EWB Fantasy Baseball 2013

thatshortguy

It does, and so we must acquit. Or something :shifty:

Taking Ryan Cook, RP, Oakland Athletics.

Also, 41 picks away from completing the draft. Barring everyone taking the full 12 hours per pick, we should be good to finish before the self-imposed March 24th deadline. This will give plenty of people time to settle on lineups/replacements/etc.

This is the first time I've seen anyone mention something about it. What's the general consensus? Anyone else want expanded rosters, or keep it the same? Either way, I think we'll cap the draft at 20 Rounds (eight more than Cena can handle)

Meanwhile, I'll pick the man who may well take Daniel Bryan's beard: Josh Reddick, LF/CF, Oakland.

Its probably dumb to have 3 1B but I am going to take a gamble and draft Ryan Howard

Nah, not if you really want one as your utilty/DH hitter. Plus if any have a secondary position that would be useful.

Not to mention their positions can change over the course of the year. Part of the reason I nabbed Craig as early as I did.

Also, Deck & Show have voted in favor of expanded rosters. If I get three more votes in favor, I'll change it to 25 by adding five more bench spots. I don't think anyone wants to mess with having Corner Infielders/Outfielders or multiple Utility guys.

Well, that also bleeds into the discussion about which stats to include. If holds were included (they are available this year), setup men would become much more valuable, thus changing draft strategies. This is partially why I wanted to end the draft one week before the season started. That way, if counted stats or roster sizes changed, we'd have plenty of time to adapt before our games started.

Long story short, the draft is partially show. A long, drawn out, why-won't-you-die show. One crushing defeat after another until you just wish Srar would go away. :shifty: