Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Apparently my goalkeeper's favourite new game is to race out of his box to the wing to intercept a loose ball (he's not even set as a Sweeper Keeper either) and then - rather than smash it into touch like any sane person - instead punts the ball back into the midfield to then see if he can make it back in time to save the inevitable 50 yard volley that the opposition has launched towards our gaping goal.

And does he ever save said volley? Currently on zero for four. <_<

For my recent game as a lower league Belgian team, I started every game with five shouts in place, clear ball to wings, use width, shoot on sight, hassle opponent and some other that I'm forgetting. I rarely change anything during a game though, barring substitutions.

It does make me wonder how much effect we have on the games though when someone can have so much success not using certain things at all.

Just like I wonder how much of a difference customising Training regimes could possibly make... I have never even attempted to meddle with the damned things and never intend to. The mind boggles even at the prospect!

• Like 1

In FM 12, I always had default shouts of retain possession, look for overlap, and work into box... and it worked like a charm. In FM13... I just cannot seem to get ANYTHING to work. Whether I use shouts to start a match, tweak with the team instructions, nothin'. Everyone has to tweak player roles to make it work for the player, but fuck... I just always seem to get poor results in 13. Loved playing FM12... starting to just hate 13 because nothing seems to work.

Its probably because TCO is a cheating bastard :shifty:

People who say 'nothing works' are either doing one of two things, usually both, 1. Not paying attention to what's actually going on on the pitch. 2. Constantly changing tactics, you have to let systems 'bed in'.

Its probably because TCO is a cheating bastard :shifty:

People who say 'nothing works' are either doing one of two things, usually both, 1. Not paying attention to what's actually going on on the pitch. 2. Constantly changing tactics, you have to let systems 'bed in'.

That's probably the most important part. You aren't going to get a team to play amazing with a tactic that they aren't used to it'll take a few games before you'll actually see the benefits of it.

The only thing that annoys me is when it comes to preseason and the start of the new season, the players have to get familiar with the tactic you have been using even though they have just spent the whole of last season playing that tactic.

Oh yes, absolutely.

"I'm sorry, I've been on a beach in Spain for three weeks. I know not of this new-fangled 4-4-2 of which you speak."

P.S.

Apparently my goalkeeper's favourite new game is to race out of his box to the wing to intercept a loose ball (he's not even set as a Sweeper Keeper either) and then - rather than smash it into touch like any sane person - instead punts the ball back into the midfield to then see if he can make it back in time to save the inevitable 50 yard volley that the opposition has launched towards our gaping goal.

And does he ever save said volley? Currently on zero for four. <_<

* Zero for six.

Meh, signing Welington Nem isn't cheating, like fuck if I'm not going to move for him when he has a £3.5mil release clause! Ademilson I hadn't heard of until you mentioned him and I signed him for the first time in this Spurs game and he's shit, waste of £5.5mil.

So I'm not a cheat, I'm awesome! :P

Also everybody sign Julian Draxler, never heard of him before my scouts brought him to me, cost an arm and a leg in the second season, but worth every penny. Has developed amazing technical and is still only 21 in 2014, so the mental attributes will soon follow and make him unstoppable. Completely two-footed as well, so can play every role on both wings.

juliandraxleroverviewpr.png

What are the ways that one cheats at FM, besides of course editing the editor? :P

I will tweak with the editor on occasion when I play, but that is only if I feel like it needs updating, I.e. improving/decreasing some attributes. But when I do that, I will do it for the whole Premier League and sometimes the Championship, and do it without a team in mind to start.

What are the ways that one cheats at FM, besides of course editing the editor? :P

I will tweak with the editor on occasion when I play, but that is only if I feel like it needs updating, I.e. improving/decreasing some attributes. But when I do that, I will do it for the whole Premier League and sometimes the Championship, and do it without a team in mind to start.

Signing mainstream good players, FM is all hipster now!

Ha, just noticed Man City signed Theo Wallcott for £15.75mil in January of last season and since then he's only made 1 cup appearance in the entire 10 months he's been there, a winning Carling Cup final appearance. 1 game, still won more trophies than he did at Arsenal!