The January 2013 Transfer Window Thread

Lineker

If Southampton end up signing him it'd be glorious schadenfreude for all the times that a midtable club got a deal snatched away from them by a top four club at the last minute.

Plus it'd make me feel better about the Remy thing, because yes, he would have made a difference to the team and he's no less of a player now he's joined QPR, he just won't benefit from their system as much as he could have at Newcastle.

Makes sense with Llorente coming in the Summer they need a striker that will keep them going until then...but I expected Juventus to just agree a fee with Bilbao to get Llorente earlier considering he's not playing regularly at Bilbao these days and getting rid of his wages + about a million euros would be a great deal for them :/

They'v already nicked Forren from Liverpool (not that that's a big deal), it seems So'ton's new scouting plan is just to bid for whoever Liverpool does.

Gaston Ramirez too. They don't need to steal any more of our targets for people to have schadenfreude, they should just fuck off instead :shifty:

The difference between Coutinho and Forren is Forren seemed to want to go to Southampton anyway and I think had originally turned down a trial with Liverpool before accepting one and not showing up. Coutinho however actually wants to go to Liverpool not Southampton.

Coutinho's due for a medical at Liverpool at the start of the week.

EDIT: I was listening to a podcast earlier where it was suggested Liverpool weren't seriously in for Gaston Ramirez (IIRC we were more heavily linked with him when Camoli and Kenny were still about). In the same way that the Sneijder thing was more agent talk in order to get another deal going.

Yeah, Ramírez was a Kenny target and now I don't really see the big deal with Gastón Ramírez, he is average at best.

Coutinho seems to be a done deal, he did well at Espanyol, haven't seen him at Inter. I hope he fits right in the starting eleven

I imagine he'll end up rotating the wide left position with Sterling and Borini for the remainder of the season, which is hopefully enough time for him to adapt to the Premier League and become a regular next season.

What excites me most is that we seem to actually have real attacking options now. Those front three or four positions can be taken up by any combination of Suarez, Sturridge, Borini, Sterling, Downing, Gerrard, Coutinho, Suso, Assaidi, Henderson and Shelvey. If we add another fullback and viable cover for Lucas, we've gone from having a dangerously thin squad to real options. I'm super excited to see what happens in the summer now.

Lucas Leiva was pure quality, but he never played at CDM, yet Rafa wanted him there, and it takes time for someone to learn about the position, the fundamentals you need to have to play there, add that to a couple of injuries and there you go, three seasons.

• Like 1