EWR 2012 Stats Update: August ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Although I disagree with TNA not being Global, another solid update from you, so thank you.

Just a note for everyone:

Before I dropped TNA to National, I adjusted all of the overnesses that were on the overness ladder discussion. After I dropped TNA to National, my fear was that there would be some workers that would need to be adjusted, card-position wise, due to their overnesses.

However, once I dropped them, there weren't any workers that had this issue. In short, what this means is that all of the overnesses that we currently have for TNA workers, they will work if TNA is at a National or Global level.

The thing I'm wondering is, when TNA goes from National go Global in a game, will the workers' overnesses get a boost or not? Perhaps the boosting only occurs when needed to get the worker within the range of the card position he has...?

If they do, I would argue that TNA should go back onto the Global level, so that that boost doesn't occur.

If they don't, that would tell me that it doesn't really matter if we bump TNA's image up, as Kris suggested, since the workers won't be getting a boost anyway.

The only way we're gonna find out would be to run a test and see what happens... I might be able to do it in the not-too-distant future, but if someone else can do it quicker, by all means, feel free.

My thought would be, while running a test, the smart thing to do would be to autobook everything, so that an overness doesn't changes based on booking something.

Any other opinions on this are welcome.

In ROH's case, there were only 2 workers that needed adjusted and it was a pretty slight adjustment... So slight that I honestly don't remember what was changed.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Bill

Long time Member, first time user. Just wanted to say a huge thanks for the time spent on the updates, after years of doing it myself every few months you can imagine the relief and certain frustration at finding a forum dedicated to the maintenance of one of my favourite past times.

In terms of the rankings of the organisations arguement, as a British member of the forum I can understand both view points especially in regards to TNA, but does (at times) partially filling relatively small arenas and bouncing around on some of the lesser know digital channels really warrant putting them in the same bracket as WWE. IMO as someone that plays predominantly as TNA enjoy having that extra length of time building up the organisation and focusing on my own product rather than suddenly finding myself in a ratings war with WWE and not being able to nurture more home grown stars, etc.

If all else fails guys and it truly is that much of an issue the game does have an editor and most of us use Hex Editors, to paraphrase a biblical quote "Bill helps those that help themselves".

Although before I get ahead of myself and appear to only be posting to hero worship, I do have to question one small detail. As stated, avid TNA fan, and predominantly play with this organisation in the game. One of my biggest names to focus and build around is Matt Morgan and have noticed that he has been removed. I understand all the contract stuff that was going on and the comments/interest re. WWE, but has he actually left the company? Not the best source I know, but he's still on the roster page on TNA's website and found an interesting article the other day that made mention of his name in the Aces and Eights situation?

source: eWrestlingNews

Chris Jericho stated during an interview with Iconvsicon.com that "he will be done with the WWE" on August 14 when "Sin and Bones" by Fozzy—his band—is released. <br style=color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); ">"I came back to the WWE and as of August 14, 2012, when "Sin and Bones" comes out, we go on the road with the Uproar Tour. At that time, I am done with the WWE and it is full-time with Fozzy until the album cycle and touring is done," he states during an interview promoting the album.

Remove Chris Jericho from WWE.

-Rename Nathan Rulez to Nathan Graves. Lower his brawl to 55, raise his speed to 35 and technical to 36. Add Nathan Tanquary as an alter ego. Tick Menacing and change his gimmick to Demon.

-Change Ricochet's birthmonth to October and raise his age to 23.

-Change Sean Brennan's birthmonth to August and raise his age to 27. Tick trainer. Add Sean Maxer Brennan and Sean Burnett to his alter egos. Give him a loyalty to Prince Devitt and Paul Tracey.

I thought the idea was, that if they get that boost when they move up, we would simply lower them all by 5 points now so when they go global, their numbers would be accurate?

Doing something like that was discussed, but dropping all of TNA's over by 5 could potentially drop some workers out of the range that they need to be in to be at a certain card position. That would mean not only dropping the worker down 5 points overness at the start of the game, but also dropping them down the card.

I suppose we could run a test to see who it affects (if anyone) but that seems like an awful lot of adjusting to do when we could simply set TNA at a very low Global level and not have to worry about doing all of that.

For anyone interested, I just ran the test I mentioned earlier and these are the results. Besides Hogan and Muhammed Lawal, every worker did receive a boost, between 3-7 points. Hogan didn't, due to being at 100 already and Lawal didn't, due to being in development. So, we now know the boost only happens to workers not in development:

Abyss - 82 89

AJ Styles - 87 90

Al Snow - 64 71

Alex Silva - 26 30

Austin Aries - 83 87

Bobby Roode - 86 92

Brooke Hogan - 61 68

Bully Ray - 83 88

Chavo Guerrero - 68 73

Chris Sabin - 74 79

Christopher Daniels - 76 81

Christy Hemme - 62 69

Crimson - 66 70

D'Angelo Dinero - 74 81

Devon - 79 82

Dixie Carter - 68 72

Douglas Williams - 72 77

Eric Bischoff - 83 89

Eric Young - 74 80

Gail Kim - 67 72

Garett Bischoff - 54 59

Gunner - 66 72

Hector Guerrero - 57 61

Hernandez - 72 78

Hulk Hogan - 100 100

James Storm - 82 85

Jeff Hardy - 93 99

Jeff Jarrett - 86 90

Jeremy Borash - 61 68

Jesse Sorensen - 52 59

Joey Ryan - 57 61

Karen Jarrett - 67 70

Kazarian - 74 79

Kid Kash - 62 65

Kurt Angle - 94 98

Madison Rayne - 66 69

Magnus - 69 75

Mickie James - 76 81

Miss Tessmacher - 61 67

Mr. Anderson - 86 89

Muhammed Lawal - 38 38

ODB - 67 72

Rob Van Dam - 89 95

Robbie E - 67 72

Robbie T - 64 71

Rosita - 46 52

Samoa Joe - 84 89

Sarah Stock - 54 61

So Cal Val - 54 61

Sting - 92 97

Taeler Hendrix - 36 42

Tara - 71 75

Taz - 69 75

Winter - 64 71

Zema Ion - 62 69

It looks like the boost the worker gets depends on what overness they currently have and how it relates to their card position... Makes it really tough to predict who's gonna get a 3 point boost and who would get a 7 point boost.

Again, we could drop everyone 5 points to start off, but that could possibly cause more problems in where they should be on the card.

We bump them to a low Global, there's no boost to worry about and no need to mess with the overnesses, card positions, etc.

So, long story short, we got 3 options:

1: Leave everything as is and just accept the boost as part of the game.

2: Bump TNA to a low global and not have to worry about adjusting overnesses or card positions at all.

3: Drop everyone 5 points and run the risk of having to adjust card positions to compensate. Keep in mind, this would also be a bit of a disadvantage for anyone playing as TNA until they hit the Global level.

IMO, options 1 and 2 are probably the best ones. Option 3 could cause more problems and would really be inaccurate until the player hit Global level. If the player didn't play as TNA, it would in effect put TNA on a lower level than they really should be, when it comes to overnesses and card positions.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Speaking of Hogan, I noticed that you can't use him (or Eric Bischoff) on Impact, due to both of them being Non-Wrestlers. To be honest, I don't watch TNA too often, so I'm not sure, but shouldn't these two have authority gimmicks, at least so that they can be used on Imapct shows? Hogan and Bischoff are on Impact regularly, right...?

-Bill

Although before I get ahead of myself and appear to only be posting to hero worship, I do have to question one small detail. As stated, avid TNA fan, and predominantly play with this organisation in the game. One of my biggest names to focus and build around is Matt Morgan and have noticed that he has been removed. I understand all the contract stuff that was going on and the comments/interest re. WWE, but has he actually left the company? Not the best source I know, but he's still on the roster page on TNA's website and found an interesting article the other day that made mention of his name in the Aces and Eights situation?

Well, he's still on the TNA website's roster page, but then again, so are Ric Flair and Velvet Sky.

Short answer, I'm not personally 100% sure of his contract situation, but agai n, I don''t really watch or follow TNA, so I can about guarantee the reason that I removed him is because someone posted in the monthly threads that he was no longer with TNA.

My question would be, when was his last appearance on TNA? If it's been a while, why would they not be using him, unless of course, he wasn't contracted to them anymore?

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Guest Team 720

Bill

Long time Member, first time user. Just wanted to say a huge thanks for the time spent on the updates, after years of doing it myself every few months you can imagine the relief and certain frustration at finding a forum dedicated to the maintenance of one of my favourite past times.

In terms of the rankings of the organisations arguement, as a British member of the forum I can understand both view points especially in regards to TNA, but does (at times) partially filling relatively small arenas and bouncing around on some of the lesser know digital channels really warrant putting them in the same bracket as WWE. IMO as someone that plays predominantly as TNA enjoy having that extra length of time building up the organisation and focusing on my own product rather than suddenly finding myself in a ratings war with WWE and not being able to nurture more home grown stars, etc.

If all else fails guys and it truly is that much of an issue the game does have an editor and most of us use Hex Editors, to paraphrase a biblical quote "Bill helps those that help themselves".

Even when TNA is on a more known channel in America, they have 1/5th of WWE's ratings. WWE gets 2.5's and TNA gets .5's now. I honestly don't think they are global by this. If not, WWE should be at 100 or something.

I thought the idea was, that if they get that boost when they move up, we would simply lower them all by 5 points now so when they go global, their numbers would be accurate?

Doing something like that was discussed, but dropping all of TNA's over by 5 could potentially drop some workers out of the range that they need to be in to be at a certain card position. That would mean not only dropping the worker down 5 points overness at the start of the game, but also dropping them down the card.

I suppose we could run a test to see who it affects (if anyone) but that seems like an awful lot of adjusting to do when we could simply set TNA at a very low Global level and not have to worry about doing all of that.

For anyone interested, I just ran the test I mentioned earlier and these are the results. Besides Hogan and Muhammed Lawal, every worker did receive a boost, between 3-7 points. Hogan didn't, due to being at 100 already and Lawal didn't, due to being in development. So, we now know the boost only happens to workers not in development:

Abyss - 82 89

AJ Styles - 87 90

Al Snow - 64 71

Alex Silva - 26 30

Austin Aries - 83 87

Bobby Roode - 86 92

Brooke Hogan - 61 68

Bully Ray - 83 88

Chavo Guerrero - 68 73

Chris Sabin - 74 79

Christopher Daniels - 76 81

Christy Hemme - 62 69

Crimson - 66 70

D'Angelo Dinero - 74 81

Devon - 79 82

Dixie Carter - 68 72

Douglas Williams - 72 77

Eric Bischoff - 83 89

Eric Young - 74 80

Gail Kim - 67 72

Garett Bischoff - 54 59

Gunner - 66 72

Hector Guerrero - 57 61

Hernandez - 72 78

Hulk Hogan - 100 100

James Storm - 82 85

Jeff Hardy - 93 99

Jeff Jarrett - 86 90

Jeremy Borash - 61 68

Jesse Sorensen - 52 59

Joey Ryan - 57 61

Karen Jarrett - 67 70

Kazarian - 74 79

Kid Kash - 62 65

Kurt Angle - 94 98

Madison Rayne - 66 69

Magnus - 69 75

Mickie James - 76 81

Miss Tessmacher - 61 67

Mr. Anderson - 86 89

Muhammed Lawal - 38 38

ODB - 67 72

Rob Van Dam - 89 95

Robbie E - 67 72

Robbie T - 64 71

Rosita - 46 52

Samoa Joe - 84 89

Sarah Stock - 54 61

So Cal Val - 54 61

Sting - 92 97

Taeler Hendrix - 36 42

Tara - 71 75

Taz - 69 75

Winter - 64 71

Zema Ion - 62 69

It looks like the boost the worker gets depends on what overness they currently have and how it relates to their card position... Makes it really tough to predict who's gonna get a 3 point boost and who would get a 7 point boost.

Again, we could drop everyone 5 points to start off, but that could possibly cause more problems in where they should be on the card.

We bump them to a low Global, there's no boost to worry about and no need to mess with the overnesses, card positions, etc.

So, long story short, we got 3 options:

1: Leave everything as is and just accept the boost as part of the game.

2: Bump TNA to a low global and not have to worry about adjusting overnesses or card positions at all.

3: Drop everyone 5 points and run the risk of having to adjust card positions to compensate. Keep in mind, this would also be a bit of a disadvantage for anyone playing as TNA until they hit the Global level.

IMO, options 1 and 2 are probably the best ones. Option 3 could cause more problems and would really be inaccurate until the player hit Global level. If the player didn't play as TNA, it would in effect put TNA on a lower level than they really should be, when it comes to overnesses and card positions.

-Bill

I say we accept 1 because WWE has five times the audience of TNA in America. Plus, let's face it, there would a boost from becoming national to global due to being known in more places.

Well, he's still on the TNA website's roster page, but then again, so are Ric Flair and Velvet Sky.

Short answer, I'm not personally 100% sure of his contract situation, but agai n, I don''t really watch or follow TNA, so I can about guarantee the reason that I removed him is because someone posted in the monthly threads that he was no longer with TNA.

My question would be, when was his last appearance on TNA? If it's been a while, why would they not be using him, unless of course, he wasn't contracted to them anymore?

-Bill

Matt Morgan's contract ended and both TNA and Dragon Gate USA are historically known for having issues keeping up with their roster pages. Morgan last wrestled for TNA back in May.

• Like 1

Bill, if you want, I'll take down my notes of the before and after in my game. It was all auto booked, likes yours was I presume.

Feel free to, though I'm starting to think that, in the end, we probably should just accept the boost as a part of the game... Otherwise, why would we stop at adjusting everythng for TNA? 30-some other promotions, if they raise in their size during the game, would be getting this boost as well. Seems to be just too mch trouble to worry about for what really amounts to a minimal boost that pretty much every promotion in the game could end up getting, and getting multiple times if they jump more than one size during gameplay.

Also, to be fair, in the test I ran, I adjusted TNA's Image to 99, so that I could see the boost pretty much immediately. Starting at 73 National and booking shows, PPV's, etc would likely net a different result when the player got to Global, because overnesses would go up (and maybe down) between the start and when they hit Global. I adjusted the game so that there was really no time to adjust the overneses via gameplay.

-Bill

Bill, if you want, I'll take down my notes of the before and after in my game. It was all auto booked, likes yours was I presume.

Feel free to, though I'm starting to think that, in the end, we probably should just accept the boost as a part of the game... Otherwise, why would we stop at adjusting everythng for TNA? 30-some other promotions, if they raise in their size during the game, would be getting this boost as well. Seems to be just too mch trouble to worry about for what really amounts to a minimal boost that pretty much every promotion in the game could end up getting, and getting multiple times if they jump more than one size during gameplay.

Also, to be fair, in the test I ran, I adjusted TNA's Image to 99, so that I could see the boost pretty much immediately. Starting at 73 National and booking shows, PPV's, etc would likely net a different result when the player got to Global, because overnesses would go up (and maybe down) between the start and when they hit Global. I adjusted the game so that there was really no time to adjust the overneses via gameplay.

-Bill

I just did the same thing (well, with 100 instead of 99), and got different numbers again. It'd seem that we should go with option 1 or 2 that you mention.

I think 1 is the best option. Making TNA and ROH global and national when they are at best only arguably so, with a roster that would be ill suited for such a rank makes little sense. It makes more sense to have the two lower image wise than higher than they should be image wise game mechanics wise. Sure, maybe TNA and ROH are more popular than their image suggests (though TNA's recent house show numbers don't offer any proof there) but this way is a better work around for long term growth and accuracy when factoring it all in. If the wrestlers on each roster fit better in the higher size option, I'd suggest the other way, but both rosters are pretty suited to National, and Cult, respectively.

Although some people, like Davey Richards might need a slight overness lowering. I think he was bumped to 74 because of the move to national anyway. There's no way he's more known, than say, Heath Slater or Ryback. The top ROH guys should be mid to high 60's maybe early 70's (like 70-71) at most considering the guidelines we set last month, but considering 67 gets them to main event status at Cult, which is accurate, they should all be around there.

Edited by notatardis

Yeah, we're just going to accept the overness boost as part of the game and not worry about it. If we drop overnesses for TNA, why wouldn't we do it for all of the other promotions? Just doesn't make sense. Especially since with a Cult promotion like ROH, do you drop them 10 points off of where they "should" be, because of the possibility to rise in size twice? Just seems silly.

I will say that, with us not worrying about the overness boost, TNA and ROH should probably be a bit higher in image than they are currently. While I don't agree with the 10-15 points that Kris suggested earlier, I do think a 5-7 point boost should be discussed, especially since the reason we didn't want them higher was due to getting to the overness boost "too quickly."

We can discuss it further, but I think TNA would be good around 79 National, while ROH would be good at 83 Cult. Just my opinion on the actual numbers.

-Bill

Guest Team 720

TNA's ratings aren't THAT bad, they're still around the 1. whatever mark. I don't think Spike is more known than USA.

I was checking the internet and found tv by the numbers which came up with the .4-.5 rating numbers which was for the 18-49 viewership. In comparing the week of Julty 17 (the last two hour RAW) TNA had .5 with 1.316 million total viewers (source) while WWE had a 1.7 and 1.8 rating for the same viewership with 4.72 and 5.038 million viewers during the 9 and 10 o'clock hours (source.) When you average the total WWE RAW which comes out to about 4.88, which is actually nearly four times large audience. So yeah, TNA should be national. It is no where near WWE's level.