TEW2013 Real World Update: February 2013

Found it, it was in a weird spot on my computer, however I'm still having trouble creating the database, I create the database but it doesn't create the folder and stuff as it says it should

Edited by ChrisO

Superstars below should be added to game if their not in yet and to CZW:

- Add Shane Strickland to CZW.

- Add Dustin Rayz to CZW.

- Add Alexander James to CZW.

- Add Nicholas Kaye to CZW

- Add Emil J to CZW.

- Add Colin Delaney to CZW.

- Add Larry Legend to CZW

- Add Rory Mondo to CZW

These changes should be made:

- Bandido Jr. to midcarder

- Matt Tremont to upper midcarder

- Nevaeh to manage Jake & Dave Crist.

- Cherry Bomb to manage Pepper Parks

- Robbie Mireno to manage BLK Jeez & Ruckus

- Christina Von Eerie to manage Joe Gacy

- Kimber Lee to manage Drew Gulak

- Chrissy Rivera to manage Alex Colon, Bandido Jr. and Azrieal.

- Add Alexander James to Gulak Campaign

- Add Nicholas Kaye to The Front

- Change Pepper Parks to Heel.

- Change April event to Best of the Best 12

- Change May event to Proving Grounds

UPDATE:

- Add Shane Hollister to CZW.

- Add Scarlett Bordeaux to CZW.

- Put Bordeaux to manage Hollister

- Add Eric Ryan to CZW.

- Make a team named The Catalyst with members being Dustin Rayz & Eric Ryan

UPDATE #2:

- Spoils 14th anniversary event;

The Catalyst are the new CZW World Tag Team Champions.

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

Matt and Nick Jackson should be known as "The Young Bucks" in PWG (and anywhere else they are signed). They are still in as "Generation Me" in the current update.

The Amazing Red should be removed from PWG.

Perhaps Super Dragon should be put back on hiatus? I think he is just out with an injury and he alluded to possibly returning for the anniversary show, so keeping him active might be alright too.

Brian Cage-Taylor can simply be renamed "Brian Cage" now.

Patrick Hernandez is no longer listed on the PWG roster page...I believe I remember something being said on commentary at a recent show about him not refereeing since he got married. He has not been on the past few events (though I have not seen Mystery Vortex yet)

RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime and Johnny Yuma) are heels.

B-Boy should be face.

I also think Kevin Steen should probably be aligned as a face. He does heelish things but ultimately I would say he is a face.

Updated roster for Nu-Wrestling Evolution if you decide to add it back (sorry it took me so long, I barely got time to even play the game nowadays):

Bobby Lashley

Brina Kendrick

Carlito

Chris Mordetzky

Jody Fleisch

Juventud Guererra

Leroy Kincaide

Lion Kid

Mark Andrews

Matt Cross

Stixx

Super Nova

King Danza

T-Bone

Tiny Iron

Ultimo Dragon

I'd also suggest to change their status to "Touring".

set Working Agreement between Osaka Pro / Dragon Gate

I'm compiling stats for some missing UK workers, hopefully I'd have them for you before new update comes out.

I'd suggest switching around the importance of Mexico's regions. All of the promotions are based in West Central Mexico and this is where the capital city and the most prominient lucha shows are held, but you have the Northern region as being the most important. From what I can tell, up north just gets house shows and small small small independent promotions.

Titan and Triton should definitely be added to CMLL, I'll throw together some stats for them when I get home from work. I also made a list of people who were in the database and needed to be added/removed from CMLL, but again I'll have to wait until I get home to access that. I might throw up a roster for TxT (El Hijo del Santo's promotion) and maybe DTU and XMW (smaller lucha indies) if I have time.

Playing through the game, I noticed some things. Basically, a lot of American indy promotions seem very overpowered.

The Asylum Arena isn't open. It will be open later this year, but not yet.

CZW seems way overpowered. There's no way they're more popular than Chikara, their popularity should at most be equal. Realistically, CZW is far more of a niche product and seems to have a smaller fanbase. While Chikara's big shows are at a respected music venue, CZW's are at a skate zone, yet in the Tri-State CZW has 50% popularity and Chikara has 40%. Also, CZW has a 30% popularity nationwide and Chikara has 18% nationwide. This also doesn't feel right, as Chikara tours the country while the vast majority of CZW's shows happen in two states.

ROH is another big problem. If they were as popular as the update says they are, then they should have 3000+ fans at their tv tapings all across the nation (which is how the game simulates it in a bad wrestling market). As someone who has been to the tv tapings, they're nowhere close to that. They're also drawing 10,000 fans for their PPVs in this game.

PWG also feels overpowered. I don't have so much of a problem with their popularity in the South West, but they've never held a show outside of California (minus a few European shows) yet have a lot of popularity across the US.

I feel like I could go on and on. Why does FWE, which appears to be your run-of-the-mill indy, have so much popularity? Why does UWF have so much popularity? Why is WSU more popular than SHIMMER?

Playing through the game, I noticed some things. Basically, a lot of American indy promotions seem very overpowered.

The Asylum Arena isn't open. It will be open later this year, but not yet.

CZW seems way overpowered. There's no way they're more popular than Chikara, their popularity should at most be equal. Realistically, CZW is far more of a niche product and seems to have a smaller fanbase. While Chikara's big shows are at a respected music venue, CZW's are at a skate zone, yet in the Tri-State CZW has 50% popularity and Chikara has 40%. Also, CZW has a 30% popularity nationwide and Chikara has 18% nationwide. This also doesn't feel right, as Chikara tours the country while the vast majority of CZW's shows happen in two states.

As a big CZW fan, I have to say that I agree with this, though I think CHIKARA should be a bit higher than CZW in popularity.

And Chikara themselves are also pretty overpowered. Basically, none of the indy promotions are treated like indy promotions. I don't have TEW in front of me, but from what I recall in the default database most of the smaller promotions have some popularity in their region, for example PWG would have some popularity in the South West, but then they would have F's elsewhere because they haven't run shows. No matter how much of an indy buzz PWG has, I can't see them drawing a whole hell of a lot in, for example, Wyoming, yet in the data they have like an E+ popularity across the nation.

For a more traditional indy, look at FWE. They're based in New York. Now, sure, they have some popular talent, but would they be able to draw much based on just their promotion itself? People in Georgia aren't really hankering for a FWE show. So, why do so many promotions have this nationwide recognition? It's annoying, especially when a buuuuunch of indy promotions suddenly get tv shows that they could realistically never land. It's not like they're signing deals to be put on tv with their local public television channel, some places get nationwide deals when that's not very likely to happen, you know?

I realize I'm not actually giving numbers yet, I wanted to see what other people thought (ie, I didn't want to pull a KrisClassic).

• Like 1

UWF should be removed...they haven't run any shows that I am aware of in over a year.

Also I like the points that Little Murpheebennett brings up. I agree that most of the indies should have their popularity more or less kept to their region. A fed like Chikara though should have some spread in theirs as they travel all across the country now. Also I definitely agree that Chikara has surpassed CZW in popularity. In their current state I think ROH could use a drop in popularity.

In a way i agree but in another some of these indy promotions do deserve a bigger coverage, Chikara have been doing iPPV's for a while opening them up to new areas and PWG had a DVD in national distribution, i'd say an F to E- rating should be highest for a non-touring promotion as a general base.

Some of them do, surely. ROH, Chikara, PWG, hell even CZW (not a fan personally but I can admit they are known as the deathmatch/hardcore/whatever promotion in the country) deserve to have some sort of nationwide recognition as they are seen as the bigger indies. Maybe have these ones be regional and the rest be small? I'm at work right now so I can't double check if that's already the distinction or not. These regional promotions can have some nationwide popularity, but I really don't think small promotions should (unless we can show that they've run several different parts of the country).

Also, does Lucha Libre USA still exist? I can't find a show from them since May of last year.

As it stands the settings are roughly right, without even looking that closely I know a fair amount of people from these companies and the companies are known just as I see their names around. CZW probably couldn't draw for shit in the UK on their own but some of their people appearing on a UK indie show does get some interest from people and sell a few more tickets. Jigsaw has just been announced for a couple of UK shows in the next couple of months and again, despite Chikara being unlikely to draw there are people excited and picking up tickets just to see him.

IF we're changing things I'd say it's the community size (I believe that fluctuates as well as regional importance, not got manual here with me) to look at but I think you'd completely screw up the economic model as per the game set up. I see a lot more companies going bust very early if you were to change things too much there. The restraints on the game as it stand hold up things enough and I think the AI would struggle a lot more than it already does without artifically high crowds.

As it stands the settings are roughly right, without even looking that closely I know a fair amount of people from these companies and the companies are known just as I see their names around. CZW probably couldn't draw for shit in the UK on their own but some of their people appearing on a UK indie show does get some interest from people and sell a few more tickets. Jigsaw has just been announced for a couple of UK shows in the next couple of months and again, despite Chikara being unlikely to draw there are people excited and picking up tickets just to see him.

Yeah, I don't have so much of a problem with companies like Chikara and CZW having national overness (though I think Chikara should definitely have more than CZW), but I don't see why companies like FWE should. The only indy companies I see as having national recognition are ROH, Chikara, PWG, CZW, and maybe Shimmer.

I'm not even sure if ROH needs to be cult. What would people think about them being the biggest regional promotion?

Yeah, I don't have so much of a problem with companies like Chikara and CZW having national overness (though I think Chikara should definitely have more than CZW), but I don't see why companies like FWE should. The only indy companies I see as having national recognition are ROH, Chikara, PWG, CZW, and maybe Shimmer.

I'm not even sure if ROH needs to be cult. What would people think about them being the biggest regional promotion?

IMO Ring of Honor deserves to be cult, even though i'm not personally a fan of them by any means. They are by far the most well-known indy company out there and have been that way for ~10 years.

When it comes to national recognizion, ROH, Chikara, PWG, CZW, Shimmer AND maybe even DG-USA should have it.

IMO Ring of Honor deserves to be cult, even though i'm not personally a fan of them by any means. They are by far the most well-known indy company out there and have been that way for ~10 years.

When it comes to national recognizion, ROH, Chikara, PWG, CZW, Shimmer AND maybe even DG-USA should have it.

any suggestions on overness then? im happy to change it if thats what people want

NOAH

Add:

Atsushi Kotoge

Mikey Nicholls

Shane Haste (to be created, I give you all the informations)

http://img1.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/17312/17312872701900ea16da4fad5202dc7589d40ae2.jpg

http://img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/17312/17312876c7a5837d81fa717f42eb94c9b1fc5bc5.jpg

Remove:

Koji Kanemoto

Tiger Mask

Alex Payne

Keith Walker

Takeshi Rikio

Takeshi Rikio and Kenta Kobashi should be Retired Wrestlers

Modify Shunei Taniguchi, He is now the gimmick of MAYBACH Taniguchi

Should be selected comrade as a gimmick and he is a heel character

Add Strong Friendship between Haste and Nicholls

Create the tag team TMDK with Haste and Nicholls

Set the experience to High