Football Manager 2013

Lineker

30 year-old Cristiano Ronlado found himself transfer listed at Madrid so I threw in the requested £57mil bid out of curiosity to see if I could land him and these were his requests.

cristianoronaldocontrac.png
By my calculations, excluding appearance and goal bonuses, that contract would pay him a minimum of £55.8mil over 3 years. That's completely insane considering every 35 appearances and every 35 goals is another £1mil each. Eh no thank you Cristiano, Gareth Bale needs a new contract, I'm not giving you 1/4 of my wage budget!

Tim Krul wanted a pay rise from £35k p/w to £155k p/w.

Yeah, not going to happy Timothy, off to Dortmund for £27.5m you go.

ter Stegan is transfer listed for £16.75m, which is a great price but he wants £140k p/w and frankly, I'd rather stick Jack Butland between the sticks and let him develop.

This guy is one of the most complete regens I've ever seen. Strong in almost every area and could easily play in any position in defence or midfield. Had a £13mil release clause and I have him locked down for 5 years on £20k a week. :wub:

augustooverviewprofile.png

Officially had my biggest ever margin of loss earlier today. :w00t:

Of course, when I have fixtures running of QPR, then Manchester United four days later, and the COC Quarter Final (v West Ham) only two days after that...of course I'm going to basically give up on the middle one and focus on the other two.

Could only manage a 1-1 draw against QPR. That was annoying. And only scraped through the COC by the skin of my teeth on penalties (despite leading 2-0 on 85 mins, sigh). But yeah, between that there was this:

0-7_zpsd7614594.jpg

Although they're cut off, United's two other goals were an OG from my keeper, and then one from Rooney.

Wonderful squad management by the AI QPR manager. Newly promoted back into the EPL for the 2016/17 season, they have one goalkeeper at the entire club. A 16 year old regen.

Opening day of the season?

QPR 0-7 Aston Villa

Villa had 9 shots, 8 on target.

Wonderful squad management by the AI QPR manager. Newly promoted back into the EPL for the 2016/17 season, they have one goalkeeper at the entire club. A 16 year old regen.

Opening day of the season?

QPR 0-7 Aston Villa

Villa had 9 shots, 8 on target.

Next game

Stoke 0-0 QPR

Stoke didn't manage to get a shot on target... :lmao:

Very sad face.

As I tried to pass from 31st December 2017 to 1st January 2018, the game crashed. Like this:

sadface_zps3caf05ba.jpg

Tried the save game again. The same thing happened.

Loaded up my backup save. Played through two matches again to reach the same point. The same thing happened.

Seems my British Steel Challenge is dead. :crying:

Re-Downloading FM13, Probably play it later tonight/Tommorrow. Apparently Villa are alot harder now, is this true? I might play a game as them as they have 'Avoid Relegation' Apparently.

Re-Downloading FM13, Probably play it later tonight/Tommorrow. Apparently Villa are alot harder now, is this true? I might play a game as them as they have 'Avoid Relegation' Apparently.

It's not too tough, it's trimming £100k p/w off the wage budget without having anything to spend in the transfer market. The ease comes from the boost they gave to key players (Benteke, Westwood, Baker)

Had my eye on a beastly Turkish striker for a few years. 19 years old, already world class and first choice for Turkey.

Fenerbache quoted me £41m. I said no but spoke to the press about signing him. He became unsettled, requested a transfer and I managed to sign him for £19m.

Mind games! :D

Returned to twiddle with my FM12 Vancouver game.

We've broken the MLS record point tally of 85, with 87 points with a game of regular MLS play to go.

Only lost 2 games.

Only conceded 10 goals in 33 games.

Have decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and launch right back in with another BSC attempt.

However, to somewhat make up for the frustration of 6 game years / 7 trophies lost, I have allowed myself the luxury of hand-picking my starter club (I say luxury - technically you are allowed to do this in the rules but under normal circumstances I felt it a but flakey).

So yes. Didn't want to go back into the Irish or English leagues right away, having played them so recently, so headed up to Scotland instead.

And really, if you're hand-picking a Scottish team, there's only one choice.

Rangers_zpsd5297b3f.png

Besides, Rangers is a game I'd been tempted to do all season anyway. Two birds, one stone, etc.