The January 2013 Transfer Window Thread

Lineker

Liked what I've seen of Ince, hope he gets the chance to continue developing.

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fernandinho is being targeted by both Manchester United and City.

Remy likes Newcastle apparently.

Lucio signed with Sao Paulo.

Supposedly Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Ramsey and Carl Jenkinson will put pen to paper on long-term deals by the end of the week. That'd be nice and at least keep the headache to a dull roar. Apparently Walcott has sat down for formal discussions finally, although at this point I could live with him gone.

I know I say this all the time but yet again Liverpool are paying big comparable sums for English players. Sturridge is not worth £12million, and no way Ince's value from 18 months of Championship football is £6million. Half of that is pushing it. No doubt he could grow into a world class player but it remains to be seen for me.

I know I say this all the time but yet again Liverpool are paying big comparable sums for English players. Sturridge is not worth £12million, and no way Ince's value from 18 months of Championship football is £6million. Half of that is pushing it. No doubt he could grow into a world class player but it remains to be seen for me.

I dunno, I think £12 million for Sturridge is about right, assuming we get the same form as last year. My main concern is how he's going to connect with Suarez. As somebody else mentioned, they're both incredibly selfish players, and could end up stepping on each others toes. Totally agree on Ince though. It's ludicrous that we sent him packing in the first place because he showed no real promise of becoming anywhere near good enough.

I think I would've preferred Walcott all things considered, and probably could have got him for half the price of Sturridge. Would've been happy with Quaresma too, but obviously he's getting on a bit now. Alexis Sanchez would have been awesome, but his agent ruled that one out pretty quickly. Can't say I blame him.

Hopefully we're looking at nabbing a new left back too. I think I said before that I really like Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg, and Liverpool tend to sign people in real life that I do on FIFA :shifty:

I dunno, I think £12 million for Sturridge is about right, assuming we get the same form as last year. My main concern is how he's going to connect with Suarez. As somebody else mentioned, they're both incredibly selfish players, and could end up stepping on each others toes. Totally agree on Ince though. It's ludicrous that we sent him packing in the first place because he showed no real promise of becoming anywhere near good enough.

I think I would've preferred Walcott all things considered, and probably could have got him for half the price of Sturridge. Would've been happy with Quaresma too, but obviously he's getting on a bit now. Alexis Sanchez would have been awesome, but his agent ruled that one out pretty quickly. Can't say I blame him.

Hopefully we're looking at nabbing a new left back too. I think I said before that I really like Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg, and Liverpool tend to sign people in real life that I do on FIFA :shifty:

Walcott for £6m? :huh:

I know he's in the last few months of his contract, but still.

If we're going to compare every signing we make to the stupidity of those three then yeah, every single one is going to look like a fantastic bit of business.

We already know what happens when you sign overrated, overpriced players from the most overvalued market in world football. It's beyond baffling that we seem to be continuing down this line of shopping almost exclusively in the British market, except for Assaidi and Sahin (who now can't get a look in).

If we end up paying £18m for Sturridge and Ince we should just give up and fold.

I'm sure I read somewhere that while the actual quoted price for Ince is £6 million, we won't pay all of that because Blackpool will owe us about £2 million from the sell on clause from when we sold him.

And I don't see £12 million as excessive for Sturridge, he's young, he's not close to the end of his contract and Chelsea don't need to sell. I wouldn't say we've been fleeced as wel have in the past.

I might be in the minority but I don't actually think that Sturridge and Ince for £18m is that bad. It was always going to be an inflated price, given that a) they're both English and b) it's in January but I think that these two could actually be decent signings for Liverpool.

Sturridge has a patchy record at best, comes for a big price tag, will demand massive wages, has a shit attitude and seems to want to be played as a central striker, when there's no chance he'll be starting ahead of Suarez up there. He'll be moaning to the press in no time. Read an article the other day that said if Sturridge was half as good as he thinks he is he'd be twice as good as he actually is, absolutely nailed him. If he was a foreigner he'd cost a few million at most, the British premium is ridiculous.

Ince has looked decent for a mid-table Championship outfit, and comes into a position where we already have a number of promising young players. We don't need to be tying £6m up on another hopeful punt at this point, it's an incredibly dumb use of our transfer budget after a dumb summer.

Sturridge has a patchy record at best, comes for a big price tag, will demand massive wages, has a shit attitude and seems to want to be played as a central striker, when there's no chance he'll be starting ahead of Suarez up there. He'll be moaning to the press in no time. Read an article the other day that said if Sturridge was half as good as he thinks he is he'd be twice as good as he actually is, absolutely nailed him. If he was a foreigner he'd cost a few million at most, the British premium is ridiculous.

Ince has looked decent for a mid-table Championship outfit, and comes into a position where we already have a number of promising young players. We don't need to be tying £6m up on another hopeful punt at this point, it's an incredibly dumb use of our transfer budget after a dumb summer.

Bang on. Studge is a good player. He has talent and a lebel of quality.. but it comes with a bad attitude and a sense of importance. Sadly the former isn't high enough to equal out the latter. Better value for players of similar (and higher) quality outside of England.

Ince is good - at his level. But 6m is a risk. Delph cost us a whack, structured, and hasn't shown anything to warrant it. Young English players can be overpriced. Ashley Westwood cost us peanuts, Delph cost us millions.. the media hype adds millions.

Sturridge is exactly the same sort of player as Darren Bent, where if you build an entire team around them then of course they're going to look good. The problem is that Liverpool aren't going to build the team around him, they're going to expect him to help Suarez in a 4-4-2/4-3-3 formation playing in exactly the same place where he was at Chelsea.

Liverpool will presumably try to play him as a right winger/wide striker (with Suarez in the centre and possibly Enrique as a left winger)

Surely it'd make more sense for Liverpool to get a decent left winger and stick Enrique back in his natural left back position, but given how Liverpool buy players these days they'll probably sign Adam Johnson who has exactly the same attitude problem that Sturridge has.

Sturridge is exactly the same sort of player as Darren Bent, where if you build an entire team around them then of course they're going to look good. The problem is that Liverpool aren't going to build the team around him, they're going to expect him to help Suarez in a 4-4-2/4-3-3 formation playing in exactly the same place where he was at Chelsea.

Liverpool will presumably try to play him as a right winger/wide striker (with Suarez in the centre and possibly Enrique as a left winger)

Surely it'd make more sense for Liverpool to get a decent left winger and stick Enrique back in his natural left back position, but given how Liverpool buy players these days they'll probably sign Adam Johnson who has exactly the same attitude problem that Sturridge has.

Raheem%20Sterling.jpg