The January 2013 Transfer Window Thread

Lineker

Jan Vertoghen suggested that Tottenham sign Danish star and Ajax player Christian Eriksen.

Fulham are looking to make a move for QPR striker Jamie Mackie. He's a bit underrated in my opinion, can be a good signing for Fulham.

Tottenham are prepared to sell Danny Rose on the transfer window, more likely to Sunderland.

Liverpool are looking for France U21 centre-back Nicolas Isimat-Mirin.

Steve Bruce has got the permission from the board to launch a SEVEN MILLION POUNDS bid for Fraizer Campbell.

Brighton are preparing to launch a 4M bid for nPower Championship top goalscorer Charlie Austin.

Liverpool are really close to signing Thomas Ince for 6M pounds, but obviously they wouldn't actually pay that quantity, since they will get 35% of that back (2.1M).

Frank Lampard is linked with Monaco, currently coached by Claudio Ranieri. They're not willing to offer 130,000/week, but in Monaco you have no taxes, so there's a good chance he might join them.

• Like 1

Steve Bruce has got the permission from the board to launch a SEVEN MILLION POUNDS bid for Fraizer Campbell.

Campbell was absolutely superb at Hull, a terrific Championship player. If he can bag as many goals this time around, promotion will be in the teams grasp and 7million wont seem such a big fee. Plus Bruce managed him at Sunderland so will know how to use him. Really hope that deal goes through, but I suspect it might be a loan for a smallish fee, with a future fee making up the rest of the 7 if he signs permanently. Leading to the inevitable kick in the nuts when he signs for a bigger team.

Edited by ZJ Penn

Yeah. I saw him play at the KC a dozen or so times and he was fantastic. Pace and composed finishing, the dream match for a Championship striker. If he scores the goals to return to the top

flight and the money that comes with it, well worth it. Plus I think Aluko would be a great partner for him, which he didnt really have last time.

Not to mention, last time he came he was on the verge of being sold by United and making only the occassional cup cameo.

Edited by ZJ Penn

One thing is being a fringe player at Utd, other thing is being a fringe player at Sunderland.

Not when its the same person. Regardless of what hes done at Sunderland, the fact remains that the season he spent in the Championship, he was arguably the best striker in it.

Not necessarily. If theyre smart theyll get him on a loan first, to see if he can still perform as he did. And if he can, then Id be happy to part with that kind of money for a season or more of Premier League football.

Obviously paying it all up front is a bigger gamble, but I still think its a good option, considering a regular goalscorer could have put Hull top this season.