[EWR] August 1996 - MASTERS Scenario (v2.0 DL)

Alright here's the updated version. I guess we can call it, version 2.0... Solid addition of wrestlers, and if you've been following this project, you'll notice a wide variety of workers whom were missing before but certainly deserve their name in this database.

Download Version 2.0 (Sharebeast)

Now, here's what's on the future agenda:

- Add accurate Japanese workers, touring the appropriate promotions.
+ I'd say I have this one about covered. You can throw me some information if you want, or if I request some help, but I'm pretty interested in digging through 1990's Japanese wrestling since Puroresu is the only wrestling I still pay attention to. Cagematch Database has plenty of information concerning event results, while Wikipedia has made leaps and bounds in the past year or two concerning their pro wrestling database (seriously, has anyone else noticed this?).

- Adding a variety of regional and small, American promotions which were around this time.
+ This is definitely just as important to me as adding Japanese workers. A wide variety of regional and small promotions is important in the game because you need these independent workers actually working matches so they can improve their skills, otherwise you have John Doe with the near same damn stats he did years before. This will allow you to watch over some unsigned guys and see their improvement, deciding when you should snag them up and throw them into development or immediately on the roster.
+ Information concerning independent promotions around this time is pretty hard to find, so some real digging is necessary I'm looking for anyone willing to help with this task, posting in here an appropriate roster concerning their overness, tied in with the suggested size of the promotion. So if you want to help me out, flood through some results of regional promotions in 1996, and come up with a roster for them similar to how I have organized my rosters in this thread and in the handbook for this mod.

- Adding more managers, valets, woman's workers, and non-wrestlers.
+ This update had no focus whatsoever in adding more managers, ect., instead, I just added as many active workers I could to give the database the real foundation it needs to be great. But of course, more managers, ect. should be added at some point down the line. I'll probably run through some other databases to see who I'm missing, while I'm sure you guys will have some suggestions as well.

- Compiling a Picture Database.
+ I really, really wanted to release this update with a picture database in tact, but this process was kinda long and I really wanna hear what you guys have to say about my progress. But at some point, I really do want to compile a database of pictures appropriate to this time in wrestling history. If you want to do this, I will love you for ever. I'm busy in real life and really shouldn't be spending a lot of time doing this stuff.

Here's another worker you could add:

Name: Wayne Mattei

Short Name: The Maniac

Birth Month/Age: January/22

Heavyweight

Wage: $4000

Speaks: Yes

Nationality: Australian

Finishers: Chokeslam(x2)

Heel, Monster

Check SS Look and Menacing.

Brawling: 65

Speed: 26

Technical: 32

Stiffness: 65

Selling: 58

Over: 6

Charisma: 54

Attitude: 90

Behavior: 90

Change Steve Doll's age to 31, and birth month to September.

Change Rex King's birth month to August. He turns 35 in the month the game starts. I forgot if their age changes at the beginning so I'm not sure if his age needs to be changed or not.

I will try to help with the regional feds and such too when I get some time. It's looking good so far though. Keep it up.

EDIT:
Alter-egos for Steve Doll: Steve Dunn, Steven Dunn, Southern Rocker

Alter-egos for Rex King: Mark Smith, Timothy Well

Add tag-team:

Well Dunn: Steve Doll & Rex King (inactive) (exp: 40)

Lightning Express: Brad Armstrong & Tim Horner (exp: 35)

It's possible both could be under open contracts to WCW, Doll last appeared in June, and King appeared sporadically throughout 1996.

Another Edit:

Ahmed Johnson should be the I.C. Champ. It should be noted however that he was injured in late July, but I believe on August 1st, he still was champ. Later in the month he had to vacate the title.

Edited by jupiterhill

• 5 months later...

Was anymore work ever done on this? If so could I get it? This is perhaps my favorite time in wrestling and having something updated and correct would be awesome

The current version is the most up-to-date in terms of accuracy, although I'm sure there are a few mistakes in the data. I don't know why Regal is listed as American, that's just a mistake.

• 5 months later...

This really is an awesome update to the terrible 90's scenarios for EWR.

I went through and built a pic pack for anyone who is interested (mostly using justxyank's nGo pack)

I believe I used the older update :S I'll download the latest and go from their for another pic update...

The only thing I edited in the data was the picture name portion, to set the pics.

Download:

Data, Skin and Handbook

Pics and Logos

MASTERS1_zps6ff94f50.jpg

MASTERS2_zps62a66146.jpg

OK, so I downloaded version 2.0 of the database and updated the picture links in the data and filled in missing photos. All workers have a picture. I also noticed the following worker errors:

• Hector Hatchet and Violent J are both the same person.
  • Sewer Dwella and Shaggy 2 Dope are the same person.
  • Mack Daddy Kane and Tony Stetson are the same person.
  • Freddie Joe Floyd and Tracy Smothers are the same person
  • Skull Von Crush and Vito LoGrasso are the same person

Here is the updated links to the 2.0 data and pic pack:

• Like 1

Awesome stuff iDOL! Did not expect this at all and truly appreciate the picture pack! It's definitely an awesome addition to this data set and perhaps future MASTERS scenarios down the line. Pictures for every wrestler definitely increases the playing experience of any EWR game by 1000%!

EDIT: Why is Bret Hart removed from his WWF contract?

• 2 months later...

Not to bump this thread after months but when I was updating this scenario to November for use in a diary, which SKA very graciously suggested I use, I decided to flat out do a bit of a miniature "update" of sorts to bring all of the companies up to November of 96. It's actually been pretty smooth sailing, although I still need to find a roster for ECW around that time. Just reporting in because I found a few issues in the scenario. I'll list them off and see if I can't do something about fixing them up myself, but just a bit of a heads up of some oversights. :)

-Bill Irwin is not in the database at all. He wrestled in WWF around this time still as The Goon.

-Tom Brandi does not seem to be in the database. He wrestled in the WWF as Salvatore Sincere and under his real name. Later he picked up The Patriot gimmick, who is in the scenario but I'm assuming that is meant to be Del Wilkes' incarnation.

-Max Muscle is missing from the scenario. He would have been working for WCW at about the time this scenario was made, as well as November.

-DeWayne Bruce is also missing. He would have still been active on the WCW roster at points, likely as Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker.

-Joseph D'Acquisto (The Roadblock) Isn't included either. He would have been employed with WCW in August too if my research is proving right.

Not to bump this thread after months but when I was updating this scenario to November for use in a diary, which SKA very graciously suggested I use, I decided to flat out do a bit of a miniature "update" of sorts to bring all of the companies up to November of 96. It's actually been pretty smooth sailing, although I still need to find a roster for ECW around that time. Just reporting in because I found a few issues in the scenario. I'll list them off and see if I can't do something about fixing them up myself, but just a bit of a heads up of some oversights. :)

-Bill Irwin is not in the database at all. He wrestled in WWF around this time still as The Goon.

-Tom Brandi does not seem to be in the database. He wrestled in the WWF as Salvatore Sincere and under his real name. Later he picked up The Patriot gimmick, who is in the scenario but I'm assuming that is meant to be Del Wilkes' incarnation.

-Max Muscle is missing from the scenario. He would have been working for WCW at about the time this scenario was made, as well as November.

-DeWayne Bruce is also missing. He would have still been active on the WCW roster at points, likely as Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker.

-Joseph D'Acquisto (The Roadblock) Isn't included either. He would have been employed with WCW in August too if my research is proving right.

I do believe I've added the first three in my next update, but check again for Roadblock without 'The'. If not I've definitely added him as well. If you would like the stats I've given them for my next update PM me and I can shoot them over real quick.

• 1 month later...