Godfatha does WCW 1996

Godfatha

Monday, September 2, 1996. Monday Night Nitro at the Omaha Civic Auditorium on Omaha Nebraska. 6540 people attended with $261,600 made in ticket sales.

7:50pm CST

People had been fairly quiet about this Nitro. It’s fairly angle-heavy and it could do well or it could flop. It all depends on the mood of the crowd when the angles play out. Eric had just showed up an hour ago. He faxed in the booking sheet an hour before that so the boys weren’t too happy. The Steiner’s weren’t happy at all but they’ve been in a crotchy mood ever since they heard about Thunder. An extra 52 days a year but no increase in pay would do that to people.

I saw Ringo and Sophie talking in the background while a few others were conversing. The n.W.o. crew were together but curiously enough, Jericho and Benoit were sharing a conversation together. Guerrero and Rey were planning something out but I’m not sure what exactly.

Eddie:”Heeyyy doc.”

”What’s up?”

Eddie:”Well, since you’re tight with Eric, Rey and I have an idea for you to pass on to Eric.”

”That’s great, can you tell me after the show?”

Eddie:”Sure thing holmes.”

8:00pm CST

The Nitro theme song cut out after 15 seconds. It was replaced by gritty images of the n.W.o. beatdowns of Mongo, Savage, and other wrestler’s. Interspliced of the images was of the n.W.o. celebrating their victories. All of this was happening to the tune of the n.W.o. theme song. The camera switched to a packed crowd which flashed their signs to the camera. The pyro hit and it was quite a show. It started from the top of the screen and worked its way down the left and right side of the screen. On both sides, the pyro in front of the WCW logo exploded which revealed two huge n.W.o. logos right in front of the WCW logos. Kudos to the production team for that.

The camera cut to the ring which had a large couch, a desk and a few plants set up. The sound then cut to the announcers.

Schiavone:”Welcome wrestling fans to WCW Monday Night Nitro! We are LIVE here in Omaha, Nebraska and what a night of action we have in store for you.”

Heenan:”That’s right Schiavone, Chris Benoit will be taking on Chris Jericho. Will Jericho remain undefeated like he claims?”

Schiavone:”Also tonight, Sting will be in action tonight against Scott Hall in tonight’s main event! Last week, we saw Sting go to the ring while WCW and the n.W.o. were fighting. What are his intentions? We’ll find out tonight here on TNT. It’s Nitro, it’s live, and it’s now!”

Heenan:”Also in stock is Harlem Heat taking on the Steiner Brothers and from what I’m being told, Chris Cage and Chris Kanyon? Wonder what prompted that.”

Schiavone:”By the way folks, even after all this you want to change the channel to USA, we’ll give you more reason not to. A Hitman beats a gold guy, Shawn beats a bulldog, the deadman beats the black heart and a bald guy runs around with beers.”

The n.W.o.’s theme music comes on as the crowd roars with anticipation. Out walks out Hollywood Hogan and Eric Bischoff. The crowd boos as Bischoff is walking with his smug smile. Hogan puts his hand in front of the people’s face which infuriates them some more. Bischoff takes a fan’s sign and tears it up as he’s walking. Bischoff stops walking as a drunken fan is yelling at him. Hogan keeps walking as Bischoff grabs the fan’s beer and takes a swig. He chucks the rest of the beer behind him as it lands on the ground. Security is holding back the fan. Bischoff and Hogan enter the set as Bischoff bows to Hogan. Bischoff sits down at the desk while Hogan sits on the couch. He throws his boas aside while his title sits beside him.

8:06pm

Bischoff has a talk…

Bischoff:”In case you all haven’t followed my lead, I am bowing to my, and your….wrestling legend, icon…and yes….GOD!”

The crowd booed as once again Bischoff bowed to Hogan. Hogan looked genuinely touched by Bischoff’s moving statements. Hogan patted his heart while Bischoff had a smug smile to the crowd.

Bischoff:”But introductions are need, I’m your host Eric Bischoff, my guest tonight is the WCW…ooops…the n.W.o. World Heavyweight champion…Hollywood Hogan, and this…is…the n….W….o….Tonight Show!!!!” The crowd booed as Hogan grabbed a microphone and relaxed on the couch.

Hogan:”Now hold on there brother. I’m glad you all set the record straight, this ain’t the WCW Championship dude, there here is the n.W.o. title. We’re in this thing FOR LIFE brother, and lemme tell you something, WCW sucks. The best thing you got is a 7 foot tall joke who can barely move in the ring, and a rusty old man who thinks he’s space mountain. WCW is a joke brother, but me and my crew, we’re taking over this dump. We’ve come from up north to change this business, and brother, we’re doing just that.”

The crowd was booing some more as Bischoff spoke into his microphone.

Bischoff:”So…Hulk, any plans for Fall Brawl?”

Hogan:”Well you know, I’ve got a cage match with that 7 foot tall joke called The Giant. But I’ve got a partner, and….that’s you dude!”

Bischoff:”That’s right! Giant, at Fall Brawl, this is your last chance to reclaim this title. After that, it is ours, and ours alone. At Fall Brawl, you better believe, that this will be your last match in WCW!” Bischoff soaked up a few boos before continuing to speak. ”Well folks, we gotta take a commercial break, stay tuned for MORE of the Tonight show featuring Hollywood Hogan!”

Schiavone:”Ugh…give me a break.”

8:12pm

I took off my headset as Bischoff and Hogan were joking around with the crowd. The crowd was noticeably becoming quieter and quieter. It was only a matter of time before they become dead silent, or start booing to get Hogan and Bischoff off of the stage. Deep down I hoped it was the former.

Rey:”What is this?”

”What do you mean?”

Rey:”This, I mean, we always open up with a cruiser match. Why’d we change?”

”I guess Eric felt that if the n.W.o. draws, we’ll get fans tuned into Nitro in the beginning. You have to ask the guy.”

Rey:”I can’t do that. It seems like he doesn’t really care. He’s with Hogan and his buddies. Can I tell you what I have planned for my character and maybe you could tell Eric since you’re in tight with him?”

”Yeah, but I don’t know how much good it’ll do. Just write it down and I’ll forward it.”

Rey walked away while Jericho and Benoit were discussing their match for later this evening. Chris Kanyon and Chris Cage were engaged in a chugging contest of water. Wow.

8:15pm

Bischoff:”And welcome back to the show! With me is my guest, the leader of the New World Order, Hollywood Hogan! And Hollywood, I hear you have a major announcement to make tonight. Care to share with us on what it is?”

Hogan:”Anytime Hollywood Hogan speaks, it’s a major announcement dude. I’m just that popular and I’m just that damned important. I hang out with all the major celebrities from Hollywood to sports and they all say to me: ‘Hollywood, how’d you get to be so cool brother?’ And the answer Eric? The answer is this: You have to ignore your fans, and ignore all these people cheering for you. Because sooner or later, they will turn their backs on you. When you stop giving a damn about your fans, you can concentrate on yourself, and that’s how you become so cool. And to all you fans who wanna boo me? You folks can stick it, plain and simple!”

Schiavone:”Oh brother, how long do we have to listen to this?” The crowd booed a bit but were slowly becoming quieter and quieter.

Hogan:”With that said brother, in the interest of myself, and not to these idiots in attendance, I have decided that I will never wrestle on Nitro again.” The fans began to boo with the announcement.

Schiavone:”I don’t think they’re booing because they’re gonna miss Hogan. I think they’re booing because they wanna see Hogan get his butt whipped!”

Heenan:”Gee thanks Tony.”

Hogan:”That’s right dude, from now on, the only way to see Hollywood Hogan in action, is to watch him on Pay-Per-View. I’m a valuable and hot commodity and I’m not going to waste my time wrestling for free. So the next time you want to watch Hollywood Hogan whip a pathetic WCW wrestler in this ring, you have to pay for the privelage, and the honour of seeing this happen.”

Bischoff:”Strong words from Hogan! Any final words before we’re done?”

Hogan:”Giant, you’re fighting me for the last time brother. This time, we’re in a steel cage and there’s no escaping Hollywood Hogan. Mark my words brother, this is the last time you will fight Hollywood Hogan for the n.W.o. World Heavyweight title. And at Fall Brawl, you’ll not only have to deal with me, but with Easy E, Eric Bischoff. There’s no escaping Giant. And after that….WCW will be mine.”

Bischoff:”And just a final word for you Ric Flair!” The crowd let out a huge pop with the mention of Flair’s name. ”You wanna fight Scott Hall? Well you can do it this Thursday with the debut edition of Thunder! And like The Giant, this is the last time you can ever fight Hall for the United States Championship! So you think you’re the man Flair?! I’ll tell you who’s the man: the person sitting next to me, my champion and yours, Hollywood Hogan! Thanks for being with us tonight on this edition of the n.W.o. Tonight Show!”

Schiavone:”Ugh, this just makes me disgusted. The gall, the absolute gall of that man. Well folks, stay tuned because we have a hell of a Nitro ahead of us. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho are in action tonight! And in tonight’s main event: Scott Hall takes on Sting! You don’t want to miss this action, it’s WCW Nitro, and it’s live!”

The video feed faded to black. Man that ate up a lot of time. I can’t see many people wanting to stay on Nitro when they could’ve switched to RAW.

83%

8:27pm

Hogan and Bischoff were walking to the back as Rey Mysterio Jr. was getting ready. Mysterio perked up as he saw Bischoff walk through the curtain.

Mysterio”Eric? Eric?! I have to talk to you about something. I have an idea for my character!”

Bischoff:”Huh? What? Oh, yeah, great kid. Sounds great, we’ll try our best to work it in. So anyways Hulk, what I was saying was this…”

Bischoff walked away while Rey looked upset, even through his mask.

Mysterio:”He doesn’t care man. Anyways, I better get out there.”

8:31pm

Mysterio calls someone out.

Schiavone:”Welcome back folks, and we just want to remind you that this Thursday is the debut edition of WCW Thunder. We hope you’ll join us on TBS at 8 Eastern for the debut edition of WCW Thunder! On Bobby, what a main event that has been signed, Ric Flair against the current United States champion, Scott Hall.”

Heenan:”It’s a brand new show Schiavone, and you know what, what better way to kick off a WCW show than to have WCW’s premier wrestler win back a WCW title. I can’t wait.”

Schiavone:”We hope you’ll join us then, and we also hope that you’ll stay tuned for our main event tonight as Sting will be taking on Scott Hall. But right now, here comes Rey Mysterio Jr. You know, Rey has been on a rollercoaster ride as of late.”

Heenan:”Well I think that’s a tad harsh.”

Schiavone:”How do you mean.”

Heenan:”You have to be at least 4 feet tall to ride them.”

Schiavone:”Very good Bobby. Insightful commentary from our very own Bobby the Brain Heenan. Rey has been acting strangely since he wasn’t accepted to be a part of the 4 Horsemen. And on top of that, he has to deal with this masked stranger. We’re being told that he’s going to call him out right now.”

Mysterio:”Before I say anything else, I want to say that I’m proud of being the WCW Cruiserweight champion. And whoever this masked wrestler is, I want him to come on out now and face me like a man.”

The crowd was fairly responsive to this. The WCW Nitro theme song hit and the entire crowd turns their attention to the entranceway. Out came Ringo Masterson walking towards the ring. The crowd booed as they were let down with this appearance. Ringo appeared to be happy as he was getting some form of heel heat.

75%

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Ringo Masterson

Masterson charged at Mysterio but Mysterio used his quickness to dodge Masterson. Masterson always tried to get an advantage by using his power and technical prowess, but Mysterio would always counter using his speed. At 3:45 Mysterio countered a powerbomb into a hurricanrana. This got a nearfall before Mysterio climbed the turnbuckle to hit a spinning head scissor takedown. Mysterio leaped onto the top rope and hit his finisher at 4:30. He pinned Masterson but before the three count was made. The masked wrestler jumped into the ring and hit Mysterio. He picked up Mysterio and hit him with a cradle piledriver. The masked wrestler left the ring to pick up the cruiserweight title and the house microphone.

Masked Wrestler:”Rey Mysterio….at Fall Brawl, this title….is mine.”

The masked wrestler dropped the title on Mysterio’s crumpled body as he left through the crowd. Mysterio was clutching his ribs as Nitro went to a commercial break.

65%, 51%, 79%

8:40pm

Sophie came up to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

”Oh hey.”

Sophie:”Are you ok?! You were amazing!”

”Uhh….thanks?”

Ringo:”Just calm down there doc-a-lock, she was talkin’ to me. And I’m OK Sophie. How you doin’.”

Sophie:”Just awesome.”

The two walked off together hand in hand. How the hell did Ringo manage to do that? Jericho walked up to me eating an apple.

Jericho:”Your woman is…”

Mysterio walked out at this precise moment.

Mysterio:”Hey doc, you know Sophie is with….”

Benoit approached the gorilla position at this moment.

Benoit:”Hey doc you know…?’

”I get it, Sophie’s with Ringo. Let’s just everyone calm down.”

Benoit:”I was just wondering if you knew if Sophie is with Eric or not.”

Jericho:”She’s with Ringo actually.”

The three wrestlers let out a chuckle.

”Shouldn’t you two be out there for a match?”

Jericho:”Whoa…gear down there big rig. That ain’t up next.”

8:44pm

Schiavone:”Welcome back folks to WCW Nitro. We’re live and we’re here in the Omaha Civic Auditorium here in Nebraska. We’ve got a sold out crowd of over 8000 here in attendance here to catch WCW action. And Bobby, you know they have got to be amped about our main event. Possibly the greatest main event in Nitro history.”

8000?? O….kay.

Heenan:”You got that right Schiavone. We don’t really know where Sting lies but the fact that tonight he’s facing Scott Hall, we know he’s with WCW!”

Schiavone:”Well Stinger was hurt by Flair in his ruse of joining the n.W.o. and he was also hurt about not being on the Horsemen, but it looks like the bridges have been mended. Tonight, LIVE on WCW Nitro, Sting will be taking on Scott Hall. But up next, Chris Jericho goes one-on-one with Chris Benoit!”

There was a huge bang in the arena as you could hear Schiavone and Heenan jump up in fear. The lights went out but there was only a spotlight that was focused in the center of the ring. The spotlight traced its way to the entrance ramp and all the way up to the large screen showing the action. A picture emerged on the screen. It was a silhouette of a man, but a man was speaking and doing the voiceover.

Man:”Destroyed by anger…” Clips of the n.W.o.’s destruction on wrestler’s was shown.

Man:”Fueled by hate…” Schiavone’s voice can be heard screaming as WCW was mounting a comeback to the n.W.o. Schiavone:”WCW is on top tonight!”

Man:”Driven…by revenge.” The man started walking toward the light as the figure became more and more apparent.

The figure stopped before he revealed himself.

Wrestler:”I’m coming for you…I’m coming….for all of you….” The wrestler moved in and you can see Diamond Dallas Page’s face.

DDP:”BANG!”

There was a huge bang in the arena as the crowd cheered for DDP’s return video, the feed faded to black as the show went to a commercial.

84%

8:47pm

Jericho was doing some stretching before his match while Benoit was doing some Hindu squats prior to his matchup. The masked wrestler was nowhere to be found in the backstage lockeroom. Curiously enough, neither were the 4 Horsemen (aside from Benoit of course). The n.W.o. were also unusually quiet. It’s strange, that the only sight I see of the main factions of WCW and the n.W.o. are Benoit and Jericho and they’re acting like good friends. I was looking through my notes when I heard the n.W.o. music playing. Were we back on TV? Nope, it was a commercial advertising Law and Order repeats were going to be aired on TNT.

Jericho went right to the ring and entered the ring. The show came back as Jericho was grabbing the house microphone and the n.W.o’s music faded into the back.

Jericho speaks his mind…

8:54pm

Jericho:”First thing’s first, I wanna thank my boss Eric Bischoff for hosting the New World Order Tonight Show. That show is a class act, and the guests don’t get any bigger than the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION….HOLLYWOOD…HOGAN!”

The crowd booed as Jericho soaked it up before returning on the microphone.

Jericho:”Now then, before Chris Ben-oyt comes out here, I wanna address something to you Eddie Guerrero. You think you’re all great because you’ve been on a winning streak lately? Well I got news for you Edward, your winning streak has just ended last week, courtesy of your hero and mine….Chris….Jericho!”

The crowd jeered Jericho as he was slowly becoming more and more visibly upset.

Jericho:”You see Edwardo, it’s all about the slow build. It’s all about the slow, and dramatic, and this is especially apt for you my hero who’s a zero, pathetic downfall of a babyface. You don’t just hand a man his first loss in a quick manner. You chip away at his self esteem piece by piece. Right now Eddie, you’re still confident in yourself, but come Fall Brawl, you’ll be so unsure of yourself that there is no way you can beat me. Bit by bit, piece by piece, week by week EDDIE… I will get inside your head and make you unsure of your abilities. Then…and only then Eddie, will you understand the true power of not only the New World Order…but in me….Chris……..Jericho.”

Jericho dropped the microphone as he glared right into the TV camera.

88%

Benoit’s music hit and the crowd stood up in anticipation of the match that is to come. Jericho was focused on Benoit while Benoit kept his ice cold stare on Jericho.

Schiavone:”Wow you can cut the tension with a knife folks!”

Benoit stepped in the ring and Jericho immediately got in Benoit’s face. Benoit didn’t back down and he got into Jericho’s face. The two were immediately trash talking before the referee could separate the two. The bell rang and immediately the two were hooked up in a collar-and-elbow lockup. Benoit immediately tried to do a German suplex to Jericho but Jericho kicked out of it. Jericho and Benoit hit a double clothesline at 2:10. At 3:15 Jericho hit an enziguri which sent Benoit to the outside which shifted the match to a commercial break.

9:07pm

Jericho and Benoit were still wrestling during the commercial break. I took off my headset to get a coke. Strange that I still haven’t seen the n.W.o. or the rest of the Horsemen. I did see Rey walking around backstage. He was completely unmasked. Seriously, I can’t get used to the sight of the guy without a mask. He honestly looks like he’s 9. I picked up a medical report on Regal from my mailbox. Seems like he’s still got a few more weeks to go. DDP is ready to go and he’s in the powerplant working rust off. What sort of rust he could’ve gotten in a few weeks is anyone’s guess. I walked back to the gorilla position as both men were still battling it out.

9:10pm

Schiavone:”Welcome back fans, Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit are in the middle of a heated battle as we speak.”

Jericho was positioning Benoit on the top turnbuckle before posing to the crowd. The crowd booed Jericho as he hit a top rope superplex on Benoit. Benoit writhed in pain as Jericho held his back and went for the cover. The referee’s hand came very close to three before Benoit kicked out. The crowd was slowly coming alive as Jericho stood up and did a “cocky” pin by placing his foot on Benoit and flexing his muscles. Again Benoit kicked out. At 9:15 Benoit managed to catch Jericho in a mistake and hook in the Crossface Crippler. Benoit was very weak so Jericho managed to slip out and quickly grabbed both of Benoit’s leg’s as he hooked him in for the Liontamer. All of Benoit’s weight plus Jericho’s weight was on Benoit’s neck. Jericho was screaming for the referee to ask Benoit if he submits. Benoit had nowhere to go and at 11:40 Benoit tapped out. Jericho raised his arms in victory. The referee tried but Jericho pushed him outside the ring.

Schiavone:”A hard fought victory for Chris Jericho and I will give him his due. In two matches, he has managed to impress me. And…oh wait a minute, come on, not like this.”

In came Kevin Nash and he immediately started to stomp on Benoit’s weakened back and neck. The crowd booed as Nash hit the Jackknife powerbomb on Benoit. Benoit was clearly in pain as Jericho and Nash were destroying Benoit.

Schiavone:”Where are the Horsemen?!”

Heenan:”More importantly Schiavone, where are the rest of the n.W.o?! That’s what I’m scared about!”

87%, 75%, 100%

9:20pm

A little revenge…

Immediately Nash turned around and Arn Anderson hit a spinebuster on Nash. Flair and Guerrero slid in the ring. Guerrero immediately jumped on Jericho and began to pummel him with blows. Flair hit Nash with a chop block as Anderson threw in some chairs and the ring steps into the ring.

Heenan:”There’s the Horsemen Schiavone! There they are! There they are!”

Guerrero put Jericho on a chair and hit a Frog splash, while Anderson hit a spinebuster on Nash right onto a steel chair. Flair took a chair and hit the knees of both Jericho and Nash. Flair applied the Figure Four on Nash while Anderson pummeled Nash with a chair. Guerrero pummeled on Jericho.

Schiavone:”Where are the rest of the n.W.o.?!?”

Heenan:”I told you! I told you Schiavone! I told you that’s the million dollar question!”

79%

Flair speaks…

Flair:”How do you like it!? Tell me how it feels to not only have a taste of your own medicine, but to have been bested by the Naitcha Boy RIC FLAIR WOOO?!”

The crowd came alive as Flair was really into his words. You can sense the passion in the man.

Flair:”You wanna run us out of town?! Well lemme tell you something, The Horsemen, and more importantly, WCW are not gonna lie down for you jack. And in case you’re wondering where your buddies are, why do you think it took us so long to come out?”

Nash, covered in blood looked confused.

Flair:”We knew you would interfere. We knew you were waiting for the right moment. We know your methods Nash. We know you like to bait us then bring out the rest of your thugs. So instead of immediately jumping out to help Benoit, we did a little strike on the rest of your thugs. They took off with their tails between their legs! They were SCARED of WCW! They’re gone, and it’s just us now!”

The crowd cheered as Flair looked right into the camera.

Flair:”Scott Hall, I will see you at Thunder. And that title….is coming home.”

88%

9:32

The picture faded to black as we went for a commercial. Bischoff pulled me aside to give me a talk.

Bischoff:”This had better be worth it. The n.W.o. is the future and now you’re making us look like idiots!”

Hogan noticed the discussion and walked up to us.

Hogan:”What’s the problem?”

”I’ve got no problem here. Eric does.”

Hogan:”Eric, I told you this already. If we do this, when the n.W.o. comes back it’ll make us look stronger. Plus, I’m not being hurt by this at all, and when I do come back, it’ll make me look stronger and people will tune in. Plain and simple, I guarantee it.”

Eric looked upset but then backed down. He and Hogan walked away as I went back to the gorilla position. The Horsemen were talking as they had come back. Nash and Jericho came back looking fairly bloody. The rest of my team were checking on them.

Chris Cage and Chris Kanyon came up to me.

”Glad to see you guys showed up. You guys gotta get a physical but I suppose that’s too late now. Just gimme your real names and I’ll add it to our file k?”

Cage:”Jason Reso.”

Kanyon:”Chris Klucsaritis.”

”Alrighty, well you’re on.”

9:36pm

Schiavone:”Welcome back folks, and what we just saw was just absolute carnage. WCW had its revenge and my, what a revenge. Still scheduled though is Scott Hall vs. Sting. We don’t have any word as to the status of that match but we’ll keep you notified as soon as we find out. Don’t forget to join us this Thursday on TBS as WCW Thunder makes its debut! And right now we’re….yes here comes Chris Cage and Chris Kanyon, both of whom made their debuts last week.”

Heenan:”I interviewed them earlier and they told me their name was C squared, so that shows the intelligence level of these two peons.”

Chris Cage and Chris Kanyon entered the ring without much fanfare. Harlem Heat’s theme then hit and the silence turned to boos as Stevie Ray and Booker T entered the ring. The Steiner Brother’s theme hit as the crowd cheered. The entered the ring and it was determined that Rick Steiner and Chris Kanyon would start off this match.

Harlem Heat vs. C Squared vs. The Steiner Brothers

9:40pm

Kanyon dodged Steiner’s every attempt at a grapple. Immediately, he tagged in Stevie Ray as Chris Cage congratulated Kanyon. Stevie Ray hit a distracted Steiner with a clothesline. At 1:15 Steiner hit a powerslam on Stevie Ray. Steiner tagged in Scott who prevented Stevie Ray from tagging in his brother. Cage and Kanyon began to play “Rock-Paper-Scissors” as they were waiting for something to happen.

Schiavone:”Look at those two…”

Steiner was running off of the ropes when Cage slapped Steiner on the back at 2:20. Steiner turned around visibly upset. Stevie Ray clocked Steiner with a clothesline. Stevie Ray then turned his back on Cage while Cage climbed up the turnbuckle. Cage hit a missile dropkick on Stevie Ray. Steiner was escorted out of the ring. Cage was using his speed to keep the advantage on Stevie Ray. Cage would pause every so often to let out a loud “PARTY!” shout that has caught on with the audience. Cage tagged in Kanyon at 5:45 which sent the show to a commercial break.

9:46pm

Sting was waiting beside me. He was very quiet as he was drinking a glass of water. It’s true when they say people became so intensely involved in their gimmick. A few of the boys in the back were watching RAW. I took a quick glance as I saw Austin running amok on TV. I can see why people would watch RAW instead of Nitro right now.

9:47pm

Cage and Kanyon were impressing everyone not only with their skills but with the way they could capture the audience. At this point the Austin segment was done and a lot of the lockerroom were watching to see if they could handle this hefty test. At 9:15 Kanyon dodged a clothesline attempt. Kanyon hit a DDT and tagged in Booker T. Booker T hit the scissor’s kick and went for the pinfall. Before the referee could count three, Cage stepped in and interrupted the count. Scott Steiner, Stevie Ray, and Chris Kanyon came out as all 6 men were in the ring. Kanyon rolled out of the ring and grabbed a chair. Kanyon slid it in the ring as Harlem Heat were staring down Cage’s throat. Scott was tending to Rick. Steiner pulled the referee over to check out Rick while Cage looked afraid and stepped outside of the ring. Harlem Heat followed him out there. Kanyon sneaked up behind Harlem Heat and clocked them both with a chair. Kanyon rolled in Booker T which got the referee’s attention. Kanyon then grabbed the WCW Title belt which got Scott Steiner’s attention as he tried to enter the ring. Cage entered the ring and dragged Steiner’s body towards him. Kanyon dropped the belt as Cage tagged himself in on Rick’s body. The referee forced Steiner out while Cage pinned Booker T for the win. The crowd cheered as C Squared raised their arms in victory. The Steiner’s got their belts and walked out fairly quickly as Stevie Ray was slowly getting to his feet. Chris Kanyon grabbed the microphone.

73%, 67%, 80%

9:51pm

C Squared speaks

Cage:”Whoaaa….you guys totally sucked out there. Ain’t that right Chris?”

Kanyon:”You got that right Chris.”

I looked at the time, holy shit…

I whispered into my microphone to tell the referee to tell the boys to wrap it up now.

Cage:”Well we totally don’t have time right now but Harlem Heat, you guys just plain sucked out there. I mean…look at your names….totally not cool.”

Kanyon:”In fact, it’s the opposite of cool.”

Cage:”Anyways, we’re being told to stop because we’re rockin’ this place to the max and that just don’t jive with the suits upstairs. Catch us on Thursday on Thunder where we’ll totally rock this joint! ROCK ON CHRIS!”

Kanyon:”ROCK ON CHRIS!”

Cage and Kanyon:”PAAAAAAAAAARTTYYYYY!!”

64%

The crowd cheered as we took our final commercial break.

9:52pm

Sting disappeared, I have no idea where he went or when he left. Scott Hall was beside me as he was chewing gum. He had on his typical vest and his typical Outsiders tight’s. He held his United States title in his hands when the n.W.o. music played. We were back on the air.

9:54pm

Hall vs. Sting

Hall entered the ring and immediately grabbed the microphone.

Hall:”None of this hey yo stuff tonight aight. So…WCW think they so tough? The run us out and now Nash and Jericho in the hospital? Well, tonight you in for a special surprise meng. WCW’s…beloved superstar Sting…is now n.W.o. 4 Life.”

Schiavone:”WHAT?!”

Heenan:”THIS CAN’T BE!!”

Hall:”Here’s your proof…”

Sting walked out wearing a long black trenchcoat. His makeup was gone and he was wearing black leather pants with a black shirt. He wasn’t wearing his tights and his hair wasn’t blonde anymore. He was holding a picture frame in his hands.

Schiavone:”My God…it’s true. Sting has defected…”

Heenan:”What’s that in his hands?!”

Sting stepped in the ring and dropped the picture frame. Sting looked at the crowd and then looked at Hall. The crowd was booing as they were denied a match and Sting appeared to be defecting to the n.W.o. He then looked at the picture frame and stepped on it. Hall cheered right before Sting clocked Hall in the head with a lead pipe. The crowd roared as Flair, Guerrero, Benoit and Anderson came running down the aisle to beat on Hall. Sting left the ring and walked through the crowd. Flair was pounding on Hall when Bischoff and Hogan came out.

Bischoff:”Laugh it up you idiots! You have no idea what you have just done. Just you wait till next week on Nitro! I’ll let you WCW idiots have tonight, and because I’m feeling generous, I’ll let you have Thunder, but just wait till next week on Nitro, then you’ll realize what you’ve just done. What we’ve done is NOTHING compared to what’s going to be done next week!”

87%

Heenan:”What does that mean Schiavone!?”

Schiavone:”I have no idea what that means. I honestly don’t. Folks we hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of WCW Nitro. We’ll see you on Thursday on TBS for WCW Thunder! Goodnight everybody!”

10:00pm

I took off my headset and looked for Sophie.

”Have you seen Sophie anywhere?”

Stagehand:”Yeah, she took off with Ringo awhile ago. Sorry man.”

Hmm…so much for my weekly drinks with her.

Overall show rating: 79%

TV Rating: 6.09

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

Even in the diary world, Ringo Masterson is all about the pussy.

Great show by the way, I dont think there's an actual angle going on right now that I dislike, I especially love the Flair promo. Its a pity the next update will be in 2008 <_<

Terrific show. The great stuff worked really well (the beatdown on the nWo, Sting's reassurance of his alliance), and the groan-worthy stuff (Hogan's announcement, the bait-and-switch in the main event) also worked, simply because it was so realistic. The backstage stuff was good, though the on-screen happenings were clearly in the forefront this time around. Cage and Kanyon are also taking off quickly. My minor gripe is that I think I would've liked to have seen more of the Benoit-Jericho match. I guess that's largely today's perspective talking, though.

As far as characterization, Flair's promo was great, and you've got Bischoff and Schiavone, among others, down pat. Loved the give-away of the Raw results, too.

• 1 year later...