Football Manager 2013

Lineker

The main problem is that, for me, the training system is still completely opaque (short of maxing out your coaches' star ratings). I have no idea how to utilise it (nor really any desire to do so, simply because I know I'll break my players somehow). I have no idea when I should be training a young player versus sending them out on loan. Hence they just lurk around for a few years and suddenly the 4.5 star potential rating they had aged 16 is no longer valid and they're doomed to be average their whole career.

AI clubs manage to spawn wunderkinds fine, but not me.

No loans before 18.

No loans longer than 6 months.

Always put in a recall option, if they're playing less than 75% of the available games, recall them.

Assign tutors with 'determined' or 'professional' personalities.

Any youngster with less than 12 (I use 15) determination will never amount to anything.

The main problem is that, for me, the training system is still completely opaque (short of maxing out your coaches' star ratings). I have no idea how to utilise it (nor really any desire to do so, simply because I know I'll break my players somehow). I have no idea when I should be training a young player versus sending them out on loan. Hence they just lurk around for a few years and suddenly the 4.5 star potential rating they had aged 16 is no longer valid and they're doomed to be average their whole career.

AI clubs manage to spawn wunderkinds fine, but not me.

No loans before 18.

No loans longer than 6 months.

Always put in a recall option, if they're playing less than 75% of the available games, recall them.

Assign tutors with 'determined' or 'professional' personalities.

Any youngster with less than 12 (I use 15) determination will never amount to anything.

Now to breed a race of atomic super youths while still trying to see just how far I can get this oil-rich Bohemians! My policy at the moment has been buying up youngsters from everywhere because the standard of youth player is poor, but I find it hard to get loans for them. I had two feeder clubs in the First Division, but Salthill Devon keep cancelling loan deals (but only during the January window, in the Summer transfer window they're all about accepting players from us and it got them to a cup final, against us, which they lost because they couldn't play our players) and Drogheda United got promoted off the back of getting a bunch of loanees from us so we had to cut the link.

Just starting my 4th season at Derby. Finished the last year overachieving my reaching tenth and I've brought in five free transfers to strengthen the squad, including Stephan El Shaarawy. Also just broke our transfer record to sign Tom Ince for 9 million as he had two great seasons at Celtic and my side desperately needed a decent left-sided player. Hoping to push on up the table this year with Will Hughes as the focus of our team. He's insanely good and only getting better, having just developed into an inside forward. Still hasn't got his first England cap, though. But it can't be far off.

My Will Hughes is an England regular by the fourth season. A goal every two games too.

I should probably play FM again at some time, it has been at least two months... :unsure:

Brenda does pick him.

And then he crashes out of the World Cup and the Euros at the group stage and doesn't get sacked.

I mean, it's not like there is an English manager who has won three league titles in a row and a Champions League waiting in the wings...

Having resolved to not release either Lampard or Terry at any point, I find myself annoyed at their continuing refusal to retire. :shifty: Just extended both their contracts to 2017, at which time they would be 39 and 36 years old respectively.

Although I still don't understand how Terry has been voted Fans' Player of the Year for the last four seasons in a row...

Made a game a few months back, with an updated league tables with who i thought at the time would be promoted/relegated.

Choose to be Tranmere in the Championship as a challenge. Ended up winning the play off's.

Couldn't sign anyone of note in the prem, so just stuck with a terribly average squad, but with great harmony. Had a storming second half of the season and finished 13th, with my Free Transfer signing Adam Rooney bagging 21 goals in the prem, missing out on the golden boot by 1!

In my second season, because of my low wage bill and tiny overheads, we turned over a profit of 68m, which allowed my board to release funds of 30m to build on our status, as well as improve the youth system to an academy, and improve our training facilities and scouting network.

Still couldn't sign any established stars, but have been snapping up young hungry players who have great resell value. My team is built around Will Hughes and Nathan Redmond, as well as other young guns. Beginning to slowly build a dynasty.

Bohemian's walk the title winning it with 9 games left. Win the league cup with a 3rd string team.

Champions League groups for the third year running but with a shitty group again: Bayern, Rubin and PSG. PSG win 4-2 at Dalymount, Bayern beat us 2-0 at the Allianz -Arena. We're bottom with 0 points but only three off both Bayern and Rubin. Anything against Rubin would keep hopes of getting out of the group and into the Europa League alive.

Jordan Rhodes has come good after a shaky start, took singing Connor Wickham to get him going. (Signed him because I though he was Irish mostly, since his name is Connor and all turned out he's declared for England but does have Irish as his second nationality so I was almost right)

When you hit 2032, it's time to stop playing, right?

Funnily enough I'm at around 2027 and looking to quit my job around 2032, simulate the universe for 20 years and then see how my actions affected the future of football in the long term.

I turned Dortmund into the richest club in the world and spent the past 15 years trying to knock Bayern off their perch as the most successful team in Germany. I'm still about eight league titles off so hopefully my successor will finish the job for me.

I won the PL 8 seasons running with Man Utd but Arsenal won it last year. There's not a single player in the game who's "real", they are all regent. It's strange because when you've been playing it for that long all the regens kinda become real if that makes any sense.

I won the PL 8 seasons running with Man Utd but Arsenal won it last year. There's not a single player in the game who's "real", they are all regent. It's strange because when you've been playing it for that long all the regens kinda become real if that makes any sense.

I know exactly what your on about. Had a 20 year plus game with Newcastle last year (12 straight Premier League titles! :D), by the time it came to swtich to 2013, my first crop of regens were becoming managers and I built ap a big attachment to them!

Had to draw the line when your captain wasn't born when you first took over at the club!