TEW13 Early RWM Jan 2013

Thanks as always. Has to be some kind of record for how quick a solid database came out after a new game release. Hours. Now, my humble suggestions.

With the new way the game is set up we don't really need "User Characters" anymore unless they're fictional ones. So makes sense for me to untick the "User" box on the real people you have and to just leave "The User" as the only person with "User" ticked. That means people don't have to go through the process of deciding who to erase and who to keep in the game starting process. Fictional Characters = User Characters. If someone wants to play as a real wrestling personality they can with the new option and everyone will be part of the game regardless.

Also it means we can add relationships back for them. Right now all I could only come up with a few but I'm sure there's more important ones I'm missing.

Shane McMahon - Blood relationships with Vince, Steph, and Linda. Loyalty to Triple H.

DDP - Strong Friendships with Kevin Nash, Eric Bischoff, and Scott Hall. Loyalty to Jake Roberts - his trainer and currently DDP is counseling Jake's addictions.

Gerald Brisco - Blood for Wes Brisco and Strong Friendship for Pat Patterson.

Megumi Kudo - Married to Bad Boy Hido and Loyalty to Jaguar Toyota, her trainer.

Tom Billington - Loyalty to the older Harts? Bret, Bruce, Smith, Neidhart. I don't know what the nature of their relationship is these days or if he has a relationship with the younger ones.

Hayabusa - Loyalty to Tarzan Gota, his trainer. Strong Friendship with Jushin Liger.

There's also Freddie Prinze Jr and Jerry Estrada but I couldn't come up with any relationships for them.

I noticed that the TNA Bound For Glory Series title is set to retired. It should be active, no? Also you have James Storm listed as the 2012 winner when Jeff Hardy won.

Also maybe its just me but I'd do away with the "WWE Board of Directors" and put Vince as the owner. I know they're a public company but the McMahons still own controlling interest of the company and that won't change. So keeping the company "in family" and lessening the odds of someone else taking over seems to make sense to me. For my own database I put Vince as the owner and made the "mandatory owners" Vince, Steph, and Triple H. I know that doesn't assure it but seems like it might help the odds.

You have "Memo Rodriguez" in NXT. Guillermo Rodriguez plays Memo Montengro so I think you just inverted the real and NXT names. Also you have him with Blood relationships with Dos Caras and Dos Caras Jr but he's also related to Mil Mascaras, Sicodelico, Sicodelico Jr, and El Hijo del Sicodelico.

It should be "Garett Bischoff" with one r.

Edited by galacticgonzo
  • Like 2

Shane McMahon - Blood relationships with Vince, Steph, and Linda. Loyalty to Triple H.

also maybe put friendship relationship with JBL, Kurt Angle and Big Show. (Are as friends in EWR, there are some others too)

DDP - Strong Friendships with Kevin Nash, Eric Bischoff, and Scott Hall. Loyalty to Jake Roberts - his trainer and currently DDP is counseling Jake's addictions.

dislike to Steiner, friendships with Austin, Hogan and Foley (EWR too, others too.)

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

What basis is there for the DDP/Foley dislike? I've never heard of any heat there, Foley does DDP Yoga, and they were friends in WCW. The only reasoning I can think of is Foley's story in his first book of the rib him and Austin played on Page.

Shane should be friends with Big Show, Test, Pete Gas and Rodney. I'm not sure about Kurt Angle or JBL.

What basis is there for the DDP/Foley dislike? I've never heard of any heat there, Foley does DDP Yoga, and they were friends in WCW. The only reasoning I can think of is Foley's story in his first book of the rib him and Austin played on Page.

Shane should be friends with Big Show, Test, Pete Gas and Rodney. I'm not sure about Kurt Angle or JBL.

Skummy, wake up. :P He said dislike with Steiner, friendships with the others. :P

Inside the database folder inside the TEW2013 folder, right?

And hate to ask the most obvious of questions, but are you running in admin mode?

Yeah, I've checked inside the database folder. Nothing.

I am running in admin mode, yes. Is that what's wrong? I have never even played TEW before, so nothing is obvious...

Anyone else not able to get this to run at all without deleting the WWE? Every time I try to load up a game, it gets stuck on WWE rosters. I let it go for about an hour. Still nothing. But when I deleted WWE, the database worked.

make sure you have the latest patch http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522661

Blargh, looks like I'm buying the game a bit earlier than I thought. I was planning on screwing around with the demo for a while, but the patches are only available if you have the retail version.

Of course, I wanted to make sure it actually worked on my computer before going ahead and buying the game, so... :/

The patches only work on the retail version? Are you sure? I have the trial and the latest patch as of December 14th, I believe.

Also make sure there's enough event names and TV show names in the database.