minor glitch.

What you have is a giant vagina that bleeds every time your precious time isn't spent scoring goals in a hockey video game.

Rather, what I have is a giant vagina that bleeds when I've spent good money on a clearly unfinished game, and a douche like you tries telling me it's not broken.

To add to the 'great work' that EA's done, beside's that issue..

-I, among others on the EA forums, haven't received our pre-order bonuses, despite entering our codes and them now being invalid.

-Online has/had insane video frame-rate issues (not just lag, literal frame rate issues. I say has/had as I expect this to be fixed if it's not already)

-Visual settings seems to not be saved/not load at times, causing you to reset them. (Minor irritation compared to the rest, especially if you haven't changed them then you wouldn't notice.)

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

Finally getting the hang of this, had a hell of a game against Montreal, won 4-3, with all the goals coming in the third, with Montreal scoring their last goal with seconds left.

Then I beat Columbus 3-0, with Fleury making some great saves. I just gotta get better with my defense, because we give them too many chances.

Anyone got any tips for the power play? I get a bunch of shots in but haven't scored as of late.

What I have is a minor glitch.

What you have is a giant vagina that bleeds every time your precious time isn't spent scoring goals in a hockey video game.

Rather, what I have is a giant vagina that bleeds when I've spent good money on a clearly unfinished game, and a douche like you tries telling me it's not broken.

-I, among others on the EA forums, haven't received our pre-order bonuses, despite entering our codes and them now being invalid.

-Online has/had insane video frame-rate issues (not just lag, literal frame rate issues. I say has/had as I expect this to be fixed if it's not already)

-Visual settings seems to not be saved/not load at times, causing you to reset them. (Minor irritation compared to the rest, especially if you haven't changed them then you wouldn't notice.)

You do realise this is an EA title, right?

Unfortunately, I know. :( I don't remember NHL12 being this buggy though when it came out, so I gotta give them soooome credit.. last year. This year, I'm all aboard the Fuck EA train.

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

I put on the recent Winter Classic with the Rangers/Flyers in order to get that acheivement and check out that whole thing in general really, I didn't have last years so didn't get to try it then. Are they playing in a baseball stadium there?

Anyway, stuck it on all star to get some practice in for the GM Connected league. Went down 0-1 within a minute but quickly tied it up and then took the lead. Held off on one power play but they scored on another. Managed to go 3-2 ahead and then scored a 4th when they pulled their goalie. So, yay! Maybe this will prove a good omen on my chances in the league.

:angry:

Won my first UT game easily in the Rookie tourney, move onto the second one, game kicks me out in the loading screen and it's a loss!

Up yours, servers.

Also, there's a guy on my team called Asham who I always misread as Apsham. Score me some goals, Apsham!

So after almost a week to playing. I stand by my original opinion that the skating resembles a bunch of first timer, mixed with several fast players. Would probably make a good game with rosters in the 70's 80's and 90's. I'm happy they tried something new with the skating, but it definitely has it's flaws. It's less realistic then NHL12. The turns are just too wide.

Loving the in the moments. Playing Goalie seems to be better. You don't move as much, so you're not taken out of position like NHL12. I haven't really started GM mode yet. I created it but haven't played a game. I never got into HUT - may give that a chance. I did a tournament on ALL STAR with Canada. Tied my first game, lost by second game, then blew out the remaining teams.

Where the heck is backup goalie on Ultimate Team? Is says my backup goalie is out of contract but I don't see one. I just see my normal goalie and the benched ones and they all have contract time remaining...

Nevermind, found it. :shifty: