Game Recording Stuffs

Millsybeast

I've been considering doing some LPs for some old ass games, does this pose any sort of problem in terms of video capture?

Do you have a background in journalism or broadcasting? If not, I wouldn't bother, as Quom said it's pointless, you're awful, and the company will probably take it down due to copyrights and call your mother a cunt.

• Like 5

I've been considering doing some LPs for some old ass games, does this pose any sort of problem in terms of video capture?

Do you have a background in journalism or broadcasting? If not, I wouldn't bother, as Quom said it's pointless, you're awful, and the company will probably take it down due to copyrights and call your mother a cunt.

Is company a euphemism for my father? It's true though, i am quite awful. But the one thing I thought I'd have going for me is that I'm not 15, and that my voice is really fucking sexy.

I just thought i'd give it a go, always wanted to try it just for kicks really, I'm not really bothered by people thinking it's a pile of shit.

For old consoles, a cheap Dazzle box like the DVC100 will do the trick. It connects to your PC through USB, and you can record the input in Windows movie maker like you would a webcam.

It wouldn't be worth trying to use it with an Xbox 360 or PS3, the quality wouldn't be good enough for that, but retro stuff would be fine going through it.

All you'd need to consider is, how does the specific console you want to record from connect to a TV? different consoles connect in different ways, some are scart, some are composite, some are aerial, so just check you have a capture card that supports that cable as an input- or find a splitter/converter that carries the picture/sound down a cable your capture card supports.

You might also want to invest in a splitter to use before it reaches the capture card, so you can play on your TV and record on your PC at the same time. Otherwise you'll have to watch the computer screen while you record the footage. Probably not the most fun way of doing it. While it's recording, the playback can be jerky etc.

Doesn't Something Awful have like... a guide to making a decent lets play? Try and find that too. There's a ton of rules that, if you stick to them, will greatly increase the quality. A lot of simple stuff like editing out silence, not saying "uuh" between every other sentence (also known as Goldbluming) and presenting your content and your thoughts in a coherent manner. Overall though, if you really want anyone to watch, you need something that you're doing as well, if not better than other YouTubers that's going to give people a reason to watch your content. There's millions of Minecraft Let's Plays on YouTube. The Yogscast, for example, are successful because the game's almost just a platform for their personalities. Then they added a narrative and some great scenery and suddenly they make enough money to have their own offices in Bristol.

The Roxios here. Im going to be messing about with it for a few days, seeing which is the best way to get the best kind of hd videos from it.

Edited by Millsybeast