2013 Confederations Cup Thread

Rafael

It has hilarious listening to them ranting and raving on talksport about how it's a joke that Tahiti are in this, and how Australia "have an easier route into the World Cup through Asian qualifiers as opposed to Oceanic". Good chortle.

I wish we still qualified through Oceania. A bunch of easy games and then we get to play the fourth best North American side? I'll take that over taking on Asian sides and - if we fail to make the top two - having to face the fifth placed South American side.

Part of the reason for leaving the Oceania qualification was because it was too easy, wasn't it?

It was more than we wanted more regular competition. We've certainly got that. Between the longer play-offs, the Asian Nations Cup, and the East Asian Cup - we're playing a lot more regularly.

It's to our benefit that we play Asian teams rather than Oceanian teams - just not to the benefit of my heart when we're battling to lock down our spot.