2013 Confederations Cup Thread

Rafael

Happy now, GoGo? :/

No, because you can't read :/

I mean, I don't know. What is there to discuss? We know who's playing in it and presumably squads for it won't be released until May.

How the fuck did Tahiti even win the OFC Cup? They've lost all of their matches in the OFC World Cup Qualifying round. They even lost to the freaking Solomon Islands.

(Also: whoah, New Caledonia are still in with a shot of getting to a World Cup?)

They won the OFC Nations Cup.

How the fuck did Tahiti even win the OFC Cup? They've lost all of their matches in the OFC World Cup Qualifying round. They even lost to the freaking Solomon Islands.

(Also: whoah, New Caledonia are still in with a shot of getting to a World Cup?)

They won the OFC Nations Cup.

I know, I meant how did they win that given their form elsewhere :P

Yeah I misread that sentence. Not that the New Zealand squad in that looks like it was really much good. I would be surprised if whatever CONCACAF team they face in the playoff to qualify for the acutal World Cup didn't annihilate them.

Brazil won't win it (possibly going out in the Semis), Scolari will get sacked as a result of said performance and Brazil will bring in a new coach with less than a year to sort things out before the World Cup.

Feel free to quote me about how wrong this prediction is in June.

The president of the federation already said the Confederations Cup result doesn't matter, Felipão will stay until the World Cup.

FIFA gave the Brazilian FA a limit time to complete the Maracanã Stadium, that will hold the Confederations Cup in June. After protests from the workers, things have been rushed in the construction. Originally, it was scheduled to be done this month, then it was postponed to May, but FIFA wants it by mid-April.

After lack of water, food and terrible bathrooms, the Arena Minas ( known as Mineirão ) was praised for the organization that lacked in the opening match of the stadium ( The Cruzeiro/Atlético-MG derby ). The only problem that was appointed by the fans that went to stadium to watch a state championship game was that there was no toilet paper for the disabled. :/

The Governor of the Federal District (place where the capital, Brasília, is) has confirmed that the opening of the Mané Garrincha stadium will be done at April 21st.

Edited by RafaelFms

Brazil won't win it (possibly going out in the Semis), Scolari will get sacked as a result of said performance and Brazil will bring in a new coach with less than a year to sort things out before the World Cup.

Feel free to quote me about how wrong this prediction is in June.

The president of the federation already said the Confederations Cup result doesn't matter, Felipão will stay until the World Cup.

Didn't they say the same thing about the Olympics with Menezes? Or was that just an opportunity to get rid of an underperforming manager?