Football Manager 2013

Lineker

I thought FM12 was fine. Perhaps a little too easy at times, but at least you didn't constantly concede from crosses. I'd rather have slightly too easy than just a broken match engine altogether. Why did they have to change so much shit?

I fucking hate how when you're behind 1 goal, you change your mentality to attacking, sub 2 tired players for decent new guys and then for 40 minutes NOTHING HAPPENS. Literally no highlight. I've had this several times now, even when I changed to overload. Overload should mean at least one fucking highlight, even if it's the opponent scoring because your defenders are taking huge risks. I don't care, just let something happen. Fuck.

I think i read somewere that most of the game engin problems are fixed if you switch to classic 2D match ups. I have not realy found the time to play this yet, i need some time to wrap my mind around training before i play some games... i feel like i am missing a few screens now that you set the weekly sessions.

I fucking hate how when you're behind 1 goal, you change your mentality to attacking, sub 2 tired players for decent new guys and then for 40 minutes NOTHING HAPPENS. Literally no highlight. I've had this several times now, even when I changed to overload. Overload should mean at least one fucking highlight, even if it's the opponent scoring because your defenders are taking huge risks. I don't care, just let something happen. Fuck.

:D

I don't have 13, but I've found that happens on 12 too. It can be frustrating at times.

I've got 13 games left in my 2nd season at United. Spurs are ahead of me by 6 points, but City, Liverpool and Chelsea are all in with a shout too. Villas Boas has signed Cavani, Subotic (I wanted him for ages but Dortmund asked for too much, then sold to Spurs for less. Ugh) and their main striker seems to be Tim Matavz. He scored a winner against me in our first league game too.

Next up is a CL last 16 first-leg tie against Bayer Leverkusen. Confident of qualifying, but both Rooney and RVP are out of the first leg. :/

After 10 seasons in total (4 at Burnley and 6 at Man Utd) and three consecutive Champions League trophies I have retired to the MLS to take over the New York Red Bulls. I have a 32-year-old Stephan Jovetic as my DP and he's averaging 2 goals per game. My other DP is a 34-year-old Winston Reid who despite his age can still play.

... but holy fuck, could you Americans have made football any more complicated?

After 10 seasons in total (4 at Burnley and 6 at Man Utd) and three consecutive Champions League trophies I have retired to the MLS to take over the New York Red Bulls. I have a 32-year-old Stephan Jovetic as my DP and he's averaging 2 goals per game. My other DP is a 34-year-old Winston Reid who despite his age can still play.

... but holy fuck, could you Americans have made football any more complicated?

In the old games they even had the 35 yard penalty shoot outs at the end of a league game. Because they hate draws.

I started a new game up with as many leagues as my PC could handle, plus a few more. Started unemployed and landed at Jono Cosmos in the South African second tier. Got them promoted and now I'm struggling in the top league. They had soooo many reserve players that were crap so I've had to flog loads of them off.Still, I recommend playing in South Africa, its fun and most of the teams play some odd formations. A simple 4-4-2 or the 3-5-2 that I won the first division with works a treat.

Been struggling to get into the game so I started as Celtic, you know, should be straightforward enough, been fun as well. Won the SPL in the first season, 24 points ahead of Hearts in second. Also won the league cup which is pretty neat. Only reached the quarters of the main cup and the round of 16 in the Champions league, losing to Chelsea (got through the group stages ahead of AC Milan though).

Made some signings-

Will Johnson £1.1m- Right winger and CM from Real Salt Lake, scored 9 league goals.

Jan Gunnar Solli £275k- Utility midfielder from NYRB, mostly used as a sub.

David van Zanten £450k- Right back, back up signed from St Mirren, useful as a player trained at the club for the CL. Ended up clubs team of the year.

Kamil Glik £900k- Polish center half, starting CB alongside Thomas Rogne.

Matthew Briggs Loan- Left back from Fulham, played well, made the deal permanent in January for £2.5m

Prince Buaben Loan- CM on loan from Watford as cover.

Jan-

Jay DeMerit free- Back up center half.

Barry Bannan £3.9m- He's Scottish! And was transfer listed. Hasn't been that great so far, scored from inside his own half though.

David Goodwillie Loan- A couple of strikers got injured, signed him as cover, but he also got injured and only made like, 5 appearances.

Picked my British Steel Challenge game back up again after dicking around on other games over Christmas and New Year... Immediately resigned from Athlone Town because I didn't feel in the mood. :shifty: Got offered a job in the Welsh Premier League but held out and somehow wound up at Notts County, who are back in League 1 having just been relegated from the Championship.

Doubt I'll win the league or anything (their expectation is top-half finish), but hopefully I can build up my managerial rep a bit in England.

Important things first: ethnic cleansing. :pervert: Got an Aussie, a Nigerian and a Jamaican to ship out...

Andy Carroll is playing brilliant now that he's getting a run of games with Ba injured and I have an agreed fee of £3.5mil, which I'd pay in a heartbeat. The cunt wants £110k a week though. Now he's just going to go back to Liverpool's reserves and rot when I'd gladly pay him the £70k he's on now. Why Andy? :(